New Tomorrowland Rock Paint Job

Soarin' Over Pgh

I've always attributed it to a distant planet. It seems that Tomorrowland is heavily based on space travel, aliens, etc...so by walking into Tomorrowland and seeing the rocks it's as if you're entering a new planet or world. It makes sense in my head lol.

..Aesthetically, it's always worked well for me. I guess our brains are similar in that respect. :) I think the rockwork idea works a lot better than foreign plants, or aliens or whathaveyou.

I need more coffee.

I had more on this thought, but, see above statement.

FigmentJedi

Pretty sure this is what the rocks were meant to evoke
vasquez_3c.jpg

azox

I was hoping this movie would be a success. That could have helped TL WDW transform to include style elements from this:
disney-s-tomorrowland-is-an-original-idea-and-you-should-be-excited-for-it-365716.jpg

But alas, I think I am the only one that loved this movie.

While I agree the imagery of the Tomorrowland movie was very cool and I would love to see it appear in the parks, I felt the movie was just ok. The thing that bothered me more was resulting effect of Disney pulling the plug on a Tron sequel because of how bad Tomorrowland did.

Blairnicol

I've always attributed it to a distant planet. It seems that Tomorrowland is heavily based on space travel, aliens, etc...so by walking into Tomorrowland and seeing the rocks it's as if you're entering a new planet or world. It makes sense in my head lol.
I'm assuming it was supposed to evoke Mars or some other planet besides earth, but it always just looked like New Mexico to me....

ABQ

I'm assuming it was supposed to evoke Mars or some other planet besides earth, but it always just looked like New Mexico to me....
Living here in The Land of Entrap....err Enchantment, I can attest that it does look a bit like New Mexico, which I don't like as it doesn't help me enjoy a vacation when I'm reminded of being home.

Timothy_Q

I can't think of any franchise Iger would like to put in that spot.

Ralph and BH6 aren't big enough for him.
Avengers is forbidden, SW is going in DHS.

no idea

Donaldfan1934

Kumbaya. That would be wonderful but it's also contrary to human nature. Utopia is not possible. The promise of a perfect "Tomorrow" is what keeps people subservient to the State. Only when people accept that Tomorrow will not be perfect are they liberated to pursue the best interest of themselves, their families, and their communities within the context of the real world.
I love this! Its a message we all need to accept in order to progress as a society.

Matt_Black

Kumbaya. That would be wonderful but it's also contrary to human nature. Utopia is not possible. The promise of a perfect "Tomorrow" is what keeps people subservient to the State. Only when people accept that Tomorrow will not be perfect are they liberated to pursue the best interest of themselves, their families, and their communities within the context of the real world.

That would mean that Legion of Super-Heroes comics LIED to me, and that's not something I'm willing to accept!

Donaldfan1934

I'm going to voice the apparently un-popular opinion that I like the rock paint job. I think it's pretty/slightly futuristic. The rocks always looked a little too Frontierland in Tomorrowland for my taste.
Totally agree. I love the space like nature to the new rocks and think they finally mesh flawlessly with the land. I'm very much a fan of the "future that never was, but always will be" conceit of the 1994 Tomorrowland despite that there have always been aesthetic issues with it particularly in the back half of the land. The rock paint job is the type of plussing that the Magic Kingdom and WDW as a whole need to see a lot more often.

Blairnicol

Totally agree. I love the space like nature to the new rocks and think they finally mesh flawlessly with the land. I'm very much a fan of the "future that never was, but always will be" conceit of the 1994 Tomorrowland despite that there have always been aesthetic issues with it particularly in the back half of the land. The rock paint job is the type of plussing that the Magic Kingdom and WDW as a whole need to see a lot more often.
Or really just regular paint in general lately...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom