News New Stroller Size/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This is the gold standard of what many would consider a large stroller. It is the Bob Revolution, and fairly common in the parks. It measures 46" long by 25" wide.

SteamboatJoe

Original Poster
Nor I but it would reasonably accommodate one of those double strollers with one kind in the back and the other in the front.

Most definitely. The single one I just bought is only 29" x 24" and it looks much bigger than an old fashion umbrella stroller.

WDWFREAK53

Just ban strollers as well. The stroller parks are an eyesore that take up so much of the (limited) walking paths.

It would make for a much better guest experience overall. Yes, parents, you can hold off until you toddlers can walk. My family waited and it was a great trip.

I'm thinking that you don't have kids.
Even if a toddler can walk, you can't expect a toddler to walk around Disney World. Think about how fast a toddler walks...and now imagine the entire family walking at that pace so the toddler can keep up.

eliza61nyc

I'm thinking that you don't have kids.
Even if a toddler can walk, you can't expect a toddler to walk around Disney World. Think about how fast a toddler walks...and now imagine the entire family walking at that pace so the toddler can keep up.
lol but you know what tickles me, when I see a stroller and the kid is out of the stroller and the stroller is filled with various crap.

shortstop

This is the gold standard of what many would consider a large stroller. It is the Bob Revolution, and fairly common in the parks. It measures 46" long by 25" wide.

View attachment 359125
So what that tells me is this new restriction is almost exclusively targeting the wagons, if this large stroller is comfortably under the size limit. It's a step in the right direction, I guess.

aliceismad

Toddlers walk slowly. They meander. They dawdle. They look at things. Even if they're holding their parents' hand, they're probably going to impede traffic. I don't know how "out of control" strollers are in WDW, but it seems like reasonable stroller use would actually help traffic flow. And keep toddlers safer. (ETA: This was not made in response to Disney's rule, but to the suggestion here that strollers or children who use strollers be banned.)

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Toddlers walk slowly. They meander. They dawdle. They look at things. Even if they're holding their parents' hand, they're probably going to impede traffic. I don't know how "out of control" strollers are in WDW, but it seems like reasonable stroller use would actually help traffic flow. And keep toddler safer.

Its also about them on transportation ... like buses

aliceismad

Its also about them on transportation ... like buses
Sure, but strollers are supposed to be folded before you get on the buses. Don't get me wrong; I think it's great that Disney has a rule against any pull wagons, and I think it's great that they're imposing a size limit. Personally I don't see why you'd need that much stuff, and they seem like a safety hazard. Disney's rules seem reasonable and done for the greater good.

I would not think Disney would ever outright ban strollers, and I don't think it would necessarily be a good idea for them to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom