News New Stroller Size/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi84

Premium Member
Wellll... Father of four here :). However, they are all now in their late '20s-'30s....

There IS a way to satisfy the problem. But a lot of folks would not like it....

"No OUTSIDE strollers". ie, no problem with a stroller, as long as you rent one from WDW....
(waits for mob with torches...).....

Bear with me a moment... while less than perfect? This would allow WDW to regulate strollers as STROLLERS - not food trucks :). Standard sizes, capacities, dimensions.

For once? They could do this at cost - with an eye to optimizing "parking" and traffic flow. And no more "someone stole my stroller".

I don't know if this is a good/rotten/somewhere in the middle idea. When my children were young? We took one umbrella stroller (for the youngest). For us? It was far more "will our youngest child even REMEMBER this trip?". So, we waited - not because of a stroller consideration.... for an experience situation :).
Food trucks 🤣

Kman101

Wellll... Father of four here :). However, they are all now in their late '20s-'30s....

"No OUTSIDE strollers". ie, no problem with a stroller, as long as you rent one from WDW....

Bear with me a moment... while less than perfect? This would allow WDW to regulate strollers as STROLLERS - not food trucks :). Standard sizes, capacities, dimensions.

For once? They could do this at cost - with an eye to optimizing "parking" and traffic flow. And no more "someone stole my stroller".

I don't know if this is a good/rotten/somewhere in the middle idea. When my children were young? We took one umbrella stroller (for the youngest). For us? It was far more "will our youngest child even REMEMBER this trip?". So, we waited - not because of a stroller consideration.... for an experience situation :).

Honestly, I think that's how it should be. Bring your own stroller? You can trade it for a WDW approved one for the day (instead of being "forced" to rent one - don't bring one? you can certainly rent one ... lol). Just a thought. I know most would hate this idea and like you said, they're preparing the torches LOL

ImperfectPixie

Honestly, I think that's how it should be. Bring your own stroller? You can trade it for a WDW approved one for the day (instead of being "forced" to rent one - don't bring one? you can certainly rent one ... lol). Just a thought. I know most would hate this idea and like you said, they're preparing the torches LOL
It's actually not a bad idea and would also eliminate the hassle of trying to get a stroller onto the trams/buses/etc. (unless they brought their own).

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

This is an even BETTER idea.... :).

Chi84

Premium Member
I agree with this idea too. We always rented strollers at the parks when our kids were too young to walk - too much hassle dragging them on a plane, to and from the parks, etc. They were pretty reasonable. The rental strollers wouldn't fit 8 or 9 year old kids, though.

ImperfectPixie

I agree with this idea too. We always rented strollers at the parks when our kids were too young to walk - too much hassle dragging them on a plane, to and from the parks, etc. They were pretty reasonable. The rental strollers wouldn't fit 8 or 9 year old kids, though.
There is literally no reason (outside of disability) for an 8- or 9-year-old child to be riding in a stroller. Even with autism and his horrible habit of latching onto something to complain about and not letting it go for months, my then 7-year-old handled walking the parks perfectly well with no complaints.

Chi84

Premium Member
There is literally no reason (outside of disability) for an 8- or 9-year-old child to be riding in a stroller. Even with autism and his horrible habit of latching onto something to complain about and not letting it go for months, my then 7-year-old handled walking the parks perfectly well with no complaints.
I have a feeling you're going to be hearing some reasons fairly soon.

docdebbi

So does that mean this cottage industry will be going away?

Ricky Spanish

As I read earlier, WDW Guests bring more into Epcot for a few hours than explorers brought on the Oregon Trail.

Mobile Crib!!!! :p (I'm stealing that ya know.)

I had two kids of the 80's and 90's they both survived with only the blue and chrome rented Disney Stroller of yesteryear. A small footprint. Pray you are right! I remember the selfie stick didn't appear on the do and don't of WDW rules until the ban date neared. I look forward to May 1st hoping it happens.

My Beef with the Keenz Wagons are if you get clipped by a reasonable stroller it hurts. If you get clipped by a Keenz Wagon with the Canape The impact is midbody and calf/leg area, so you are not tripped you are impacted pushing your whole body in a forward motion where you either regain balance or do a face plant into the concrete. Very different being hit by these 'mobile cribs.'
image.jpeg

Canopy, canapé, can o' peas.

Last edited:

Mainahman

Oh the possibilities! They do allow in food, so you could bring your own toppings bar to pecos bills! Finally get that guac!!

draybook

It doesn't seem logical to turn our strollers in for the day to use Disney's when their heaps of plastic eyesores are way bigger than either one of our strollers.

tonymu

Premium Member
I think one of the issues with the Winnebago shaped wagons is that they are hard to see around. When you are pushing a regular stroller they taper down towards the front. Even if it has a sun shade they usually don't go all the way out to the front edge of the stroller. These wagons have roofs and sides that go all the way to the front corners so it harder to see the front from where you are pushing.

sndral

So Disney (via this company) has confirmed that these are A-OK in the parks. Interesting.
Naw, the letter was by a person in the business of renting those wagons, who spoke to someone who allegedly works for Disney - but who refused to be ID’ed, and the business person’s version of the conversation was that his wagons were still ok.
So does that mean this cottage industry will be going away?

View attachment 359451
How long until people start hooking up emotional support mini horses to that carriage er, um, stroller?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
These "restrictions" aren't restrictions at all. The size of strollers being "restricted" is laughable. Every stroller Kingdom Stroller rents falls far below these guidelines and I imagine that's across the board. And if they are allowing the Keenz wagons in, then what exactly is being kept out?

#fakenews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom