New shows on Disney Plus

Brer Panther

Okay, well, I do have some ideas for Disney+ series. Here's one...

Tales From the Briar Patch
Helping to distance Song of the South's non-racist elements from the film, this series features the characters from Splash Mountain, both those that originated in Song of the South and those that originated in America Sings - Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, Brer Bear, Brer Frog, Brer Gator, the Goose Brothers, the Boothill Boys, Saddlesore Swanson, and more. Many of the episodes adapt stories from Brer Rabbit folklore.

Sharon&Susan

Palpatine1.jpg

Miru

Okay, well, I do have some ideas for Disney+ series. Here's one...

Tales From the Briar Patch
Helping to distance Song of the South's non-racist elements from the film, this series features the characters from Splash Mountain, both those that originated in Song of the South and those that originated in America Sings - Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, Brer Bear, Brer Frog, Brer Gator, the Goose Brothers, the Boothill Boys, Saddlesore Swanson, and more. Many of the episodes adapt stories from Brer Rabbit folklore.
A great idea, if only the grudge against this movie from the bigwigs after the early 2000s faded out. One episode could have aliens from the unmade Intergalactic Revue appear.

mharrington

Original Poster
Sadly, I don't think that kind of thing would ever happen on Disney Plus. If it did, then "Song of the South" should be available.

That said, it does seem interesting.

Miru

I thought that Splash Mountain did reasonably well at distancing itself from "Song of the South", but rumor has it they want to get rid of that, too. In fact, it's all but confirmed that they will.
Eisner didn’t hate this movie half as much as Iger and apparently Chapek do. Even the Tokyo version is under fire. It’s not just Song of the South, they seem to be seeing the mid-to-late 40s/Wartime Era/Package Era as a whole as being an embarrassing dark age, starting sometime around the mid 90s with the removal of WDW Toad, and Make Mine Music being the last Disney Classic to hit home video.

On topic, however, I could see a cooking show based around Ratatouille, with real recipies being demonstrated by the animated characters.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
On topic, however, I could see a cooking show based around Ratatouille, with real recipies being demonstrated by the animated characters.
Or Tiana for that matter. Heck it could be an entire show of different Disney brand characters doing their favorite recipes.

Miru

Or Tiana for that matter. Heck it could be an entire show of different Disney brand characters doing their favorite recipes.
Swedish Chef, Xion (allegedly KH might also be a brand like Marvel and Lucasfilm, though), Figment for the really crazy stuff, Launchpad McQuack, Lumiere, Pooh, and other Disney gourmands.

What could the name be? The Enchanted Gourmand?

mharrington

Original Poster
Eisner didn’t hate this movie half as much as Iger and apparently Chapek do. Even the Tokyo version is under fire. It’s not just Song of the South, they seem to be seeing the mid-to-late 40s/Wartime Era/Package Era as a whole as being an embarrassing dark age, starting sometime around the mid 90s with the removal of WDW Toad, and Make Mine Music being the last Disney Classic to hit home video.

Now, that does sound like something that could realistically work, although the animated foods would need to be shown first and then done in reality.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Now, that does sound like something that could realistically work, although the animated foods would need to be shown first and then done in reality.
Do it up like Poppins with the duality of the 2D, CGI or Muppet character and live action actors working together.. Live action you say? Yes, D-list celebs (Sorry D+ celebs) interacting with the characters, tasting their dishes, fun banter, etc. It could work.

Last edited:

Twilight_Roxas

What do you all think of my D+ idea of a teen drama or comedy series of the Disney Princesses being reincarnated as teenagers with different names in our world dealing with teen life?

Twilight_Roxas

I did make beta pics of the main characters. The only one I didn’t include is Pocahontas because I couldn’t find the right Disney Channel actress to portray her reincarnation.

Miru

I did make beta pics of the main characters. The only one I didn’t include is Pocahontas because I couldn’t find the right Disney Channel actress to portray her reincarnation.

Some lesser-seen princesses like Kairi or Kida could bulk out the supporting cast. I could even see Mal from Descendants. Heck, the principal could be a human version of Nala. (Superintendent Minnie?)

And... what if this was... a Tokusatsu like Power Rangers? The heroines would have to “morph” to tackle evil. Would be a lot better than a normal sitcom.

Twilight_Roxas

Because it’s how it works plus the Evil Queen is the one that ended their original lives while the three good fairies, Cinderella’s fairy godmother, King Triton, and Mama Odie sent the princesses to our world to be reborn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom