News New Stroller Size/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Especially given their comparison to being the size of an M1 Abrams tank, according to reports.
OK. I've exaggerated a bit.

A Bradley fighting vehicle is a better comparison.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I’m at WDW now. A reminder popped up on the MDE app yesterday. Going to MK tonight so should be interesting.
I'd expect them to let it slide for a few weeks. It's not worth the headache of tantrums from people who already had stroller rentals placed coming into this week.

Chi84

Premium Member
Doing so would only make it worse.
I agree. They may offer a free rental for a week or so, but they won’t let the wagons into the parks. I’ll pay some attention (not much lol) to what happens at MK tonight. I’m betting there will be announcements on the trams.

unmitigated disaster

I'm hoping people behave themselves for the CMs that are working today.
It's a nice sentiment, but wishful thinking in my view. Especially when it comes to very angry mommies who already have chips on their shoulders. Here I am thinking of the angry mommy who screamed to her toddler how MEAN the bus driver for making her fold her stroller up for the bus ride. The entire bus just stared. As she stomped past me she was blaming us, too.

I wonder if they're going to station cast members at bus stops to prevent the monstrosities from being taken onto the buses.

disneyflush

Some of the stroller necessity for kids was due to the elimination of many benches over the years. Its nice to have a comfortable place to sit and relax for a few minutes that isn't a small, dirty curb. Our upcoming trip this month will be our first without bringing a stroller and I am very excited.

Incomudro

It's a nice sentiment, but wishful thinking in my view. Especially when it comes to very angry mommies who already have chips on their shoulders. Here I am thinking of the angry mommy who screamed to her toddler how MEAN the bus driver for making her fold her stroller up for the bus ride. The entire bus just stared. As she stomped past me she was blaming us, too.

I wonder if they're going to station cast members at bus stops to prevent the monstrosities from being taken onto the buses.

And this all could be avoided if parents waited 'till there kids are beyond stroller age before their Disney trip.

ImperfectPixie

Yeah, I'm trying to be optimistic, but I know it's going to be a poop-show.
And this all could be avoided if parents waited 'till there kids are beyond stroller age before their Disney trip.
Oh shush with this...I wouldn't trade the memories we made when our youngest was 2 1/2 for anything. It can be done without an obnoxiously large wagon/stroller...you just have to plan accordingly and pay very close attention to your little one's needs (and put them before your own) and be flexible.

Chi84

Premium Member
Yeah, I'm trying to be optimistic, but I know it's going to be a poop-show.

Oh shush with this...I wouldn't trade the memories we made when our youngest was 2 1/2 for anything. It can be done without an obnoxiously large wagon/stroller...you just have to plan accordingly and pay very close attention to your little one's needs (and put them before your own) and be flexible.
This is so true. We took our kids when they were very young and a good time was had by all! I’m not sure what “beyond stroller age” is anymore given what I saw in the parks the last two days.

jaklgreen

Well a lot of these people are putting kids that are past stroller age into strollers anyway. That is adding to the congestion. Healthy kids do not need a stroller past the age of 5. Most kids can go all day and then beg to go swimming when they get back to the resort. If a child is too tired to walk by the end of the day, then something went wrong. Either they did not rest enough, or were not fed healthy foods to give their bodies the energy it takes to make it through the day. Millions of children over the years have had no issues with walking in the parks. If your child can not make it, look at how your family is touring. As far as wagons go, I don't like how kids sit in them. Their legs are not in a seated position which can get uncomfortable after a while. With regular strollers, kids can sit and lay back when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom