News New Stroller Size/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleJesus

As someone that rocks a single or double stroller on each trip to Disney, so in other words, someone that gets needing a stroller; even I have seen those wagons people pulled around DW, and thought "Why the hell do you even need something that big for a theme park?!" I'm serious, w/ a Bob stroller you've got more room than you need in the basket under the seats - and that's with two kids. Having a food cart-sized stroller just seems way over the top. I guess Disney agrees. Good for them.

Honestly, there have been times when I thought the Bobs were too big, but that's what Kingdom Strollers usually has in-stock and so that's generally what we go with. The girls love them.

Andrew M

Toddlers walk slowly. They meander. They dawdle. They look at things. Even if they're holding their parents' hand, they're probably going to impede traffic. I don't know how "out of control" strollers are in WDW, but it seems like reasonable stroller use would actually help traffic flow. And keep toddlers safer. (ETA: This was not made in response to Disney's rule, but to the suggestion here that strollers or children who use strollers be banned.)

This. Our two year old has a lovely habit of playing 'lets run in a random direction' when she's not strapped down. She could take off in the blink of an eye into a sea of people, especially when we're distracted by her older siblings.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Oh, I forgot. Families with babies and toddlers should be confined to their homes because babies and toddlers can't appreciate the outside.

The parents must stay home for 6 years as their punishment for bringing miniature humans into this world. Especially when they might inconvenience others for 15 seconds as they walk by at a family theme park centered around a mouse and fairy tale characters!

ImperfectPixie

This. Our two year old has a lovely habit of playing 'lets run in a random direction' when she's not strapped down. She could take off in the blink of an eye into a sea of people, especially when were distracted by her older siblings.
We had that same problem not too long ago when our youngest was 2 1/2 and at Disney. Complicating matters is an autism diagnosis. The next trip (when he was 4 1/2), he had a melt-down because we wouldn't let him walk freely like his older brother. We let him have his melt-down and stood firm - either hold hands, ride in the stroller, or wear your harness (I brought one just in case, even though I swore I would never use one). After about 10 minutes of kicking and screaming just outside of HS, he finally chose to hold hands. He's been good as gold in the parks ever since.

Goofyernmost

The parents must stay home for 6 years as their punishment for bringing miniature humans into this world. Especially when they might inconvenience others for 15 seconds as they walk by at a family theme park centered around a mouse and fairy tale characters!
I didn't not go until they were at least 6 years old because it inconvenienced others I did it because it inconvenienced me. When they could walk and go to the restroom on their own and speak to me about what problem they were having, then we could all go and have a happy family experience. If people want to push a wheeled vehicle around 10 miles a day, park it, secure whatever things you are carting along with them, folding them up for buses, trams and even their cars they are perfectly welcome to do that, it is not my business and I don't care. Also, because I am aware of where I am at all times in 36 years I have never been hit by a stroller or even the deadly awful scooters.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
  • Strollers have gotten larger
  • More people are using scooters which go faster than walking pace and take up more space than a walking person or wheelchair
  • More people are crowding the walking areas thanks to fastpass
It's not just a stroller issue, but this will help.

It’s a general size issue. Not just strollers. Strollers are just easiest to legislate.

Agardini51

We took our kids to magic kingdom last year when they were 3 and 2. We have one of those side by side double umbrella strollers. Worked out great for us. I wore a backpack with kid supplies in it and my wife was wearing her backpack purse. We had enough room to carry all things that we needed and the 2 year old was not potty trained yet. Even now with them being nearly 5 and 3, I'd still take the stroller as they get tired and need to sit down to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom