News New single-day ticket pricing will price all four parks at the same level

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We were going to buy a 1 day pass a few years ago but it was too expensive at that point. Given that, and speaking only for my family, they can raise the price for it however much they want because its already past what we can purchase anyway for 5 of us. Make it $200 or $300 per day. Won't matter to us anyway.

...and the pain kinda leaks through in your text.

And that depresses me...seriously. I’ve always thought raising prices above inflation is stupid for Disney...they think they can drive people away with no consequence - but water always finds its equilibrium point.

bhg469

...and the pain kinda leaks through in your text.

And that depresses me...seriously. I’ve always thought raising prices above inflation is stupid for Disney...they think they can drive people away with no consequence - but water always finds its equilibrium point.
Sadly they are only keeping away guests who are smart about money. People who have no worries about income, will clearly still go. Guests that are on a fixed income who just extend their credit, will still go. Same as it ever was.

disneygeek90

Offsite guests that do a day in the park followed by other local attractions / beaches. Locals who don't care to spend $600 on an annual pass because "Hey, we're in town and we'd love to spend the day with you at WDW!".

There are a lot of scenarios where people may only want to visit for one day.
Sure, but I think a vast majority are doing a weekly 5+ day trip. That's where the true value shines through. A one day ticket isn't supposed to be of value.

bhg469

I completely agree, I was just answering the question - "Who even buys single day tickets?".
I have on a few occasions. When I am in town, I am only there to work or visit friends. If they're going to the parks, I will join them. That is, when the CM friend cannot get me in. I have not been to Florida in several years with the plans of visiting a Disney park.

Capsin4

But Potter opened with one main attraction and a couple of re-skins. Look at the mess that was on opening and how busy it still is.
Get the theming right and they will come.
This is significantly different. is a special franchise beyond how well it was themed. UOR is learning now that even though it was a great boost, they need more.
We were going to buy a 1 day pass a few years ago but it was too expensive at that point. Given that, and speaking only for my family, they can raise the price for it however much they want because its already past what we can purchase anyway for 5 of us. Make it $200 or $300 per day. Won't matter to us anyway.
Same here. We would take side trips to Uni when on a long Disney trip. The opposite will never happen.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
This is significantly different. is a special franchise beyond how well it was themed. UOR is learning now that even though it was a great boost, they need more.

Same here. We would take side trips to Uni when on a long Disney trip. The opposite will never happen.
There is a large amount of people coming from overseas due to Potter and not the mouse.

Rteetz

Here's something interesting in the video...

View attachment 316185

So, it seems that if you don't use all your tickets in the timeframe given, they're not 'lost.' Instead the value of those unused tickets can be applied to the cost of a new ticket.

This way, Disney is making sure one doesn't use a cheap ticket from an off-peak day as the total admittance to a high-demand day, and, the guest doesn't lose their money they paid for that ticket.
It will be like this for all tickets. You have a 7 day window for example to use a 4-day ticket. It goes all the way to a 14-day window for a 10-day ticket.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It will be like this for all tickets. You have a 7 day window for example to use a 4-day ticket. It goes all the way to a 14-day window for a 10-day ticket.

That's not at issue.

I was pointing out that it seems, by the cap shotted paragraph that if hyou don't use all the tickets in that given timeframe, the cost of the ticket can be applied to a new ticket in a new timeframe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom