News New single-day ticket pricing will price all four parks at the same level

Sirwalterraleigh

Oh come on, webmaster!!!

Can you edit out the “eliminating the magic kingdom premium”??

That makes it look like they’re doing something for the people. Isn’t “raising the prices of the other parks to equal magic kingdom - which will remain unchanged at the present time” more Fair/accurate??

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh come on, webmaster!!!

Can you edit out the “eliminating the magic kingdom premium”??

That makes it look like they’re doing something for the people. Isn’t “raising the prices of the other parks to equal magic kingdom - which will remain unchanged at the present time” more Fair/accurate??
I said:

"Beginning October 16 2018, Walt Disney Will begin pricing all four theme parks at the same level for single day tickets, effectively eliminating the Magic Kingdom premium, and raising the price of the other three parks to match the Magic Kingdom."

I think that accurately sums up the situation.

drod1985

If the data I'm looking at is correct then single day tickets in September 2008 were $75, September 1998 were $42, and September 1988 were $28.

That means on average tickets are increasing to 162% every 10 years. That would put us at $192.78 for a single day pass in 2028.

MickeyMan36

If the data I'm looking at is correct then single day tickets in September 2008 were $75, September 1998 were $42, and September 1988 were $28.

That means on average tickets are increasing to 162% every 10 years. That would put us at $192.78 for a single day pass in 2028.
That sounds about right.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

I said:

"Beginning October 16 2018, Walt Disney Will begin pricing all four theme parks at the same level for single day tickets, effectively eliminating the Magic Kingdom premium, and raising the price of the other three parks to match the Magic Kingdom."

Ok...I suppose 😠

ElBendro

I, for one, am ECSTATIC about the prospects paying over a grand per ticket by the time I retire.

Sirwalterraleigh

Yes...all that is right.

$52.53 with tax on 12/31/99...and nobody was claiming they were “undercharged” that night...

...Now queue the economists and fools

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Yes...all that is right.

$52.53 with tax on 12/31/99...and nobody was claiming they were “undercharged” that night...

aladdin-genie-william-f-buckley-laser-time.gif

smile

I said:

there's a slight possibility you're referring to the man's frozen head ;)
... other than that, spot on!
:p

boufa

Yes...all that is right.

If you believe that there is no reason for the price increases, or not at the level shown, then no one will change your mind then they should not bother. If you believe that there is more value for your money and that comparing 1988 Disney World to 2018 Disney World is not apples to apples, then no one will change that mind either.

Sirwalterraleigh

If you believe that there is no reason for the price increases, or not at the level shown, then no one will change your mind then they should not bother. If you believe that there is more value for your money and that comparing 1988 Disney World to 2018 Disney World is not apples to apples, then no one will change that mind either.

You were about to give some Econ 1 supply and demand quiz question...weren’t ya??

boufa

Not sure why the other big changes to the tickets that were announced today are not listed here as news. It was announced that multi day tickets would go to pricing variable by day (like the single day ticket is now) and that they are shortening the amount of time to use the tickets. (Used to be within 14 days, now it will vary with the ticket length, but in all cases is shorter than the 14 days)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Not sure why the other big changes to the tickets that were announced today are not listed here as news. It was announced that multi day tickets would go to pricing variable by day (like the single day ticket is now) and that they are shortening the amount of time to use the tickets. (Used to be within 14 days, now it will vary with the ticket length, but in all cases is shorter than the 14 days)
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...o-help-guests-with-date-based-tickets.949349/

Sirwalterraleigh

Probably glossed over because those things were discussed a while back...

But yes...significant changes

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When buying day-tickets (as opposed to a pass):
Prices continue to be cheaper-per-day when you add more days.​
The ticket prices vary by when you want to go. A calendar shows you the price fluctuations and will handily steer you the time of year the tickets are the cheapest.​
You seem to get a few days grace period in the range (pick 4 day-tickets and you can use them within a 7 day period, e.g.).​
Just like a hopper add-on changes the way you can use your tickets (visiting multiple parks in a day rather than just one), there is now an any-time add on ($100) that changes your date-specific tickets into an anytime tickets. (Still have to use all of them within 14 days of the use of the first ticket.) So, you can still get tickets like you're used to... with that surcharge.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom