Rumor New Stroller/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 2019

Rich T

DL should install a size-check frame at the security point like Airlines do for carry-on luggage. "IF YOUR GIGANTIC MONSTROSITY OF A STROLLER DOES NOT FIT IN THIS SPACE WHEN FULLY UNFOLDED, YOU CAN NOT BRING IT INTO THE PARKS." Illustrate it with a cartoon of Goofy being denied entry with a camper-sized buggy full of food coolers.

rebelk73

I think that even those keenz "strollers" should be banned. I have been hit by them because in a crowd parents using them can't see around them properly to see whose ankles they are ramming. And let's be real, the are wagons.

SSG

From the park rules page

Darkbeer1

>Due to the nature of legal matters and the contradicting information we received earlier this week, we have been doing our diligence to our customers by following up directly with The Walt Disney Company to confirm if the Keenz 7S Stroller will be affected by the new rules. After exhausting all avenues, we have confirmed that it is indeed true that the Keenz 7S Stroller will not be allowed in Walt Disney World parks.<<

George Lucas on a Bench

I've been hit by strollers before and I can never tell if it's because these people are just terrible drivers, if it was just an accident or if they're just deliberately aiming the thing at me like a suicide pilot. I mean, it can't possibly be an accident if you're in a slow herd of migrating people and they keep bumping into you over and over again, right?

Darkbeer1

I've been hit by strollers before and I can never tell if it's because these people are just terrible drivers, if it was just an accident or if they're just deliberately aiming the thing at me like a suicide pilot. I mean, it can't possibly be an accident if you're in a slow herd of migrating people and they keep bumping into you over and over again, right?

One day, I was sitting on a bench at the Hub near Walt's Statue talking to someone. Sitting normally by the way. Out of nowhere, a woman drove over my foot with the stroller, which surprised me, and looked over to see what happened, and got a dirty look by the woman... !

My feet didn't move, nor were they stuck out away from the bench, just the normal position.....

George Lucas on a Bench

When anyone or anything makes contact with me from behind in the theme parks that isn't the seat of a ride car, I usually turn and give the offenders the look, similar to the scene in Spider-Man 2 where he's about to stop the train.

Ismael Flores

i especially like the last sentence about Disney parks being a place that is to be enjoyed by families and how those wagons are special.

I wonder how people enjoyed the disney parks before those wagons?
and how about those of us that have families that don’t see the need to carry children in wagons.
instead we teach them that walking is good exercise and when we get tired we sit and rest a bit.
we also want to enjoy the park without being hit constantly by those wagons

Ismael Flores

It will be hilarious when universal and Sea world start banning wagons too.

not only will it help crowding but will help security levels since the wagon is a perfect place to carry lots of stuff they shouldn't into parks
they also will get the stroller rental revenue instead of a third party supplier

Darkbeer1

not only will it help crowding but will help security levels since the wagon is a perfect place to carry lots of stuff they shouldn't into parks

This is an area I have to tread lightly.

But yes, Security was a main consideration in the decision.

And you can guess as to multiple reasons why let alone Park Security thinks that way, but also DHS and others. Same with the Toy Story Security check, and even the loose ice ban.

A lot of what was announced today was done for multiple reasons.

George Lucas on a Bench

It will be hilarious when universal and Sea world start banning wagons too.

they also will get the stroller rental revenue instead of a third party supplier

The theme parks actually supplied massive clunky awkward obnoxious baby strollers before guests began bringing in their own. Sea World had these giant plastic dolphin carriages and I'm positive all these lucky people enjoying the Ghostbusters show at Universal Studios in the early 90s didn't bring these Jurassic Park Jeep carriages in from the outside world.

"Hey, you've got the same carriage! Spared no expense!"

Rich T

Both the new stroller limits and the smoking ban made the local news headlines last night here in Northern CA. The news crew seemed quite pleased as they reported it. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom