New RunDisney Virtual Run

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Ok - take away my Disney-cred or whatever but I'm behind on Marvel. The 1st medal is Black Panther - what is the 2nd one? Captain marvel?

June medal Captain America. July medal Ironman. August medal Black Panther. Challenge 80 years of Marvel. For some reason rD is releasing them in reverse order.

RunningKoen

Attachments

• 55840591_2222204134556178_9174271438150959104_n.jpg
    55840591_2222204134556178_9174271438150959104_n.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 293
  • im_2.jpg
    im_2.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 296

menka

I was super excited when I saw more wine and dine spots was opened but then I saw these medals. The marvel fangirl in me cannot let these sweet medals go. So now I am unsure if I can do both. 😭

LAKid53

Premium Member
I was super excited when I saw more wine and dine spots was opened but then I saw these medals. The marvel fangirl in me cannot let these sweet medals go. So now I am unsure if I can do both. 😭

One you can do one your own schedule. The other is runDisney's......

Surferboy567

So back in January I did my first not really official runDisney event during my Disney Cruise. It was the Castaway Cay 5k I really thought I wasn't going to be able to do it as I don't consider myself a runner and I am really out of shape. I was determined to do the race and I did! It felt great doing the race and getting my first (not official) plastic Castaway Cay 5k medal the cruises give out. So as a huge fan of Star Wars, Marvel, and really all things Disney I've been looking at these races for sometime. I think with all this Endgame hype I'm going to register for my first official runDisney event that being the July Iron Man race. Big fan of the medal. It will also give me a Disney themed event to hold myself over until I can get back over to WDW. I wonder though Cpt. Marvel 5k already sold out. So do we think it is likely that the Iron Man one will sell out soon also? Still have yet to register, debating on signing up but I'm leaning toward yes.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
So back in January I did my first not really official runDisney event during my Disney Cruise. It was the Castaway Cay 5k I really thought I wasn't going to be able to do it as I don't consider myself a runner and I am really out of shape. I was determined to do the race and I did! It felt great doing the race and getting my first (not official) plastic Castaway Cay 5k medal the cruises give out. So as a huge fan of Star Wars, Marvel, and really all things Disney I've been looking at these races for sometime. I think with all this Endgame hype I'm going to register for my first official runDisney event that being the July Iron Man race. Big fan of the medal. It will also give me a Disney themed event to hold myself over until I can get back over to WDW. I wonder though Cpt. Marvel 5k already sold out. So do we think it is likely that the Iron Man one will sell out soon also? Still have yet to register, debating on signing up but I'm leaning toward yes.

Congrats! That part of the course through the hedges is hot, so I applaud you for doing the race. It's official enough for us here. Add your 3.1 miles to the "How many runDisney miles have you run" thread by notifying @Texas84.

If you do the Castaway Cay Challenge in January, that's an official rD race with a metal, not rubber, medal. But that also means having to run one of the races during Marathon weekend. And going on a Disney cruise. All good things.

Surferboy567

Congrats! That part of the course through the hedges is hot, so I applaud you for doing the race. It's official enough for us here. Add your 3.1 miles to the "How many runDisney miles have you run" thread by notifying @Texas84.

If you do the Castaway Cay Challenge in January, that's an official rD race with a metal, not rubber, medal. But that also means having to run one of the races during Marathon weekend. And going on a Disney cruise. All good things.

They referred to it as the "loop of doom" during our briefing (Keep in mind this was my first "race" ever). I assure you it lives up to that name. The loop went on forever...with no end in sight (you literally can't see the end of loop of doom). You have to do it twice, it's a great way to see the island though. I will definitely notify @Texas84 about my accomplishment. I'm excited to do more races! I'm really thinking about going to register for the Iron Man race soon! It sounds like so much fun. I was amazed to feel how great it is getting that medal and running a race. Happy to join the running community on this fourm!

LAKid53

Premium Member
They referred to it as the "loop of doom" during our briefing (Keep in mind this was my first "race" ever). I assure you it lives up to that name. The loop went on forever...with no end in sight (you literally can't see the end of loop of doom). You have to do it twice, it's a great way to see the island though. I will definitely notify @Texas84 about my accomplishment. I'm excited to do more races! I'm really thinking about going to register for the Iron Man race soon! It sounds like so much fun. I was amazed to feel how great it is getting that medal and running a race. Happy to join the running community on this fourm!

Welcome aboard - soon you'll be training for Dopey, lol.

Loop of doom is correct. I stopped at every water cooler along that loop to dump water over my head - it gets so hot.

The nice thing about the Virtuals is you can do them on your schedule. Storming? Go another day. I wish they'd send bibs rather than giving us one to print out. The ASPCA Virtual 5K I do does, along with a medal.

Surferboy567

Welcome aboard - soon you'll be training for Dopey, lol.

Loop of doom is correct. I stopped at every water cooler along that loop to dump water over my head - it gets so hot.

The nice thing about the Virtuals is you can do them on your schedule. Storming? Go another day. I wish they'd send bibs rather than giving us one to print out. The ASPCA Virtual 5K I do does, along with a medal.

Just saw this...yea what really gets me about the Disney Races (and by extension the virtuals) are the themes. The collector inside me wants to start but that can be a very dangerous thing. Kinda upset I skipped out on the Incredible shorts last year. Was surprised to see how fast the Cpt. Marvel race sold out. On my next trip I deliberately planned it to be the week AFTER the marathon to avoid the crowds...but who am I kidding eventually I am going to want to do one of these on site races.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Just saw this...yea what really gets me about the Disney Races (and by extension the virtuals) are the themes. The collector inside me wants to start but that can be a very dangerous thing. Kinda upset I skipped out on the Incredible shorts last year. Was surprised to see how fast the Cpt. Marvel race sold out. On my next trip I deliberately planned it to be the week AFTER the marathon to avoid the crowds...but who am I kidding eventually I am going to want to do one of these on site races.

The vibe is great....and so is the bling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom