News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

mmascari

It that I’m aware of. The wall will curve, but the ceiling will be a ceiling.

Top and bottom, I'm assuming?

Such that if you pressed your face up against the glass (assuming you can get that close to the window), and tried to look up or down, you wouldn't be able to see the edge of the screen? Or to the side too?

All those "extra" parts of the projection that will be rarely, if ever, seen. But, required to really sell the illusion....

MrPromey

??? This is a restaurant, not a ride! What ride are you talking about?

I took it as a joke... Like simulated movement via screens and how that can give people motion-sickness.

Obviously, this will be slow "moving" and not an issue but I think that's what he was playing at since it's a restaurant with this type of "entertainment".

HiJe

This may have already been discussed, but does anyone know if there will be a storyline going during your meal. Like, will you be watching a ongoing space trip to some distant planet or touring different galaxies or will it be a general floating in space and look around at everything projected on the "windows" type of meal?

Unplugged

This may have already been discussed, but does anyone know if there will be a storyline going during your meal. Like, will you be watching a ongoing space trip to some distant planet or touring different galaxies or will it be a general floating in space and look around at everything projected on the "windows" type of meal?

Knowing the current love of IP and "lack" of it in EPCOT, I'd guess the restaurant will be the "Buy'n'Large Cafe" and will overlook the destroyed and polluted earth. If you look really closely, you can spot piles of debris as built buy the Wall-E units. As a bonus, EVE & Wall-E fly by on occassion with a fire extinguisher "jet pack". :oops::D

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Knowing the current love of IP and "lack" of it in EPCOT, I'd guess the restaurant will be the "Buy'n'Large Cafe" and will overlook the destroyed and polluted earth. If you look really closely, you can spot piles of debris as built buy the Wall-E units. As a bonus, EVE & Wall-E fly by on occassion with a fire extinguisher "jet pack". :oops::D
Don't limit it to Wall-E... look at all the space IP material Disney now owns or has rights to: GotG, Avengers, Star Wars, Alien, Predator, Titan AE, The Martian, Solaris, The X Files, The Day The Earth Stood Still, Aliens In The Attic, Avatar, Independence Day, Ad Astra...

So you can expect to see just about anything except Star Fleet wessels streaking across the cosmos while dining at this restaurant...

Walt d

This is great! Classic EPCOT could've done this.

Can't wait to check out the details. Although I have little confidence in Patina, whose other EPCOT restaurants suck.
Interesting seeing the footprint of Mission space from that angle it’s bigger than I thought. This restaurant sounds interesting ..

Walt d

Don't limit it to Wall-E... look at all the space IP material Disney now owns or has rights to: GotG, Avengers, Star Wars, Alien, Predator, Titan AE, The Martian, Solaris, The X Files, The Day The Earth Stood Still, Aliens In The Attic, Avatar, Independence Day, Ad Astra...

So you can expect to see just about anything except Star Fleet wessels streaking across the cosmos while dining at this restaurant...
Mmm some Battlestar Galactica would be nice inside .

I am Timmy

This is supposed to open this year? Great, now I have another experience I have to track so I can try to get a res. in Dec. Of course, it might not be this year if there are delays. The same group that made the Edison is making this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom