News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

KBLovedDisney

4d8.gif

HauntedMansionFLA

Currently the advantage for Pluto is less walking for some CM's that use it. ( so they tell me) And as far as capacity goes that lot probably holds but a few hundred cars. And in the same breath that can mean a lot if Westclock is getting full during shift changes. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
if this is true than this must be the largest cancelled project at WDW in decades, and really makes me worried a lot of things in the EPCOT spine redo/concept art will get cut.
EPCOT could be on the front burner.

lazyboy97o

I know a theater facility like this was and is probably needed in some form, but at the same time I was never a fan of it being crammed into that location, don't know why, it just never sat right with me and felt forced. But this is interesting for sure.
I agree that the exact placement was not very good. Too much of the recent trend to objects in space versus space making objects. The plan makes it look like a theater plopped into a parking lot versus one along another street in a rather urban town.

That said, such an abrupt cancellation is definitely odd. My wild speculation would be some sort of issue discovered with the site that wasn’t worth dealing with. The capacity is definitely needed.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I agree that the exact placement was not very good. Too much of the recent trend to objects in space versus space making objects. The plan makes it look like a theater plopped into a parking lot versus one along another street in a rather urban town.

That said, such an abrupt cancellation is definitely odd. My wild speculation would be some sort of issue discovered with the site that wasn’t worth dealing with. The capacity is definitely needed.

I hear sinkholes work well as an excuse with TDO.

jrhwdw

I don't believe this!!!!!!!!!!! Is Disney not thinking in 2018?!?!?! Time for heads to roll and things to change! MK shouldn't be able to live on HEA alone! Time for a night parade! Is MSEP still living backstage at DL? TDL will have parades free in March and April.

Other things that they should do is more OUAT, give MRFF its full pyro package and schedule back.

Im sick of the games MK has been playing since October 2016! HEA not included because it's still fantastic!

So did MK run out of money for the theatre? HOPEFULLY no one took the money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom