New Spaceship Earth RUMOR

disneyfamily

Sergeant Tibbs said:
Man that would be freakin sweet.
icon10.gif
I suppose there could be a yeti at the end too. lol. I really hope you were joking

Of course I was joking, an 80° drop would be absurd. It would have to be like 60° to be feasible. :animwink:

RSoxNo1

It's really annoying when people can't pick up on obvious sarcasm (the drop in living seas was what I'm referring to here).

Anyways, some thoughts on SSE improvement. Handicapped vehicles that do not require a step up for a wheel chair so that those guests in wheel chairs can get on and off the ride quicker and more effeciently. I think anyone that was ridden Spaceship earth has experienced these delays and they are avoided on other attractions (See Pirates, IASW). I recognize the difficulty in having a line of completely linked vehicles, but the ride itself is less than 14 minutes, so two handicapped equipped vehicles could conceivably do the trick.

There was another thread started literally a few days before this one with similiar debate on SSE's future.

It can be found here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=54065

Any chance we can lock one of these threads?

CaliSurfer182

I think Jeremy Irons' narration is adds so much to the ride, he has such a powerful and thought-provoking voice.

If they are doing a big rehab I hope that it would just be on the vehicles/track, and maybe update the ending a little, but don't change the content of any of the other scenes, please!

SpenceMan01

I have to disagree with the Jeremy Irons fans. I really miss the Walter Cronkite narration. I am trying to follow Disney's thought process for when they decided to use the voice of a Disney Villian (Scar) for SSE. Why not a more contemporary news anchor's voice (eg: Tom Brokaw or someone).

If they do replace the omnimover cars, I hope they get higher seat backs. It sucks for tall people on the descent when you have a hard-plastic edge digging into the back of your head.

Also: whatever happened to that Nextel sponsorship? *bleep bleep*

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I wouldn`t be surprised if Irons` contract held him over for another project... plus the 3rd version of SSE would have needed recording roughly when he was voicing Scar.

Anyhow, didn`t his psuedo American Accent in SSE distance him from The Lion King?? :lol:

disneyfamily

I prefer the Jeremy Irons version. It sounds more distinguished. Maybe because so much of the ride takes place somewhere other than America they wanted a more European flair.

KevinPage

Hopefuly the rehab will include removing those video screens on yuor upwards descent.

Put them outside right when you enter to warn people or somewhere else.

AdLibSean

In addition to the Jeremy Irons narration...how about the music. THAT needs to stay. It's absolutely beautiful. Is this the same music they used w/ the Cronkite version of the attraction?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
AdLibSean said:
In addition to the Jeremy Irons narration...how about the music. THAT needs to stay. It's absolutely beautiful. Is this the same music they used w/ the Cronkite version of the attraction?

Nope, all the music in todays (Irons) SSE was composed for this version of the attraction. The Cronkite 1996 - 1994 version featured `Tomorrows Child` that seems very popular around here (and rightly so) - the vocal version (not the CD version BTW) on the descent, and a gorgeous instrumental version in 180top (planetarium). I`m getting goosebumps just thinking about it! Wave to the satellite!

Apart from that most of the rest of the Croinkite versions `music` was a hold over from the orignal 1982 Perrin version, which had no music or theme tune; its audio highlight was a lot of `jingles` from a synthersizer. So high tech!

disneyplanet

Ok I know I am going to be bashed for this and get lots of Naysayer.

But ever think one of the major reason for the up-date might be a new sponsor. Because ATT has sold off most of its assets. So you might see <O:p</O:p
Cingular = was ATTW
SBC = acquiring ATT trunk and long distance<O:p</O:p
Comcast cable = ATT broadband<O:p</O:p

Any one of these would want to brand the attraction with their own post ride and in ride identity.
Who knows they could even go and let verizion put a bid in. then we would see a James Earl Jones narration.

Some might remember just before Mission Space opened there was allot out there with Compaq, before HP bought Compaq.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom