New SSE Narrator

Ted_Kord

I'm adding absolutely nothing new to this except to agree with how outstanding a choice I think Dennis Haysbert would be. I think his voice has the gravity necessary for the ride and he has the acting ability and range to carry off the part.

That said I had no problem with the current Jeremy Irons narration the one time I rode SSE last June. It was inoffensive, but not particularly memorable.

Also, as a Phillies fan I'm down with the Harry Kalas idea, especially now that he just doesn't care anymore. With the way he calls players by the wrong name and screws up the score or number of outs it would be great to hear him describe the Renaissance as the Stone Age, and the invention of the Guttenberg printing press as a new type of laundry detergent.

ToTBellHop

"You are with Sigourney Weaver on the Spaceship Earth. Something has gone wrong. One by one, the animatronics have vanished, and somewhere in the ship a terrifying creature awaits its next victim. Warning! Remain in your vehicle. The area you are entering is extremely dangerous! Proceed with caution!"

Yellow Shoes

Sorry, but it cannot be Sean Connery.

Regardless of what he's saying, what I'm hearing is the SNL Jeopardy parody:

"Alex, I'd like
An Album Cover
for $200"

if they change the ride that much that they need a new narrator they better just get the old guy to re-record it. Disney loves destroying there classic rides:
journey into imagination is a perfect example.
adding johnny depp to pirates
the tiki room with zazu and iago

the new voice on the monorail isnt as good as the old one either.

k.hunter30

"You are with Sigourney Weaver on the Spaceship Earth. Something has gone wrong. One by one, the animatronics have vanished, and somewhere in the ship a terrifying creature awaits its next victim. Warning! Remain in your vehicle. The area you are entering is extremely dangerous! Proceed with caution!"
:lol:
I didn't even think of that!

CJR

if they change the ride that much that they need a new narrator they better just get the old guy to re-record it. Disney loves destroying there classic rides:
journey into imagination is a perfect example.
adding johnny depp to pirates
the tiki room with zazu and iago

the new voice on the monorail isnt as good as the old one either.

A lot of people like those changes. Change isn't always bad. Most people think PotC is better now than it used to be. I also remember a poll being done about the tiki room and most people like the new version better. So don't be fooled into thinking that everyone hates those changes. It's just that those who complain about them make themselves heard more. However, I have to agree with you on JII. Although, the current version isn't bad.

At least Disney isn't wanting to slap a character into SSE. If they did we would see on the sign "Spaceship Earth: Hosted by Jiminy Cricket". Now that would be destroying a classic ride.

DigitalDisney

- Samuel L Jackson
- Lewis Black
- Dave Attell
- Issac Hayes
- Gilbert Gottfried
- Andrew Dice Clay

And yes, I'm serious. Spaceship Earth would be a riot if any of these guys did the narraration. Well, everybody except Gilbert Gottfried. SSE would also be a lot less family friendly too. :)

MonoRon

I say keep Jeremy Irons but if there were to be another narrator some good ones would be:
Mike Rowe(Ditry Jobs, Also is the narrator for American Chopper and Deadiest Catch)
Bill Nye The Science Guy
Clive Owen

cab5f

What about Wenthworth Miller From Prison Break? I Like Patrick Stewart and Tom Hanks. That Guy From The Car Insurance Commercials Would Be Cool Too. My List:
-Wenthworth Miller
-Tom Hanks
-Guy From Car Insurance Commercial
-Barbra Walters
-Patrick Stewart
-Gary Sinese

KeithVH

OK. Some have mentioned needing that refined British accent - another one I can't have - Benny Hill.

Or maybe Captain Jack Sparrow - that'd be a hoot.

Although if Edna Mode did it, I'd probably want to ride it every day, over and over. She is SO hot . . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom