News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

Sped2424

I hope the by pass gets some more embellishments that make it feel much more permanent with the new theater being located inside it. Any word/hints on the show going inside?

ohioguy

I would assume they're going to cut out the Main Street bypass and use Center Street as an entry point (and maybe another entry point next to Tony's Town Square). Is the TRON ride in TL going directly behind? It's time to utilize that parking lot for attractions.

GlacierGlacier

I would assume they're going to cut out the Main Street bypass and use Center Street as an entry point (and maybe another entry point next to Tony's Town Square). Is the TRON ride in TL going directly behind? It's time to utilize that parking lot for attractions.
The tron ride is going north of space mountain, where all the trees are right now. But this theater, I think, will take up most if not all of the room in that lot.

TrojanUSC

That backstage parking lot is used a lot for backstage support, with the addition of this theater it drastically cuts the amount of off-stage area they'll have for staging and parking (which is actually somewhat crucial during filming and other big events).

Brian Swan

Perhaps they need the space just to queue 1,500 people?
The queue area for the Hyperion Theater in DCA has quite a large footprint. I would hope, especially in FL with the heat and rain, they would be building a covered queue area net to or behind the actual theater building - unless they have a very large lobby/queuing area in the main theater building.

Bolt

The queue area for the Hyperion Theater in DCA has quite a large footprint. I would hope, especially in FL with the heat and rain, they would be building a covered queue area net to or behind the actual theater building - unless they have a very large lobby/queuing area in the main theater building.
I hate DCA's queue, too. It's too wide and brings the worst out of everyone as people just push to the front.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
OPTN reports that the backstage parking lot between Main Street USA and Tomorrowland will close starting October 28 for a filming event. Once that filming event ends they will begin construction.
Source - http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/10/work-on-new-theater-to-begin-in.html

The current aerial image of that area on Google Maps is bound to cause confusion since it shows construction that was related to the bypass, but people will mistake it for theater construction.

ppete1975

could this lead to philharmagic leaving?.. maybe an updated nicer version then use that space for something else? Personally I love philharmagic.. wish I could have seen the original mickey mouse revue though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom