News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Video changes or just theater rehab? I love philharmagic but it would be great if it somehow had a scene randomizer and many more classic songs to listen to and sing along to. I really hope they arent getting rid of it altogether though. That attraction is a MUST do for me and my family. To me if you love Disney, you have to love Philharmagic
I'd imagine a content update.

Cmdr_Crimson

Especially with how much Disney Animation Studios has improved with their CGI since then.

*Looks at Chicken Little*

Actually I'd go more around Twice Upon a Christmas when it was intially introduced also in 2004...
1531622_1450805448554_full.jpg

Sundown

By making this theater in the proposed area, does this take away from the intended Main Street experience? Will people still have to walk down Main St. USA as their entryway into the Magic Kingdom? Or will people now funnel to the area where this new theater is, and be able to walk up to perhaps enter the park from the pathway behind current Main St. or maybe even via the small side street/culdesac?

Just wondering what thoughts were on this.

ToTBellHop

By making this theater in the proposed area, does this take away from the intended Main Street experience? Will people still have to walk down Main St. USA as their entryway into the Magic Kingdom? Or will people now funnel to the area where this new theater is, and be able to walk up to perhaps enter the park from the pathway behind current Main St. or maybe even via the small side street/culdesac?

Main Street will still be the main entry.

DisneyFan18

I'd imagine a content update.
I would love to see some scenes from Coco, Moana, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Frozen, Mulan, Hercules, and Frozen. However I guess that out of those the only ones that seem likely are Tangled, and the Princess and the Frog. And Frozen seems to be a must nowadays. (Moana and Coco would bring beautiful scenes, I really wish those were more likely :( )

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It has been suggested that the little dead end side street off the middle of main street may become the entrance path to the theater.

Magenta Panther

Nice to read that Philharmagic may have a content update coming...I just hope whatever new stuff is inserted into it won't mess up the show's pacing, which is excellent. I suppose Frozen will be one of the new scenes :p. I'd love to see Pinocchio in there; perhaps a clip featuring "I Have No Strings" or "An Actor's Life For Me". Love those songs. NO Pixar scenes, thanks; wouldn't fit at all. Perhaps a scene featuring Maleficent turning into her dragon form, that would be cool. And I'd love to see the attraction's housing get an update; it's pretty spare and unimaginative. But I suppose we can't hope for that much.

ChrisM

OPTN reports that the backstage parking lot between Main Street USA and Tomorrowland will close starting October 28 for a filming event.

Filming an updated ending to Blade Runner from what I've been told:

"All this parking will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

Fox&Hound

Would looooooooove Philharmagic to get an update! Tangled, Frozen, and Princess and the Frog seem like no brainers. Would love to Moana added too- could you imagine???? Maybe Hercules too....

DisneyDodo

I love Philharmagic, but I think randomized scenes from a whole collection of films would make for a major upgrade. Disney has so many unbelievable songs, this would be a great way to pack them in. This would also allow for a lot of movies that aren’t featured in fanatasyland (or anywhere in WDW) to be showcased. I also think it would be nice to have Disney films from a wider array of time periods - 4 of the 5 movies in Philharmagic are from the beginning of the Disney Rennaisance, which is by far my favorite period in Walt Disney Animation Studios’ history, but I’d still like to see some older/newer films featured

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom