New Studio Catering Company Menu

happykid25

Nice...except for the kids menu...again with the chicken nuggets and pbj??? When will they understand kids have taste buds too?

I'm so with you on this. Part of the reason we eat Table Service so much, at least there the kids get more than 2 choices. (Though I am tired of seeing the same 3 activity sheets/advertisements and so is my son).
I'm also tired of the generic deserts. Not sure what exactly should be there, but the pre-packaged cheesecake doesn't sound too exciting.

Kids are pickier then an Epcot fanboy. If its not just right, it wont do.

Some kids yes, other kids no. My 4 year old son's favorite meal at home is Salmon with a soy/dill/clove sauce, broccoli & rice. Not chicken nuggets or PBJ. Yes he likes them and will usually happily eat them, but everyday? Some kids do like variety. And I know some kids don't - which seem's to be who Disney caters to in the food department.

kimmychad

A Chicken Caesar Wrap price increase from $6.69 to $8.49!?!? Really Disney? Really?!? :fork:

disney doesn't want you buying that wrap outright, and if you do you'll pay dearly. they would like you to buy one of the dining plans, same as they don't really want you coming for one day, and if you do it'll cost you alot.

Dwarful

A Chicken Caesar Wrap price increase from $6.69 to $8.49!?!? Really Disney? Really?!? :fork:

Helps justify the 'value' of the dining plans. But it really hurts those who don't want to use the dp's. Really it makes the qs plan at least a break even by bumping up these meal prices.

We have in the past always done the TS meal plan and even the kids selection at some sit downs aren't very good. On more than one occassion I was spliting meals with my 8 yr old because the kids food wasn't good at all. I must admit I am not a mom who will fix lots of different meals for dinner. So my girls had to learn to eat what was served...or eat a bowl of cereal. Maybe thats why my girls like real food, they won't eat school lunches very often.

Disneyfan1981

My wife was excited to read that they'll have more of a healthy option but I wonder why do they throw the baby out with the bathwater with these changes? They couldn't add sandwiches on top of a burger?

TTATraveler

Yeah, it is outrageous and an attempt to make the dining plan seem like a bargain:fork:. In all honesty, the last time I had the wrap, it wasn't that great. I eat less and less in the parks now. There is no incentive for locals to want to eat there. The prices are high and the quality has been lacking.:mad:

Pongo

I'm pleased to see the addition of the grilled vegetable sandwich. Always nice to get something for us non-carnivores besides the standard veggie burger!:D

Yeah, but for that much money?! Jesus, vegetables are NOT that expensive. Nor is grilling them and throwing them on a bun. I could do that at home for a buck.

NewfieFan

I'm so with you on this. Part of the reason we eat Table Service so much, at least there the kids get more than 2 choices. (Though I am tired of seeing the same 3 activity sheets/advertisements and so is my son).
I'm also tired of the generic deserts. Not sure what exactly should be there, but the pre-packaged cheesecake doesn't sound too exciting.

Some kids yes, other kids no. My 4 year old son's favorite meal at home is Salmon with a soy/dill/clove sauce, broccoli & rice. Not chicken nuggets or PBJ. Yes he likes them and will usually happily eat them, but everyday? Some kids do like variety. And I know some kids don't - which seem's to be who Disney caters to in the food department.

I agree as well. I have fairly adventurous eaters when it comes to kids. They got tired of the same stuff on our last trip. And when one of your kids has a peanut allergy... well, that shortens the list of options even more! I don't know why they couldn't offer a couple of the same things from the menu on the children's menu as well (but smaller portions of course).

I'd also like to see some more selection in the sides. There's only so much apple sauce, carrot sticks, and grapes one child can eat in the run of week. While I appreciate that Disney is trying to offer healthy alternatives to children (instead of the standard fries) I wish they'd change it up a little between the different CS places throughout the resort! They could offer yogurt, small green salad, celery and carrot sticks, apple slices, etc.

Disney is encouraging families to "stay and play" longer at their resort. They are going to have to offer some more variety in terms of food!

bork

I know my son would love to get kid-sized portions of the adult meals. He loved the drumstick. He also loved the grilled chicken or grilled fish at the table services places. That seems to have largely disappeared.

It's getting pretty hard to find allergy friendly foods on the standard counter service menus. New healthy buns have milk in them, so that eliminates burgers and hot dogs. Most other places are chicken nuggets (eggs or milk), pbj (peanuts), or mac and cheese (milk). So we've got to go out of our way to ask for special buns, or special chicken tenders.

Kid's menus were bad enough 2 years ago when we went. And they keep getting worse.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
disney doesn't want you buying that wrap outright, and if you do you'll pay dearly. they would like you to buy one of the dining plans, same as they don't really want you coming for one day, and if you do it'll cost you alot.

There ya go.

Dwarful

Its funny that they are getting healthier options for adults and sticking kids with the same junk. For a kid who doesn't eat hot dogs your in some serious trouble....better love nuggets and pbj.

wolf359

I don't understand all the hate for the kids menu. If the kiddo has grown up tastes, by all means let him order off the regular menu to satisfy his sophisticated palette.

The whole point of the kids menu is so picky eaters can have some reliable and consistent options no matter where the rest of the family wants to eat.

As for the menu itself, I think these changes to the Studio Catering menu are pretty interesting, and I'm also glad to see something other than the usual burgers.

jvenegas

Good thing they kept the Greek Salad!! My DW loves it and she would have been miserable in our Dec. 2010 trip had they taken this away from the menu.
Thanks for the update!!:wave:

Dwarful

I don't understand all the hate for the kids menu. If the kiddo has grown up tastes, by all means let him order off the regular menu to satisfy his sophisticated palette.

The whole point of the kids menu is so picky eaters can have some reliable and consistent options no matter where the rest of the family wants to eat.

As for the menu itself, I think these changes to the Studio Catering menu are pretty interesting, and I'm also glad to see something other than the usual burgers.

I guess my biggest complaint is that the only way the kids can eat anything other than nuggets, burgers and hot dogs is to buy a full size adult entree...which my girls couldn't eat. The only exception we have seen to this is at Le Cellier they offer a child size steak. (So if they can - and do- offer a child size steak or chicken at one they could do it elsewhere). That is the only sit down we have been to where you order off a menu (not buffet) where the kids had a real entree option. Other wise its chicken strips, crappy spaghetti or mac n cheese. They still treat it like a QS dining experience. Even at our local sit down restaurants the kids have several options, so if you have a child that has grown up with real food as an option they have something to pick from.

For us we have 'solved' this problem by sharing our adult entrees w/ our girls.

Testtrack321

I thought "back in the day" each place offered two typical kids items then one specialty one. Was I wrong, has this changed, I'm lost? :shrug:

MarkTwain

Kids are pickier then an Epcot fanboy. If its not just right, it wont do.

Without contributing anything to the discussion, I'd like to say that this is my new favorite quote from my time here so far. :lol:

It's funny because it's true... I am quite picky about what should be in Epcot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom