News New security measures

Tony the Tigger

Why is everybody watching who else is getting put through the metal detectors? Two or three different groups all think they are being singled out – it's comical. While you were standing in line you're not going to see a statistically representative sample.

Just go through it, don't read any more into it, and go have fun at the theme park. Sheesh.

flynnibus

Premium Member
well....so could an employee going to work anywhere...I assume you're not for bag checks at every office building, every shopping mall, every retail store, every grocery store, and everywhere else people may go to work or congregate?

Do those places have metal scanners at the entrances for non-employees? If not.. your post is pointless.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Do those places have metal scanners at the entrances for non-employees? If not.. your post is pointless.

Don't see how one has to do with the other. I just assume that WDW feels it is a higher-value target for terrorists than most places but not anymore a target for a disgruntled employee than the next business.

Now whether or not metal detectors at the front are a good deterrent for terrorists or other manics is obviously up for debate.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Don't see how one has to do with the other. I just assume that WDW feels it is a higher-value target for terrorists than most places but not anymore a target for a disgruntled employee than the next business.

Now whether or not metal detectors at the front are a good deterrent for terrorists or other manics is obviously up for debate.

so the later... unlike the post you originally replied to.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Why is everybody watching who else is getting put through the metal detectors? Two or three different groups all think they are being singled out – it's comical. While you were standing in line you're not going to see a statistically representative sample.

Just go through it, don't read any more into it, and go have fun at the theme park. Sheesh.

Your assessment includes some valid points. Yet, I also think it's just human nature to feel uncomfortable, if you're picked out of a crowd for extra screening--when you see so many others just walk on by. Plus, if you're a bit on the shy side to begin with (that would be me), you probably won't like the attention of being singled out of a large crowd.

So whether people agree or disagree with the new security methods in place, I'm sure most guests would prefer not to be "randomly" chosen to go through the metal detectors. IMO, if they eliminated the random checks and just asked every guest to pass through the detectors, it wouldn't be as much of an issue for many guests.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
well....so could an employee going to work anywhere...I assume you're not for bag checks at every office building, every shopping mall, every retail store, every grocery store, and everywhere else people may go to work or congregate?

Depends where you work if you work at a government facility or defense contractor you've been doing that for 25 years already and find it's best to bring nothing in with you even lunch if you want to get in and out in a reasonable amount of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom