News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

NeedMoreMickey

By making this theater in the proposed area, does this take away from the intended Main Street experience? Will people still have to walk down Main St. USA as their entryway into the Magic Kingdom? Or will people now funnel to the area where this new theater is, and be able to walk up to perhaps enter the park from the pathway behind current Main St. or maybe even via the small side street/culdesac?

Just wondering what thoughts were on this.
I think Main Street will still be the way to enter MK. How else are we supposed to spend our money if we don't shop on Main Street?

JBIRDTO

Neither, I just feel that this is the sort of thing that should be airing on ABC. A lot of people are going to be confused in the theater when this short doesn't end after 3 minutes.
Ya I can see that. Maybe call it a medium :) I do like the theatrical release as opposed to network TV. I cringe at some of the direct to TV sequels. Hopefully most will view it as a bonus. I am really looking forward to Coco.

YodaMan

I think they put it in front of Coco to guarantee that it would be a success financially.

^this. It's a new 20-minute Frozen short with the original cast. It's being marketed as a separate new Frozen short. I think I've seen more ads for it than Coco at this point. It's clearly meant as a marketing tool to get people to spend money on Coco that probably wouldn't have otherwise.

Cesar R M

That may be the reason I don't see Coco at the theater. I'm not sitting through a 20 minute "short".
Coco is worth it, trust me. (we got the movie 1 month earlier in my country)

Neither, I just feel that this is the sort of thing that should be airing on ABC. A lot of people are going to be confused in the theater when this short doesn't end after 3 minutes.
lol, everyone was like that in the theatre... some mentioned.. "Did they.. gave us Frozen 2 instead of COCO??"

Cesar R M

do they run 30 minutes of movie previews, then the 20 minute "short"? That's nearly an hour of not seeing a movie you paid for
In my case. they shortened the ADS. Ads usually last 20 minutes :/
They shortened it to 2 ads, and one of them for a national cinema festival.

I think it's 20 minutes because it was supposed to be a TV special. I can't imagine sitting through lengthy commercials and trailers and then a 20 minute "short" ... lol

Agree, Thankfully they shortened the ads in our theatre chain.

But yeah, my popcorn and drinks were flat by the time COCO started.

Brian Swan

could this lead to philharmagic leaving?.. maybe an updated nicer version then use that space for something else? Personally I love philharmagic.. wish I could have seen the original mickey mouse revue though
This is the Tokyo version, but if my memory serves me back from 1975, it's identical to the WDW version (but for some reason, I have no memory of the film montage at the beginning)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom