New Star Wars Fireworks Show - 'Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular'

JohnD

Don't you think those hours will change?!?!?!?!?
AK is still at 5PM in July with ROL coming in April!!!

Hours will stay "5pm" under ROL starts. Then, with Daylight Savings Time, it won't be completely dark until 8:30pm, so I would guess a 9pm close by then.

Prince-1

Absolutely to cover the cuts. I think there was another poster who mentioned that they basically have a whole list of project announcements that they hold until they are necessary, which makes complete sense. Why release information if you don't have to? The goal is to release information like this to shift the focus off of the negative online chatter.

Massive cuts to our operation? Hey......Look! Over there! Star Wars!

Yet it seems to work for many in fanboi circles. It's like distracting a toddler with candy.

What kind of candy?

YodaMan

Yep all makes sense now.

First though is that it looks lob-sided. But even so, great to see a new show, and something that will be very welcome. Cant wait to see it.

With all the laser and roof effects, I understand why they want the fireworks to the side so they don't detract from all the cool new stuff. But if they ever do a different fireworks show without the projections and lasers, it will seem weird to have the fireworks going off to the side. But then again, Star Wars seems like it will be around forever so I guess they never need a new show.

jrhwdw

I think an October trip instead of May is looking more likely (new SW fireworks, new Soarin', Rivers of Light, Nighttime Safari, Frozen Ride, F&W Festival, MNSSHP).
Don't forget Friendship Farie!

SO GLAD Disney did this today!!!! The icing on this day would be getting a date for ROL and seeing AK's 5PM closures magically going away!
Any of our insiders know of any down time coming for Symphony??
Are we confident that F! is also playing this summer at DHS?

JohnD

Don't forget Friendship Farie!

SO GLAD Disney did this today!!!! The icing on this day would be getting a date for ROL and seeing AK's 5PM closures magically going away!
Any of our insiders know of any down time coming for Symphony??
Are we confident that F! is also playing this summer at DHS?

Is that the A&E M&G? Not my thing. I'm sure it will be huge with families with girls. Happy for them.

I see. You mean the new Castle show: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ire-coming-this-summer-to-magic-kingdom-park/

Why not? Wouldn't be a must do for me but something different for sure.

mikeh

Yep all makes sense now.

First though is that it looks lob-sided. But even so, great to see a new show, and something that will be very welcome. Cant wait to see it.

I wonder what the timing of the completion of the new launch site will be in relation to the new fireworks show?

Mike S

Absolutely to cover the cuts. I think there was another poster who mentioned that they basically have a whole list of project announcements that they hold until they are necessary, which makes complete sense. Why release information if you don't have to? The goal is to release information like this to shift the focus off of the negative online chatter.

Massive cuts to our operation? Hey......Look! Over there! Star Wars!

Yet it seems to work for many in fanboi circles. It's like distracting a toddler with candy.
"Pay no attention to the cuts behind the curtain." Best part of this is that it starts before my AP expires. I could definitely swing by on my way to Kong ;)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
So there is a new stage show as part of this announcement which starts on April 4...did we catch that or is that old news? New to me.

And Captain Phasma at launch bay...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
With all the laser and roof effects, I understand why they want the fireworks to the side so they don't detract from all the cool new stuff. But if they ever do a different fireworks show without the projections and lasers, it will seem weird to have the fireworks going off to the side. But then again, Star Wars seems like it will be around forever so I guess they never need a new show.
I don't think they wanted it off to the side, I think conditions on the ground have dictated it. Even with foreground lasers and lighting, it makes no sense to have a launch off to one side - unless there is no other choice. Which I think is the case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom