New Suites and the Meal Plan

brisem

Just for an FYI, If you stay in the new Suites, you can't go on the Free meal plan upgrade in August and September.

JPVonDrake

This is correct. Currently the All Star Music Family Suites, like all of the Deluxe and Moderate Resort Suites are not included in any discount promotional offer, due to their limited number.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
Yarg, I've got a call in to my travel agent to book this very thing for me tomorrow. I guess I'll call and give her the bad news before she wastes her time trying to book the suites. Pop Century with free dining, here I come!:sohappy:

Tink

Upvote 0

brisem

Original Poster
Tinkershelly said:
Yarg, I've got a call in to my travel agent to book this very thing for me tomorrow. I guess I'll call and give her the bad news before she wastes her time trying to book the suites. Pop Century with free dining, here I come!:sohappy:

Tink

That's what I did--Pop Century

Upvote 0

tobedard

Do you know if the free dining plan is available when booking a standard room in one of the Moderates? We're looking to go to POR at the end of September. With two small kids the dining plan is a HUGE benefit.

Upvote 0

brisem

Original Poster
tobedard said:
Do you know if the free dining plan is available when booking a standard room in one of the Moderates? We're looking to go to POR at the end of September. With two small kids the dining plan is a HUGE benefit.
I believe so

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

tobedard said:

The free dinning offer, like nearly all promotional offers, is available at all 22 Disney Resorts. This offer can be booked from 3-10 nights, in any of our Resorts, and with any length MYW Ticket. In our marketing, we simply offer a "lead-in" price, showing the least expensive option.

Upvote 0

brisem

Original Poster
JPVonDrake said:
The free dinning offer, like nearly all promotional offers, is available at all 22 Disney Resorts. This offer can be booked from 3-10 nights, in any of our Resorts, and with any length MYW Ticket. In our marketing, we simply offer a "lead-in" price, showing the least expensive option.

When I made my reservation, I was told there's a limited amount of available for each Hotel

Upvote 0
It's official, I booked 2 rooms for 4 people for 10 days at POP! The suites would have been more convenient for us but what the heck, free dining with 2 hotel rooms tops a suite with pay-as-you-go meals. :)

The only problem is can I keep from exploding with excitement until September?

Tink

Upvote 0

Lucretia

Hi, I am new here. In fact, this is my first post. I have been to WDW 4 times and once on the Disney cruise. I just booked a trip last week to stay at Port Orleans Riverside in June. We got the dining plan, but it was not free. What are you guys talking about? Is this a new promotion? We did not book a suite. This is my first time staying at a moderate resort. Previously, I have stayed at the Polynesian (2x), Contemporary, and Old Key West. Please let me know about that dining thing, my husband would be eternally grateful if I could cheapen up the trip even more this time! I am also nervous about going in June. The last times I've gone have been in Feb, Oct, and Aug. I went in Aug. when I was a kid and therefore do not remember crowds or weather at all! I can't wait to go!! My husband thinks I am nuts. Thanks to anybody who responds!
Lucretia

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Lucretia said:
Hi, I am new here. In fact, this is my first post. I have been to WDW 4 times and once on the Disney cruise. I just booked a trip last week to stay at Port Orleans Riverside in June. We got the dining plan, but it was not free. What are you guys talking about? Is this a new promotion? We did not book a suite. This is my first time staying at a moderate resort. Previously, I have stayed at the Polynesian (2x), Contemporary, and Old Key West. Please let me know about that dining thing, my husband would be eternally grateful if I could cheapen up the trip even more this time! I am also nervous about going in June. The last times I've gone have been in Feb, Oct, and Aug. I went in Aug. when I was a kid and therefore do not remember crowds or weather at all! I can't wait to go!! My husband thinks I am nuts. Thanks to anybody who responds!
Lucretia

What is being talked about is Disney's August/September Magic Your Way Plus FREE Dinning offer. This offer is for travel dates August 13 - September 30th, base on availability. Essentially, you purchase a Magic Your Way Vacation Package (room and tickets) and get the Dinning Plan for free. The number of rooms available with this offer is very limited and you must book your vacation before June 4th. When you call 1-407-W-DISNEY simply ask for the "Free Dining" offer, or you can ask for offer code "YWS" or "YWX".

Since you are traveling in June you would not be able to take advantage of this offer unless you are willing to change your travel dates to sometime during the above offer period. Depending on your current travel dates and package components, change fees may apply. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me, I always glad to help!

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

brisem said:
When I made my reservation, I was told there's a limited amount of available for each Hotel

Correct. And once they sell out for a particular date, resort, and room category, they are gone. Remember, even when a Guest cancels a discounted room or package, that room will not return to the "pool" of discounted rooms for another Guest to book. Once sold out, the only way more rooms would come available to any discount offer is if during the offer period, Resort Management feels we still have too many unbooked rooms and increases the number discounted.

Before anyone asks, no there is no way to predict if OR when this would happen. Only that discounted rooms could only be added at the start of a business day, IE 7 AM Eastern time.

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
I have a related question on the dining plan.

Suppose I have 2 adults and 2 children under age 9 in my party. We're staying for 5 nights. That gives us a total of 20 table service meals.

Can my wife and I use the 20 table service meals to dine at a Disney Signature restaurant every night (2 adults x 2 ts meals per adult x 5 nights = 20) and pay for the kids' meals using cash? Or does the Disney Dining Plan master computer system somehow know that we've got 10 adult and 10 kid t.s. meals on the plan? That is, is there a distinction between kid and adult table service meals on the plan?

If I look on the Disney website, they mention the pooling of meals (they say specifically 20 meals). But when I've called Disney Dining to ask the exact same question, every single person has told me that there's a difference between adult and kid meals. So is the Disney website being purposefully vague on this, or are the Disney Dining folks a little behind the curve?

Thanks!

Len

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there Len, How are you?? Our friend JPVon Drake has answered this on a number of posts. The answer is yes all meals are indeed pooled and can be used by an Adult instead of a child. If this happens enough though I am sure this wil be changed to be age specific. Belle

Upvote 0

Lucretia

JPVonDrake said:
What is being talked about is Disney's August/September Magic Your Way Plus FREE Dinning offer. This offer is for travel dates August 13 - September 30th, base on availability. Essentially, you purchase a Magic Your Way Vacation Package (room and tickets) and get the Dinning Plan for free. The number of rooms available with this offer is very limited and you must book your vacation before June 4th. When you call 1-407-W-DISNEY simply ask for the "Free Dining" offer, or you can ask for offer code "YWS" or "YWX".

Since you are traveling in June you would not be able to take advantage of this offer unless you are willing to change your travel dates to sometime during the above offer period. Depending on your current travel dates and package components, change fees may apply. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me, I always glad to help!

Thanks, JPVonDrake!
The reason it took me so long to respond to your info is simple- I learned that info later that same day thru an email from my travel agent! Thank you very much though!

Upvote 0

missmia55

Okay....so let me know if I've lost my prego mind here...hahah

When trying to book online via WDW directly it did indeed allow me to choose the Poly resort/Concierge Lagoon View with the "free meal deal"....We're still figuring out dates (expecting baby #3 July 12th) so I saved the package to my account.....

Now after reading the above, does that mean I won't be able to get this? (of course I understand limited rooms...but if I have a printed receipt with the free meals, everything should be okay, right? hahah

Forgive me if I didn't catch the obvious hahahah....hey it's late and my pregnant mind has played tricks on me before...lol

Thanks so much in advance!
B.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Concierge isn't a suite, rather just a room (sometimes a nicer one than the rest of them) with froo-froo people to meet your froofy needs ;)

So, with concierge you should be able to book the dining if it is available.

I noted your preggy situation - You have to book, meaning with $200 deposit by June 2nd or 3rd something like that - soon ;)

But, full payment is due 45 days prior to your trip. For mine in Mid-august it's not due until around July4th. So, if you went in September is reasonable that your final payment (and last chance to cancel) could be in mid to late July.

Upvote 0

Anthony95

i got the free dining deal at AKL originally booked with a savannah view room and was given an upgrade to a deluxe savannah room view with bunk beds.

my mom had the standard room at POFQ given an upgrade to deluxe king

my sister has the deal using a standard room at POFQ

these were all booked through AAA

excluding the POFQ mentioned above, i assume that the room i have still isn't considered a suite?

including my room (deluxe savannah with bunks) and mom's room (deluxe king) are there differences with what is considered a suite and what are considered deluxe between disney resorts and non disney resorts?

i have a clue and an idea, but, was wondering if there is in fact a clear methodology and/or terminologies that are different between disney resorts and non disney hotels/resorts

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

A suite simply means you have a separate living area (or parlor) from the bedroom. Essentially, two separate "rooms" in your accommodation. Most Disney Suites also come with serveral upgraded and luxury amenities not found in standard rooms and many include Concierge Services. Due to their limited number and luxury features, Suites are rarely if ever included in any discount marketing offer.

A Deluxe room is simply a larger room then the standard rooms. For example Deluxe Savannah Rooms are 381 sq ft, and Standard Savannah Rooms are 344 sq ft. All other amenities are exactly the same.

Concierge Club Level will use standard or deluxe sized rooms, but gives you added amenities such as nightly turndown service, Personalized attention, and access to the Concierge Lounge for unique food and beverage offerings.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

The one thing I was really bummed about was that the meal plan was not available if you use AP rates. You cannot even pay for the meal plan if you want to. Now if I reserve a room with DVC in a DVC resort with my points I can buy the plan for the same price as everyone else. :brick: I guess I just do not understand the logic behind this.:confused:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom