New shows on Disney Plus

Miru

Because it’s how it works plus the Evil Queen is the one that ended their original lives while the three good fairies, Cinderella’s fairy godmother, King Triton, and Mama Odie sent the princesses to our world to be reborn.
Oh. That’s how it works.

mharrington

Original Poster
My fourth idea is one that involves a crossover, between Marvel and Disney itself. Basically, it involves Goofy's superhero alter ego, Super Goof, meeting the Avengers. That's pretty much all I have, though, aside from the possibility of the Avengers' lives being in danger and it's up to Super Goof to save them.

Miru

My fourth idea is one that involves a crossover, between Marvel and Disney itself. Basically, it involves Goofy's superhero alter ego, Super Goof, meeting the Avengers. That's pretty much all I have, though, aside from the possibility of the Avengers' lives being in danger and it's up to Super Goof to save them.
I imagined that in the end it would be Super Goof in danger, after he rescues the Avengers early on.

mharrington

Original Poster
I imagined that in the end it would be Super Goof in danger, after he rescues the Avengers early on.
I would imagine him trying to get in good with the Avengers, but they don't seem to think too highly of him given his usual clumsy ways, but he proves himself when he saves them. I'm actually thinking something like "Mission Marvel", the episode of "Phineas and Ferb", except with Goofy.

Miru

I would imagine him trying to get in good with the Avengers, but they don't seem to think too highly of him given his usual clumsy ways, but he proves himself when he saves them. I'm actually thinking something like "Mission Marvel", the episode of "Phineas and Ferb", except with Goofy.
We could also see Shield turn him down at the start.

Brer Panther

A great idea, if only the grudge against this movie from the bigwigs after the early 2000s faded out.
I don't think that kind of thing would ever happen on Disney Plus. If it did, then "Song of the South" should be available.
Eisner didn’t hate this movie half as much as Iger and apparently Chapek do. Even the Tokyo version is under fire.
Yeah, I know Iger is bent on denying Song of the South ever happened. I just figured this would be a good way of helping to further distance Splash Mountain's characters from the film, which would hopefully help to cancel the retheme.

mharrington

Original Poster
Yeah, I know Iger is bent on denying Song of the South ever happened. I just figured this would be a good way of helping to further distance Splash Mountain's characters from the film, which would hopefully help to cancel the retheme.
Unfortunately, it's probably too little, too late.

Anyway, here's my next idea for Disney Plus. It's a Muppet show, it would be done by the same people who did the 2018 revival of "Muppet Babies", and it's actually derivative of an aborted Muppet show that only saw a few episodes before canceled.

In 1985, after the success of the original "Muppet Babies", it was decided that the second season of that show would be accompanied by a second Muppet show called "Little Muppet Monsters" (combined with "Muppet Babies", it would have been called "Muppets, Babies and Monsters"):

However, the show was a flop, in part because of production challenges, and Jim Henson canceled the show and filled in the vacant space with more "Muppet Babies", which proved even more popular. You can watch the history of that as part of Defunct TV's epic miniseries on the history of Jim Henson:

One sequence of "Little Muppet Monsters" that seemed to have potential is called "Kermit the Frog: Private Eye". Here's a sample episode of that show:

Anyway, this show (and maybe "Pigs In Space") will get its own show, a revival of sorts, on Disney Plus. Similar to the original show, it will be narrated by the real-life Kermit, performed by Matt Vogel (who started performing as Kermit on "Muppets Now"). As I said before, this revival will be done by the cast and crew of the 2018 version of "Muppet Babies". The original show had Frank Welker and Greg Berg voicing Kermit and Fozzie, respectively, who also voiced the characters on the original "Muppet Babies". To that end, Matt Danner and Eric Bauza, who voiced Kermit and Fozzie, respectively, in the newer "Muppet Babies", will also voice Kermit and Fozzie in this show as well.

I'm not sure who will voice Miss Piggy, however. In the original "Muppet Babies", she was voiced by Laurie O'Brien, but in "Kermit the Frog: Private Eye", she was voiced by Hal Rayle. Finally, in the newer "Muppet Babies", she is voiced by Melanie Harrison. So who could voice her in the newer "Kermit the Frog: Private Eye" (and maybe "Pigs In Space")? In keeping with tradition, it should be a man.

Anyway, that's the next idea for a TV show on Disney Plus. What do you think? And who could voice Miss Piggy?

Twilight_Roxas

mharrington

Original Poster
Here it is. This is from October, and involves the reboot.
If the case is lost, would that mean that "Muppet Babies" would have to be erased from existence?

mharrington

Original Poster
How about Eric Bauza? With his range, I wouldn't be surprised if he could do spot-on impressions of ALL the Muppets...

I've thought of that. I've also thought of Ben Diskin, who also voices Baby Gonzo now and will also voice Gonzo on the detective show if he shows up.

Miru

Clifford could be voiced by Crispin Freeman if he gets in. Wally Wingert and Liam O’Brien seem like they would be fun to cast. Maybe cast a muppet performer in a guest role? Disney really should tap into the Sesame Street performers to recast the mid 80s-early 2000s additions for a return to the franchise.

Brer Panther

Okay, here are some casting ideas for the rest of the Muppets, should they appear in the show...

- Gonzo - Jess Harnell
- Rizzo the Rat - Billy West
- Rowlf the Dog - Matt Danner or Wally Wingert
- Scooter - Billy West
- Dr. Teeth - Fred Tatasciore
- Floyd Pepper - Jeff Bennett
- Janice - Frank Welker, maybe?
- Animal - Wally Wingert
- Zoot - Jess Harnell
- Statler - Eric Bauza
- Waldorf - Matt Danner
- Dr. Bunsen Honeydew - Eric Bauza
- Beaker - Matt Danner
- Swedish Chef - Matt Danner
- Pepe the King Prawn - Eric Bauza
- Sam the Eagle - Jeff Bergman
- Robin the Frog - Eric Bauza
- Sweetums - Fred Tatasciore
- Bobo the Bear - Fred Tatasciore or Christopher Swindle
- Link Hogthrob - Jeff Bennett
- Bean Bunny - Ben Diskin
- Camilla the Chicken - Tress MacNeille
- Beauregard - Frank Welker
- Walter - Dee Bradley Baker

Miru

One question I had was about if Disney wanted to use the Saban and DePatie Freling libraries under their ownership. They seem to have done nothing with them, (bar some early 2000s Tick DVDs) even with Disney+, ignoring them in favor of their bigger libraries.

I did have a few ideas; Bureau of Alien Detectors would be a good series to revive if we dig into the Saban and DPF catalogs. Disney also have a few other content libraries that they don’t seem interested in at all.
And on the subject of the Muppets:

* Sal Minella - Carlos Acquazi
* Johnny Fiama - Roger Craig Smith or Fred Tatasciore
* Yorick - Mike Pollock
* Denise - Lara Jill Miller

Twilight_Roxas

There was concept I thought of that is a animated spin-off series to Once Upon a Time similar to Disney Descendants: Wicked World involving Hope Jones, and her friends at United Academy. It mixes different segments for hilarity, and mysticism.

mharrington

Original Poster
Another idea I've had is one I've had for a while now. It was only after the announcement of "Descendants: Royal Wedding" that I finally decided to speak up finally...

This idea I've had is another "Descendants" special, also animated like "Royal Wedding". It involves something a student exchange program. In this case, Auradon Prep does a student exchange program with another school in a neighboring town: a Toontown-like city called Diztown, home to Diz U. Like Auradon, Diz U is where some descendants (or relatives) of classic Disney characters go to school.

Mal and Evie get sent to this school briefly while two of Diz U's students, Max (son of Goofy) and P.J. (son of Pete), get sent to Auradon. The two groups each try to acclimate themselves to the other school's surroundings. At Diz U, Mal and Evie meet some other relatives of other Disney characters. They're not direct descendants, but they are close relatives: Morty and Ferdy (nephews of Mickey); Millie and Melody (nieces of Minnie); Huey, Dewey and Louie (nephews of Donald); and April, May and June (nieces of Daisy). Unfortunately, it is also there that they meet the resident school bullies: the Three Little Wolves, whose father, the Big Bad Wolf, had also been sent to the Isle of the Lost (he apparently owns a sausage-making factory on the island). The wolves are apparently plotting to make trouble for both Diz U and Auradon Prep, as they are jealous for not being sent to the latter.

Another idea I've had was to differentiate Morty and Ferdy by having be something like the Martin twins from the "Suite Life" serieses. Morty is rather book dumb and a "player" toward girls, and he has a habit of annoying Ferdy. Ferdy, in contrast, is a straight-A student who wears glasses and has braces, and who is smarter and actually is interested, like his uncle, in finding a real girlfriend. In short, Morty is something like Zack, while Ferdy is more like Cody.

What do you think?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom