New SSE Narrator

Dr Albert Falls

Original Poster
Ladies and gentlemen: place your bets!

Who do you think the new Spaceship Earth narrator should be...and why?

My pick is Walter Cronkite, and not just because he was one of the original narrators of SSE.

Assuming SSE will still have the same theme, I think Cronkite is as important of a figure in communication history as Alexander Graham Bell.

Not only did he bridge the gap from newspaper to radio to television (and later the internet), his place in history as "America's most trusted man" during the turbulent 60's and 70's cannot be overestimated. His enthusiasm covering the space program certainly fits the optomistic spirit of Epcot.

(In case you didn't notice, that's Cronkite introducing Katie Couric on the CBS Evening News credits)

More importantly (and I hate to say this), he is still alive. Soon this legend will be gone. What a perfect opportunity to capture history.

Plus, Cronkite appears to still have ties with Disney. Besides narrating the holiday version of "Illuminations" he also lent his voice to the grand opening of Mission Space.

SirNim

Nope.

and Nope.

I would only trust one guy with the new narration:

Pardo.jpg

tink rules

ANYBODY!!!

Please... just fix the speakers in the cars so I can actually HEAR them!!!

But if I've got to vote...

I like Walter...

brkgnews

In no particular order...

Walter Cronkite
James Earl Jones
Morgan Freeman
Kelsey Grammer
Don LaFontaine
Rex Allen, Jr (Sr was the father in Carousel of Progress)
(EDIT: Patrick Stewart would be good too -- good idea).

Captain Hank

People that I don't want to narrate:

• William Shatner ("In this...our...SPACEship...Earth...Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn!!!")
  • Larry the Cable Guy ("And here we have the Renerasanse. Gee that's purty!")
  • Arnold Schwartzinneger ("Stay seated, your wehicle is rotating bahckwards for its return to Eaurth")

And, a few that I couldn't come up with jokes for, but are still fun to speculate:
  • Donald Trump
  • Ben Stein
  • The Voice of the Monorail
  • Eric Idle

raven

I'd bet James Earl Jones. But it would be cool to hear Patrick Stewart, Tom Hanks or maybe even Stitch....:lol:

DisneyChik17

In no particular order...

Walter Cronkite
James Earl Jones
Morgan Freeman
Kelsey Grammer
Don LaFontaine
Rex Allen, Jr (Sr was the father in Carousel of Progress)
(EDIT: Patrick Stewart would be good too -- good idea).

Those three are my favorite. I think any of them would be a great choice. They are are all clear and consise speakers with rather soothing voices. I am really excited about the changes SSE will undergo.

ToTBellHop

I like Patrick Stewart. When you pick what you want your future to be at the finale, he could come on the screen, point at you, and say "Engage."

dizneycrazy09

How 'bout Gary Sinese(sp?) He's already a large part of EPCOT not only because of his appearence in M:S, but he also narrates at the Candlelight Prosessional. I just think his voice would sound good in SE.

the-reason14

The Walter guy everyone was mentioning earlier. If he was the original voice or whatever, then what a great tribute it would be to have him back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom