New Spaceship Earth RUMOR

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
If Microsoft sponsers it $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ The AA's will be more advanced than stitch and SIR and the seats will have cushioned leather massagers! LOL
They will coat the outside with gold or platinum BLING BLING

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
disneyfamily said:
Then the motion is passed, notify the board.
dont you wish it was that easy....................... wow, that would be scary :p

fix the piping......... sorry dude, that was me, i just could hold it....... lol

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Weee~!

wouldn't it be cool if they could have a 3d hologram person sync up with the narration and have it shown right in front of you??? He would look at the scenes as you past by and gaze in wonderment (is that a word?) at the space scene!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
disneyfamily said:
I agree also, but look how long it took them to upgrade IASW. Like 30 friggin years. If that holds true look for SE to rehab in about 7 years. :animwink:

Correct me if I am wrong (actually dont) wasnt IASW rehab done rather quickly given all they did......just my opine.

DarkMeasures

If the rehab is done, my wildest dreams (vote for Pedro) are that the entrance building for Spaceship Earth be rebuilt larger and better looking so that there can be maybe an addition scene or a better made post show.

I really do want the track replaced with new omnimover cars. I mean, it has aged so badly with so many of the other Disney omnimovers being older and yet smoother. I bet Journey into Inner Space would still be smoother than Spaceship Earth's.

An AA upgrade would be nice too but I first want to see the ending updating. Videophones are only catching on now and they are nothing like what Spaceship Earth has. And besides that, there is no notice of the greatest communication accomplishment of the past millenium, the Internet.

Magicot

Austin1 said:
man this rumor "is as old as time it's self, yet still being written" (haha)
The latest rumor sugests that in October of this year SSE will be closing for a major rehab of the AAs and sets, hopefully the ride vehicles also. The new SSE will be sponsered by Microsoft and will have a new post show. The rehab sould be complete just in time for epcots 25th celebration!!! Hope it happens :sohappy:

Where is your source for this pleasing info/rumor? SSE really needs a sponser- I'd be very happy if this came true!

CoasterJunkie

IF the animatronics are replaced, they most likely won't be on the Stitch level considering the price of ONE Stitch is approx. $4 million (by comparison, Timekeeper was approx. $1 million). As for the omnimovers, they're a maintaince nightmare also and central shops would be MORE than happy to see them replaced, but again to replace such a large fleet would be very pricey.

I think the ending is still relevent, i could see them replacing parts of it as the current ending still has AT&T featured predominetly in it (last time I rode it anyways, back in November). But for new sponser, last I heard Nextel is picking it up, but I haven't seen anything happen yet. Does anyone know more?

RedBaron

disneyfamily said:
They should rehab all the rides at EPCOT, I would love to see a 60ft 80° drop at the end of Living with the Land
I assume you are joking about Living with the Land?? :wave: Anyhow, I hope they dont dammage the integrity of this attraction if they do indeed update it. I have always loved the uphill climb on this ride, but always felt that they did not quite hit the nail on the head on the downhill (even after the first update). Maybe they can improve that part of the attraction. I have not been to WDW in years, but remember that the cars/track needed some attention since it was a bumpy ride and assume that it has only got worse over the years.

KumbaRider

If SSE has it's rumored "rehab/closing" in October, I truly hope they are refurbishing it to restore it to what it was meant represent back in 1982: the story of communication from ancient times to tomorrow. They seriously need to upgrade the ending, by making the transition less dramatic by distracting guests with better theming, while new AAs and technical effects would be excellent as well. New trains should be installed, with not only better sound quality but more importantly better comfort! I could see Microsoft sponsoring a revised SSE with better everything, including a new post show. If they could revamp the load/unload area to accomodate one final scene before unloading, that would be great as well. We'll have to wait and see though, I just hope they do a good job.

jmuboy

I know being a Disney park sponsor is not as big a deal as it once was (because Disney treats their sponsors so poorly) but I can't imagine some major company wouldn't want their logo slapped all over SSE! Sponsorships actually help the themes of the pavilions at EPCOT, simply because of the park's World's Fair type theme.

Sergeant Tibbs

disneyfamily said:
They should rehab all the rides at EPCOT, I would love to see a 60ft 80° drop at the end of Living with the Land
Man that would be freakin sweet.
icon10.gif
I suppose there could be a yeti at the end too. lol. I really hope you were joking

mrneon606

I think one of the best things they could do for this ride is fix sound. It is such a great narration but alot of the cars' speakers make it almost unbearable to listen to. I havent been down in a couple of years so maybe this problem has been fixed. I just hope the ride stays basically the same just updated. Thrill rides like Mission Space and Test Track are great but Epcot still needs rides the whole family can ride together.

DisneySaint

mrneon606 said:
I think one of the best things they could do for this ride is fix sound. It is such a great narration but alot of the cars' speakers make it almost unbearable to listen to.

Agreed, but if they get rid of the current soundtrack with Jeremy Irons, I'm going to riot. It's got more sentimental value than my bronzed baby shoes.

1disneydood

I heard from a friend of a friend of an imagineer that they WDI is looking into using the voice of Stitch for the SSE narration. :lookaroun

:D

Disneyfan1981

I hope that SSE gets some much needed TLC but at this point for every rumor that lists that we'll keep our beloved "golf ball" the way it is with only minor changes there is three more suggesting radical makeovers. I wish Disney would just announce something....

Thrawn

Account Suspended
dxer07002 said:
Notice I put the word RUMOR is CAPITALS!!!!!

This is starting to circulate around the internet:

management rejected any gutting of Spaceship Earth in favor of a few minor changes and adding a new ending sequence, the descent back to Earth.

Sounds like good news to me.

Where on the internet? On this thread where you just made it up? Why not post a link to where you read this.

I believe that what this rumor amounted to was the removable of references to AT&T during the descent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom