New Survey Asks about Fastpass+ Changes

note2001

Sounds like Disney is just coming to the realization that just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do something.

Aside from some obvious bugs which are being worked out, the software and design are not bad. It's the rules of application that are the issue and need work. This survey is good news as someone out in Disney corporate is trying to learn from us how it needs to change.

Last edited:

LucyK

What I want to know is, regarding of when would I book that FP+, if I would be able to pick an attraction I already used one of my 3 FP+ on would I be able to book it again? I know availability plays a huge role here but if used a FP+ for BTMRR earlier in the day and there was FP+ left for that ride, could I book it again?

backinaction

The tiers bug me more than the restriction of 3. Let me FP Soarin, TT, and Maelstrom in a single day and I would be fine with 3.

But being able to make additional reservations after you have used your 3? That sounds good. Everyone will take all the early slots in the day first and the kiosks would be crazy later in the day though.
exactly. when we went last month, that was our main complaint. You were allowed 1 major ride at epcot, and then you were forced to get two worthless fastpass after that. so really, your only allowed 1 fastpass. we went from never having to wait in a major attraction line, to only being able to get 1 real fastpass at epcot. we went to guest relations to complain about the new system an we saw many other people there doing the same. Seems like Disney is finally starting to listen to its customers when it comes to fastpass.

I received this survey yesterday. There were 3 options that the survey talked about.
Option A discussed giving you another FastPass+ each time you use one.
Option B discussed giving you a revolving FastPass+ selection once you've used all 3 of your original FastPass+ selections.
Option C discussed giving you a 4th revolving FastPass+ selection only after 2 PM.
All the options gave some assumptions, like being able to reserve a FastPass selection in more than one park and being able to reserve prior to visiting.

I took this survey as well. The only difference was Option C (which was A in my case) was after 1pm. They also gave hypothetical availability in answering these questions. On the day of there was no availability to obtain FP for Soarin, Toy Story, and a few others. They also listed some that would have availability later in the day.

note2001

Unfortunately, that is how I see the world moving forward, in my opinion. And I truly was only giving my opinion from my family's own point of view. I don't always speak for everyone when I give a viewpoint.

Do I think this will be troublesome for other families/people? Absolutely. Big sweeping changes are always difficult because there are always people left out. But don't include all grandparents in your declaration above. I know some that text, have Facebook pages, etc.

But, I truly believe that technology will continue to become more a part of everything that we do. And I believe that that the majority of people in the future, young AND old, will be savvy enough to use it.

It's fact that technology will become more and more a part of our lives, but it needs to do so in a more subtle manner. FP+ and the whole Magical experience bit is a great idea which is still evolving and Disney is still in play-and tweak mode with it. At the moment it is just too focused on restraining and keeping the guests in a head-down mode.

A smart society will embrace technology while balancing it with the physical world around us.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I'd like to see them drop advanced bookings to 2, 1 or 0 and go with Option A (this assumes that legacy rules aren't an option for some stupid reason).

flyerjab

So you think everyone owns a smartphone or as tech savvy as your family....what about those grandparents that didn't grow up in this era? Not to mention as one poster that they don't own a smartphone? It works great for your family....how nice.

Unfortunately, that is how I see the world moving forward, in my opinion. And I truly was only giving my opinion from my family's own point of view. I don't always speak for everyone when I give a viewpoint.

Do I think this will be troublesome for other families/people? Absolutely. Big sweeping changes are always difficult because there are always people left out. But don't include all grandparents in your declaration above. I know some that text, have Facebook pages, etc.

But, I truly believe that technology will continue to become more a part of everything that we do. And I believe that that the majority of people in the future, young AND old, will be savvy enough to use it. Each generation becomes more technically literate. To me, your argument is similar to those that at one time expressed issues with radios, TVs, cars and home computers.

I took the survey and was in the parks during President's Week.

Our experience is the parks using the MB was fairly good. However the MM+ program/app was terrible. It crashed, unavailable, Veeerry sloooooww, buggy, didn't sync and left phantom FP Reservations. Really bad show. It should not have been rolled out at that point.

The system work well because only Disney Resort Guests were using it. There was always plenty of availability the night before to switch things around. The day of it was harder. If they are giving this to all guests with a ticket then it will be difficult to get a FP for those popular rides, forget about switching days you are at a park.

The survey options. I would choose the option to get a 4th after 1pm. That way if I had chosen the FP for the afternoon/evening in a park we could add the 4th FP at 1pm instead of waiting until we had used the first or last of the FP. We typically set our FP times to be early afternoon. We went on standby rides in the morning then when things got busier we used our FP.

FerretAfros

Aside from some obvious bugs which are being worked out, the software and design are not bad. It's the rules of application that are the issue and need work. This survey is good news as someone out in Disney corporate is trying to learn from us how it needs to change.
I agree that they seem to be learning from the system, which is good, but these are all issues that we thought of as soon as it was announced. It's a little disappointing that it's taken this long for them to even really publically consider these options

I understand that they probably wanted to test the system with real guests to get real feedback before bumping it up a notch, but several of these features (park hopping, selecting fewer than 3 FPs at a time) should have been there from the very beginning

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Unrelated to this, is it safe to assume that the reason they're not selling Magic Band Charms that are watch faces because the readers wouldn't be able to read the bands through the watch faces?

jencor

I am a bit confused, wouldn't adding more fast passes after using your allotted three just mean I could keep booking fast passes and if everyone did this wouldn't stand by lines just be an extremely long wait?

note2001

I agree that they seem to be learning from the system, which is good, but these are all issues that we thought of as soon as it was announced. It's a little disappointing that it's taken this long for them to even really publically consider these options

I understand that they probably wanted to test the system with real guests to get real feedback before bumping it up a notch, but several of these features (park hopping, selecting fewer than 3 FPs at a time) should have been there from the very beginning

Agreed, and I'm sure everyone from the software developers up through industrial engineers and marketing saw this right off. Management, however, are the folks to make the guest-facing decisions and it doesn't matter what company you're in, management is slow to change, always holding meetings, asking for proof and then holding more meetings before making changes.

NoChesterHester

Unrelated to this, is it safe to assume that the reason they're not selling Magic Band Charms that are watch faces because the readers wouldn't be able to read the bands through the watch faces?

They could turn up the range. Talking Mickey picks up on what FP+ reservations you have later in the day without a noticeable scan point.

omurice

CMs are supposed to write your schedule down for you.
Assuming this was some alt improv comedy? YES AND...
Failing this, an engraver will engrave the times for you on a piece of jewelry. If you do not have jewelry some can provided at magical prices!

I say this because, the CMs are on average NOT writing down the FP times for people. They're telling day guests at the kiosks to snap a pic with their phone. People are texting themselves the FP times. People without phones I don't know what they're doing, maybe writing it themselves in their princess autograph book?

PS - Hope I get this survey, but usually I get the ones that read like this
How magical was your stay at (insert resort here)?
A. Very Magical
B. Epically Magical
C. Fantastic!
D. Not just fantastic, but Epically FANTASMIC!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom