New Ticket Security Measures Being Tested

dreamfinder

I believe that this information is being collected has been discussed numerous times in various forums throughout the Internet. This is a Walt Disney World forum, so I fail to understand why this would be relevant here.

The poster asked about the potential repercussions of a breach that contains mostly information about your address and park habits. Putting it in context is very relevant.

Rasvar

I'll go with Occam's razor approach here. This is really just the way to stop band/ticket trading/selling. Having to verify someones ID all the time at the readers only slows things down. When crowded at the gate, I've seen them just wave people in. It doesn't take long for some people to spot that weakness in the protocol. I'm guessing the photo may only pop up if the biometric fails. CM can then look, verify and approve without having to have the guest scan a second time. I wouldn't even mind if they did it for room charge reasons as a backup to the PIN.

G00fyDad

I believe that this information is being collected has been discussed numerous times in various forums throughout the Internet. This is a Walt Disney World forum, so I fail to understand why this would be relevant here.

Read the thread and our previous posts and you'll understand. But thanks for trying to keep the topic focused even though it is already. ;)

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
To the DL picture process we were there last May. The first 2 times we entered on a 4 day pass we were at rope drop and they did not take our pictures or anyone elses that I saw they were getting people in as quickly as possible. Later when we park hopped the 2nd day they did take our picture as there were very short lines. DL was very efficient.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom