New Ticket Security Measures Being Tested

Unplugged

Here's some easy options to starting phasing in to save us all time!

MyDisneyExperience app users should be able to take a selfie and link it to their ticket through the app. Once linked, it can only be changed by Guest Services. This solves a majority of issues, provides photos for everyone to CMs, and prevents guests from changing the image and robbing Disney of their precious over rated ticket prices. If I can depost checks to my bank using photos from my phone taken at home, I should be able to knock this issue out to streamline my vacation.

The same app, when used with iPhone 6 & 6Plus should allow users to pre-calculate their finger print signature and link that as well. Using the same process as at the gate, but performed on the iPhone before arriving, will again speed access and leverage technology in your pocket.

Another option would be to use register the iPhone the app is on with your MyDisneyExperience bands. If an issue ever arises, "tap to pay" without paying. This would simply match the ID of the device with the wristband being scanned.

Done and done. You're welcome for the simple solution Disney. Now just let us in so we can take advantage of these great new prices!

Chip318

This is great news... My dad has one hand and the other has no finger print from a fire work accident. He always gets held up at the park entrance because his finger won't scan. It can be embarrassing too.

COProgressFan

So similar to the APs that used to have your photo on them WAAAAAAYYYYYY back when?

I remember the photo for the Florida AP. Did the others have photos?

If I remember correctly, there might have been a short time in the mid 1990's when they were they were getting pictures for any multi-day passes. (As in, take your picture at guest relations and stick it on your pass). I'm guessing it was discontinued due to the obviously logistical mess it would create.

WDF

Here's some easy options to starting phasing in to save us all time!

MyDisneyExperience app users should be able to take a selfie and link it to their ticket through the app. Once linked, it can only be changed by Guest Services. This solves a majority of issues, provides photos for everyone to CMs, and prevents guests from changing the image and robbing Disney of their precious over rated ticket prices. If I can depost checks to my bank using photos from my phone taken at home, I should be able to knock this issue out to streamline my vacation.

Except that no one ever actually LOOKS like their selfies. ;)

TimothyG

I don't know why but I feel kind of creeped out by the idea of a corporation forcing you to take a picture to associate with your ticket. If you can opt out of it and still use the ticket, I think it'd be okay.

The Ticket Tag system doesn't bother me because you do have the option to completely opt out and just use your ID so they can match up the names. I don't get why that isn't good enough.

alphac2005

The APs used to have your picture on them when they were glossy hard tickets. Is it me or does it just seem like in so many ways all this technology is making so many things extra complicated? (And I love tech stuff.) It was pretty easy when you just gave the Cast Member as ticket and that was it.

When we had APs in the 90's and 00's, once the biometric hand scanner started, it failed time after time and made the process much slower than when we just handed someone the AP and they matched a picture to is.

mhead

If I remember correctly, there might have been a short time in the mid 1990's when they were they were getting pictures for any multi-day passes. (As in, take your picture at guest relations and stick it on your pass). I'm guessing it was discontinued due to the obviously logistical mess it would create.

All of the multi day tickets had them for a while in the early 90s - but they weren't stuck on, they were actually printed on the ticket in a little square located at the center of the ticket. It wasn't a great quality picture as it was essentially a black and white almost dot matrix type of image. I still have one as a matter of fact.

PhotoDave219

I really don't see where the amount of money they would lose on fraudulent tickets would be an amount greater than The costs of setting up cameras, software, etc.

I can't see you where the cost-benefit would be beneficial. Just show your drivers license. If the names match, you get to come in.

Monorail_Red_77

Oh good lord. What a pain.

Amazing that Apple can get fingerprint tech right and Disney can't. I fail the bio test nearly every time I visit. I can open my iPhone in one try. I don't get it.

Disney's biometric is different than Apple's. Like comparing Apples to Oranges. LOL. Disney's method involves mapping out the finger bone plus other stuff I believe, or so I have been told.

TomP

All of the multi day tickets had them for a while in the early 90s - but they weren't stuck on, they were actually printed on the ticket in a little square located at the center of the ticket. It wasn't a great quality picture as it was essentially a black and white almost dot matrix type of image. I still have one as a matter of fact.
I have a multi-day too (still has a day left on it o_O) with the b/w photo, but I'm thinking it was from the 80s. I'll have to dig it out; its tucked away with some disney dollars.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I don't know why but I feel kind of creeped out by the idea of a corporation forcing you to take a picture to associate with your ticket. If you can opt out of it and still use the ticket, I think it'd be okay.

The Ticket Tag system doesn't bother me because you do have the option to completely opt out and just use your ID so they can match up the names. I don't get why that isn't good enough.
Our local Six Flags has been adding a picture to their APs for over a decade already. No reason Disney couldn't do the same, and I certainly have no problem with it. Companies have been placing pictures on badges for decades as well. Why would you be creeped out? It just ensures that your AP cannot be used by someone else. What is wrong with that?

CDavid

I really don't see where the amount of money they would lose on fraudulent tickets would be an amount greater than The costs of setting up cameras, software, etc.

I can't see you where the cost-benefit would be beneficial. Just show your drivers license. If the names match, you get to come in.

So, a lot like reinventing the wheel to stop unauthorized drink refills at the resorts. Spend dollars to save pennies.

But $100 for admission is much greater than the few cents for a diet coke. The number of "unauthorized" ticket resellers in the area makes me wonder just how pervasive the problem might be.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yep, Disney can't capture a fingerprint by law. Length and width of the finger is recorded onto the ticket when it's initially used. Placement of your finger, if the full finger is used, pressure applied, extended fingernails, which finger, and which hand can all affect it.

I always get the "did you put on lotion/sunscreen" question when mine doesn't work. Then I wipe my index finger on my pants/shorts/shirt - still doesn't work. That's when they move me to a turnstile that does.

PhotoDave219

So, a lot like reinventing the wheel to stop unauthorized drink refills at the resorts. Spend dollars to save pennies.

But $100 for admission is much greater than the few cents for a diet coke. The number of "unauthorized" ticket resellers in the area makes me wonder just how pervasive the problem might be.

They're mostly scammers. People preying on others. Not sure how Disney can straight up stop ticket scammers/predators but we shall see.

roj2323

realistically, you are on camera from the point in which you exit your car to the time you get back to it at the end of the day. Them having a picture of you is not much different.

roj2323

Our local Six Flags has been adding a picture to their APs for over a decade already. No reason Disney couldn't do the same, and I certainly have no problem with it. Companies have been placing pictures on badges for decades as well. Why would you be creeped out? It just ensures that your AP cannot be used by someone else. What is wrong with that?
I remember doing this in 1998 as six flags. I didn't think much of it then nor do I now. It provided safety for both parties as the ticket / pass is useless to anyone but the purchaser.

G00fyDad

realistically, you are on camera from the point in which you exit your car to the time you get back to it at the end of the day. Them having a picture of you is not much different.

Try explaining that to the irrational who believe that it is a grave injustice and one of the truest violations of their privacy. Before you do you may want to get them some medication. It might make it easier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom