News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Interesting, well if something has to get cut from the announcements, this is one I can live with. While I know capacity could have been helped here, I would rather not have an ride get cut, whether I like the ride or not (as in, I am not a fan of theater shows personally, just not my thing)

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I guess the big question is canceled or moved? I mean, I could see moving the theater (the placement always seemed odd and wasn't one of the original plans for a theater to be built back in Frontier Land) but if it's completely canceled... that would be odd... especially as Disney had made follow up blog posts about this even after D23...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Interesting, well if something has to get cut from the announcements, this is one I can live with. While I know capacity could have been helped here, I would rather not have an ride get cut, whether I like the ride or not (as in, I am not a fan of theater shows personally, just not my thing)

This one is interesting because construction was about to be underway. it seems we usually see things get cancelled well before.

brb1006

I have many friends that work in the park and some that are frequently in that area. One told me they watched them start taking down fencing to find it later almost all gone. Construction fences usually don’t go up and right back down without the project being finished.
They should at least wait until more concept art could be revealed before deciding to make a decision this early.

crxbrett

Like a few others have mentioned already, I really think this might have been an unforeseen issue with the ground/water table in that area or those dreaded sinkholes perhaps? Just seems odd they were starting construction and then suddenly stopped it.

The only thing I am wondering is don't they usually do complex engineering studies/surveys and gather data for the land and water table before they would even announce such a project or start construction? So maybe it wasn't an issue with the land in that spot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom