Rumor New Stroller/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 2019

Rich T

And don't you dare try to stop my Aunt Bertha from bringing her "Emotional Support" animal, Boogie!

TP2000

As if on cue, the Me Generation of parents are angry about this and have started a petition and are complaining to the media. Of course they all claim their snowflakes have "Special Needs" and need a "quiet place" to glide around Disneyland in and only a big wagon can provide that accommodation for them. You aren't allowed to question them or else you are a meanie, and hateful, and bigoted, and also racist. :rolleyes:

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/04/...with-autism-special-needs-and-medical-issues/

TP2000

so what did people do a year or two ago? How long have these keenz been around that all of a sudden people can't live without them?

Exactly. But you are obviously hateful and racist for asking that.

I just checked Amazon, and these Keenz wagons are $400 each. 400 bucks!

Meanwhile, highly rated and cute umbrella strollers with sunshades are going for 22 bucks on Amazon.

Old Mouseketeer

Exactly. But you are obviously hateful and racist for asking that.

I just checked Amazon, and these Keenz wagons are $400 each. 400 bucks!

Meanwhile, highly rated and cute umbrella strollers with sunshades are going for 22 bucks on Amazon.

Not meaning to interfere with a gourmet thread of snark, but I think there is a potential solution. The idea that wagons are necessary for children with cognitive or sensory disabilties has not yet found its way into "the literature" (that means professional studies published in peer-related periodicals). And even if you have mainstream research about the need for quiet space for children and/or adults with these challenges, that does not guarantee that a mobile tented room is required. It will be interesting to see what the Disney Mom's panel had to say about this.

Note: I have cognitive disabilities, including high-functioning Aspergers. I have had to close doors at work where coworkers were playing loud music or being vocally boisterous. I'm familiar with sensory overload. I also know quiet corners in the Disney parks where I can relax and recharge. Opera House, anyone? Grizzly Trail. Hollywoodland. Launch Bay. Animation Lobby. The Texas Deck of the Mark Twain at the stern listening to the Whoosh...Whoosh of the smoke stacks (Heaven!).

Darkbeer1

I can tell you right now that Disney Legal has written the scripts to be given to guest relations.

Note, the "stroller wagon" can't even get past security. And the Guest Relation CM's are ready to offer alternatives to any accommodation requests made by guests.

The obvious one, I want to bring in my "stroller wagon". Well, sorry, but for the safety of everyone, we cannot allow it, but let me ask you what specific types of accommodation can we provide... And offer quiet locations, the GAC return times, even an offer of the new Double Stroller.

But it looks like the rule will be strictly enforced. Disney knows that if someone gets a pass to bring it in, the magic words to get one will be shared through social media....

Just like how Disney had a Standing Electrical Wheelchair made for Segway users (4 wheels with a speed limiter). I truly feel for the few that truly had a need that the Stroller Wagon helped, and I presume someone is now trying to design a stroller that matches the maximum limit, and offers some of the features a stroller wagon offered, but looks somewhat like a traditional stroller.

Darkbeer1

Found this, and it sounds good...

>Visiting Disney with someone with special needs? We have spoken to Disney for clarification on the “special tag” policy that has been rumored in some groups. If your stroller is oversized and for a special needs user you can check in with Guest Services to receive a special tag allowing it. Stroller wagons will not be special tagged. <<

So a true stroller for special needs gets a pass. Stroller Wagons are NOT eligible for any reason. Sounds like Disney is willing to make special accommodations within reason, just certain things are not allowed for any reason, like Segways, and now Stroller Wagons.

Old Mouseketeer

Found this, and it sounds good...

So a true stroller for special needs gets a pass. Stroller Wagons are NOT eligible for any reason. Sounds like Disney is willing to make special accommodations within reason, just certain things are not allowed for any reason, like Segways, and now Stroller Wagons.

The "stroller as wheelchair" red tape strip has been in use for years. Interesting note: A plaid I knew once told me that a stroller can be considered an assistive device for an adult who uses it as a mobility aid by pushing it around (like a walker). I also heard that they caught someone using a homemade version of the red tape strip--they printed it on their computer, but the icons were noticeably different.

Ismael Flores

Darkbeer1

A petition has been made to convince Disney to unban them citing that the keenz wagons fall within Disneys new Stroller size limit among other "reasons"

https://www.change.org/p/don-t-ban-keenz-stroller-wagon-from-disney-parks

They can petition as much as they want to. They will remain banned, even for special needs reasons.

If they don't like the policy, Six Flags, Seaworld, Cedar Fair and other places are currently options.

But Disney has studied the issue, and made their decision after a long internal debate. Whatever business Disney loses will be replaced by other guests, who will be happier guests due to the removal of the wagons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom