New Rumor!!!

Jerm

Original Poster
The mansion was the coolest thing they had. But the SSE was intresting, I don't think the screens will be too much but they were there and that was the reason they had the art up.

I am looking forward to any thing that can plus SSE.

J

SirNim

At least with the SE screens (for safety/"vehicle rotating backwards"/sponsor advertisements/closed captioning purposes) the opening starfield ascent can probably be restored to its former, less-obnoxious state...

Pabgo

If we do get screens, I hope it does a lot more than this, but... Something that would be useful for their international guests, would be for them to be able to pick the language that the narrator speaks during the ride. It would then reset for the next riders.

Jerm

Original Poster
Oh they also had a few shots of the updated Mexico attraction. It looks like they shot a bunch of live background shoots and will be droping the Three Caballeros into those. So kinda Roger Rabbit type stuff.

J

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Oh they also had a few shots of the updated Mexico attraction. It looks like they shot a bunch of live background shoots and will be droping the Three Caballeros into those. So kinda Roger Rabbit type stuff.

J

So very much what the movie was like then? That's nice :) It was very well done and many people found the mix of live action and animation very charming.

goofyfan13

Both rumors sound very interesting. I like the HM idea, whether or not it happens. SSE, I hope they do something interactive as well, could make for a nice throw back.

On a side note, has anyone been on SSE lately? I was on it today and the screens on the ascent seemed closer to the track and A LOT brighter than normal. Maybe it was just my head playing games with me....

EpcotMark

I knew about the SSE screens. But there will be NO new ride vehicles. I promise you. Smoothing out the bumps perhaps.

I dont know what the screens will display. They cant be that large, probably similar to the Test Track cars crappy half working screens so I fail to see the point.:lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The screens will remain dark until 180 top, when they`ll begin to strobe the Siemens logo, thus making you squint and hiding the blacked out props from you vision.

Or maybe not. :D

pintraderpayee

If there are screens added, and they are CC, maybe they could have additional scrolling facts about different scenes........example: The Bible Johann Gutenberg is inspecting is an exact copy of a page of an original Gutenberg bible and the press he is "using" actually has movable type.......In the 19th century scene the Morse code message coming into the telegraph office announces the driving of the golden spike at Promontory Point in 1869 that linked the transcontinental railroad........hieroglyphics on the wall in ancient Egypt's scene are recreations of actual writings.....etc. Info. from Vol. 2 The Walt Disney World Trivia Book. I think this would show WDW's dedication to detail even more:D Like the staircase idea in HM as well.......hope these ideas make it to fruition....

56 more days until we are Orlando bound on a school bus with 21 teens for 930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy:

hcswingfield

If there are screens added, and they are CC, maybe they could have additional scrolling facts about different scenes........example: The Bible Johann Gutenberg is inspecting is an exact copy of a page of an original Gutenberg bible and the press he is "using" actually has movable type.......In the 19th century scene the Morse code message coming into the telegraph office announces the driving of the golden spike at Promontory Point in 1869 that linked the transcontinental railroad........hieroglyphics on the wall in ancient Egypt's scene are recreations of actual writings.....etc. Info. from Vol. 2 The Walt Disney World Trivia Book. I think this would show WDW's dedication to detail even more:D Like the staircase idea in HM as well.......hope these ideas make it to fruition....

56 more days until we are Orlando bound on a school bus with 21 teens for 930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy:

The screens could also give a translation to the "oombaday OOMBADAY" speech that the caveman is giving over and over.

PintoColvig

The screens will remain dark until 180 top, when they`ll begin to strobe the Siemens logo, thus making you squint and hiding the blacked out props from you vision.

Or maybe not. :D
If this rumor is true about screens in the SSE ride vehicles, the ambient light from the screens really concern me. Nothing irks me more than to be sitting in a dark movie theater while Joe Schmo in front of me is checking his messages on the very bright screen on his cell phone. :brick: So much of SSE is dark and any significant light would ruin the experience IMO.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If this rumor is true about screens in the SSE ride vehicles, the ambient light from the screens really concern me. Nothing irks me more than to be sitting in a dark movie theater while Joe Schmo in front of me is checking his messages on the very bright screen on his cell phone. :brick: So much of SSE is dark and any significant light would ruin the experience IMO.

In the DCA Monsters Inc ride, they used similiar screens, but since the Monsters Inc ride didn't call for much use of the screens (original ride, Superstar Limo, used them extensively) the screens blacked out for most of the ride.

I can see the screens in SSE going dark for proper portions of SSE, i doubt anyone in Imagineering is going to mess things up that badly. If anything, LCD's can be carefully controlled.

Scar Junior

I love this post! Best use of the rumored screen I've seen yet... Though I doubt they would go all-out and include details such as the Gutenberg or Morse Code scenes, I appreciate the image your post put in my head. How fun would it be to ride through the ancient Greece scene and be able to read the text of the play the actors are rehearsing, or ride through the "future" and see the Chinese and American kids' videos! Very fun.

In reference to a previous post regarding TT... I am not a fan of TT's screens. They are a great concept and that's what I immediately thought of when I read the OP. However, I have been disappointed since 2002ish when they never seemed to work. While I am excited about the potential rumor, I am skeptical that SE getting similar screens would be done right.

-Scar

CarlHS

Image Capture

They should capture your image as you stand in line and, late in the ride, show it on the screen using face recognition software....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom