New Train Station Sign

No Name

The Welcome Show isn't going away. They moved it to make more room for crowds.

No, it wasn't just moved, it was totally replaced. The old Welcome Show went away, and a new welcome show arrived.

Festival of the Lion King was "moved." Dumbo was "moved" (albeit with many changes). The Welcome Show was totally replaced by a different show in a different place. They couldn't possibly move it, as it involved the train station and the train.

I'd argue that the new show doesn't even fully replace the old Welcome Show, because the train whislin' and pullin' up to the station with the characters waving is too darn magical... but that's beside the point. My own feelings are irrelevant to the distinction between "moved" and "replaced."

Tom P.

You are missing the point entirely 'The' was not the ONLY thing removed from the sign , The established and population portions were removed but most importantly "Walt Disney World" was removed which is part of an ongoing campaign to remove 'Old Dead Guy Walt' from any customer facing material. It's why 'One Man's Dream' was poofed, Walt was removed from the movie releases.

If this had just been about removing 'The' from the 'The Magic Kingdom' even I would have said stuff changes. Removing the indirect reference to Walt Disney is what animates the people who dislike this change.
Except that literally right underneath the new sign it says "Walt Disney World Railroad".

draybook

It seems to me that you're preaching and yelling at people louder than anyone else here.

conceit1.JPG

Disney4family

8 pages later and with all the grammar lesson, I'm just wondering when my L.I. students turned British.
In 1983 I went to the prom. Today's students to go prom.
Maybe the world has turned against the word "the". That would make my life easier teaching a world language.

Sorry - back to the sign...

draybook

I agree about the details, but, they must be relevant, and useful detail, not just something that some thought up when they designed the sign. The sign is not part of the detail package that we should be looking at unless it is drastically out of theme or flat out improper. This one does not qualify as worthy of concern anymore then painting a wall a slightly different color would be. But, as I have said before, if some of you feel that being concerned about, not a small, but, a petty thing like this, please don't let me interfere with everyones enjoyment. Grip away!

FB_IMG_1489176914343.jpg

draybook

Cute, my only question is why isn't concern about nonsense on the sign considered petty. It seem like a pretty petty complaint to me and others.

Signed: Tom Petty

You must have missed the part where I showed how 7.5 billion people don't agree on everything. What you consider petty might not be to others. The better question to be asked is why is your opinion on what's petty more valid than those who don't agree with you? And why not just scroll on by when you see this type of discussion? Not picking here, just wondering.

Scuttle

Nope. Not missing that at all. The poster i replied to was "alluding" that disney is trying to get rid of the Walt part of its name everywhere.
My mom has lived here since 66 and she still refers to the MK as "Disney".... having said that this is so stupid as it shouldn't have been done by TDO and the fans also shouldn't be upset over something like this. ( I I personally loved the elevation sign). But, like I said earlier, the entire main entrance has been ruined by metal detectors and the added fence.

Dads 2 Boys

You are missing the point entirely 'The' was not the ONLY thing removed from the sign , The established and population portions were removed but most importantly "Walt Disney World" was removed which is part of an ongoing campaign to remove 'Old Dead Guy Walt' from any customer facing material. It's why 'One Man's Dream' was poofed, Walt was removed from the movie releases.

If this had just been about removing 'The' from the 'The Magic Kingdom' even I would have said stuff changes. Removing the indirect reference to Walt Disney is what animates the people who dislike this change.

#over reaction much?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom