New Tinkerbell Test at MK. Fly's UP to the castle!

cherrynegra

Testtrack321 said:
Yet they raise and lower a huge bridge to get the Illuminations barges out, right? I'm just thinking of giving it a lot of slack, hiding it under a folding piece of pavement, and then raise it latter.

OH MY GOD!! YOU TOTALLY REMINDED ME!! I saw this at Epcot and took some shots of it last Friday. The raised bridge is on the right. It didn't even occur to me that the bridge could be raised.

Attachments

• bridge1.jpg
    bridge1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 141

cherrynegra

I tried to run for the bridge, but I was stuck in Italy and I knew it would be down by the time I got there.

Attachments

• bridge2.jpg
    bridge2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 135

cherrynegra

hcwalker16 said:
About what time did you take the pictures?

Um, let me see...I think it was something between 5:00 and 6:00 p.m. Yes, I think that's when I did it because I remember leaving the park at 6:00 for dinner.

LSUxStitch

OHHHHH, that bridge.....that thing used to get us stuck almost every night while trying to clear the park...that was my job...to make sure all day guests were out of epcot...but that bridge...no fail would be up by the time we got to it....but the guy runnin it was cool so we didnt mind much..just hindered the movement of guests out of the park....and it depends daily when that bridge goes up due to firework crew not having prblms and what not, ive seen it raised around 6ish for the globe, and around noonish-1ish for the different barges...hope that helps :)

MKCP 1985

I was working MK when flying Tinkerbell first came to be. You would be impressed to know how much reinforcement steel had to be installed inside the castle to support that clothesline. Not feasible to raise and lower it daily.

Also, Tinkerbell has helpers to watch over her at the end of her flight, or at least she did when I knew something about it. She's not George of the Jungle out there, you know.

I don't know what I think of the proposal to make Tinkerbell more a part of the fireworks show. I like her starting it off and then letting the focus shift to the pyrotechnics and music that can be enjoyed in many areas of the park, and even the resort areas outside the park where Tinkerbell's flight cannot be seen. I guess I can keep an open mind to the possibility that it might be a very good thing.

meanmice

i think if you're not going to have a human tink then tink should fly around the castle and then start the fireworks kinda like she does on the wonderful world of disney. might as well go all out

Timekeeper

Pay It Upward

Tink currently gets a $100 bonus each night that she does the flight and "misses" her primary landing zone. Actually, it's not so much a "bonus" as it is stunt/hazard pay. I wonder if she (they) ever "go long" on purpose...?

Tk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom