News New Signature Restaurant for Japan Pavilion - Takumi-Tei

Janir

I know everyone is stuck on the idea of that coaster but the one country where a flat screen/animatronic combo attraction would most naturally fit is Japan. Imagine it starting out kind of like a classic future world ride featuring the proud history of Japan, segueing into giant fictional robots and monsters attacking/protecting Tokyo and then ending with lifesized non-fictionalized robots... and Mario*... and maybe it could exit into a cat petting lounge.

But seriously, take a look at that shop and how it runs the gamut from classic traditional to almost a tacky reverence for pop-culture. That contrast that seems like it shouldn't work is one of the things that makes Japan so unique and intriguing and I think if Disney was allowed to lean into that, they'd have a hit on a budget everyone involved could probably stomach.

*Yeah, no Mario, I guess...

WDW has Disney cats roaming about like DLR does. LEts put them to work in a cat petting lounge! :p
Actually some ride just as you described starting with some Japanese history running to some Kaiju and oversized mecha combat, (maybe they can get an Ultraman licensing?) and feeding into a cat petting lounge. Maybe add in a Disneyfied Pachinko parlor?

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

87535E18-A362-43E4-BF67-288FBADAC7BA.jpeg

MickeyMouse10

I wish they would have went with an attraction instead. They've already got 3 restaurants in this pavilion. Why do they need another one?

I would have taken any of the long rumored ones. "Godzilla", "Mt Fuji", "the Bullet Train" or "Meet the World", which is reminiscent of American Adventure.

Lensman

Great, now they just need to put the landscaping back in to completely obscure 99% of it.

Edited to add: I think that whole side building sticking out of the side looks cheap and has always looked cheap, but was acceptable since it was behind trees and shrubbery.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Morimoto gave us a certificate of origin. Hopefully this use the same supplier. :)

The Yachtsman also had the silly certificates including the hoof-print of the "donor" which I find is rather silly... you can tell pretty easily if its A5 or not just from appearance and taste.

build_it

Photo update as of Saturday, May 11, 2019. The construction scrim is gone now, revealing the new room and roof. It matches the original building so well, it looks like it's been there all the time.

View attachment 371523

View attachment 371524

This must be the same design team that's brining us the new crappie building in the France pavilion.
Oh, sorry I mean the new Creperie in the France pavilion.

I hope they install a lot of landscaping.

Walt d

Well, I’ll be darned. When this first got brought up a few months ago, I definitely had people as mixing up the Mitsukoshi refurb with dining. Still not sure how I feel about this as far as priorities go, but, then again, this was mostly Mitsukoshi’s call, so all power to them.
Mmm sake...!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom