New rumor from Jim Hill: Matt Ouimet to become WDW president

Lee

Adventurer
Corrus said:
:mad: I applied too... :mad: But they obviously rejected me... :mad: :( :lookaroun :) :lol:

Ha! The idiots! :lol:
Actually, I figure we could put together a pretty fine management team from right here on these boards. It would take us at least a month to run the place into the ground.:lookaroun

nibblesandbits

Lee said:
Ha! The idiots! :lol:
Actually, I figure we could put together a pretty fine management team from right here on these boards. It would take us at least a month to run the place into the ground.:lookaroun
Are you sure it wouldn't take less than a month??? :lookaroun

Pioneer Hall

I wouldn't throw this out, but I don't think it is very likely. While Emmer would be able to handle things out in SoCal, I think that they are probably going to give the job to lee cockerell. I think that his foundation in WDW is going to make him a big front runner. Then again Rasulo has been crafty in the way he has shifted things around and I am sure that whatever he looks to do will be beneficial for the resort.

speck76

I don't think it is unlikely at all.....if you are Pres of DL, what is your natural career progression?

Now that the WDW position is open......it could very well happen

speck76

One thing to remember....jsut because Matt runs DL in one fashion, does not mean he could lead WDW the same way....the parks and their situations are VERY different.

wedway71

Speak about VPS-anyone know where George Kilogradis went?- He was the VP of Epcot for a while not its Brad Rex-Did he leave Disney or get moved?

EpcotServo

peter11435 said:
But how many of his stories are accurate. The fact is it doens't take a rocket scientist, or even a used car sales man to see that Matt Ouimet is a likely candidate to replace Weiss.

I am curious though, what do you think is looking so Bad here as far as upkeep. Sure there are a few things that aren't perfect but for the most part everything is pretty good around here.
Yesterday I was at MK and was depressed at all the bad show I found. At Pirates I saw unthemed fire detectors, Cast Members were on stage above the bridge before the burning town (seen easily by guests; very bad show!) There was trash and peeling paint everywhere, the trains on BTM were in poor shape, the audio in Mansion was not working in alot of Doombuggies, the raven towards the end of the graveyard was missing, (more peeling paint and trash) on the TTA ugly milk crates were on top of the Tomorrowland Arcade (again, easy to see, and very bad show) All of the other rides I went on were also in horrid shape. I was ashamed at how bad Magic Kingdom looked. And can I please see one thing that Jim Hill has gotten so wrong that there is a solid reason that he is just throwing these things out there? I mean, it's a Disney fan based website. Every site throws out rumors like this.

Epcot82Guy

speck76 said:
One thing to remember....jsut because Matt runs DL in one fashion, does not mean he could lead WDW the same way....the parks and their situations are VERY different.

I agree. I think that he has huge Disney talent and is certainly capable. However, WDW is another ballgame from DL. Either way, I think both Lee and Matt (those seemingly out front right now) could do good things. Personally, I would pull for Matt, but that's very personally. Here's to hoping for the best any way it can come.

MickeyTigg

While I would like to see this happen...I'm going to sit and wait to hear it from other sources other than the might Jim Hill.

Woody13

EpcotServo said:
...on the TTA ugly milk crates were on top of the Tomorrowland Arcade (again, easy to see, and very bad show)...
There's only two of them and besides they're black plastic. I forgot to unstack them after I watched the MK train go by...Choo...Choo. At least you didn't see me sitting on them! :wave:

peter11435

EpcotServo said:
Yesterday I was at MK and was depressed at all the bad show I found. At Pirates I saw unthemed fire detectors, Cast Members were on stage above the bridge before the burning town (seen easily by guests; very bad show!) There was trash and peeling paint everywhere, the trains on BTM were in poor shape, the audio in Mansion was not working in alot of Doombuggies, the raven towards the end of the graveyard was missing, (more peeling paint and trash) on the TTA ugly milk crates were on top of the Tomorrowland Arcade (again, easy to see, and very bad show) All of the other rides I went on were also in horrid shape. I was ashamed at how bad Magic Kingdom looked. And can I please see one thing that Jim Hill has gotten so wrong that there is a solid reason that he is just throwing these things out there? I mean, it's a Disney fan based website. Every site throws out rumors like this.
I have been to the MK four times in the last two weeks. While there are some things that were less than perfect I would not say anything was horrid. I admit that the MK seems to be the worst at upkeep but that is the fault of VP Phil Holmes not Al Weiss. He is one of those that just doesn't seem to get it. I was on Pirates yesterday morning I did not see any trash throughout the entire ride or queue. And trust me I look for these things. If you saw some latter in that day all that shows is how ignorant and irresponsible some guests can be. They can't very easily clean up trash in the attractions during the day. I’m curious what rides you went on. In the past two days I have been on Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Snow White, Mickey's Philharmagic, TTA, and Peter Pans Flight. I saw some things I didn't like here and there, but nowhere did I see a ride that I would say was in horrid shape.

To make one thing clear I do not think everything is perfect at WDW. I visit the resort a few times a week, and have seen my share of problems and bad show. I know problems exist and I think Matt would be a great step forward. However to say that things are horrid as you have is blowing things way out of proportion.

As for Jim Hill. I am not going to get into specific articles. However Hill has been wrong on numerous topics (The DCL third ship for example). He also has a way of writing where in each article he writes both what is going to happen, and why it won't. Thus no matter what happens he can say I told you so.

EpcotServo

peter11435 said:
As for Jim Hill. I am not going to get into specific articles. However Hill has been wrong on numerous topics (The DCL third ship for example). He also has a way of writing where in each article he writes both what is going to happen, and why it won't. Thus no matter what happens he can say I told you so.
Every web site does that. Even this one! That's how rumors work.
Every rumor looks like this:
----Test rumor: not real------ (duh.)
------Everest 311 ft. high------
I have heard Everest is 311 feet high. This is not confirmed, so it may be wrong.

See? Every rumor on the internet works like that. Throw something out there, may or may not be right. I wasn't saying he's always right. He's just doing what every other Disney Fan site does. Throw out rumors.

Tim G

EpcotServo said:
Not Us... oh no... NOT US.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tim G

EpcotServo said:
I have heard Everest is 311 feet high. This is not confirmed, so it may be wrong.

See? Every rumor on the internet works like that. Throw something out there, may or may not be right. I wasn't saying he's always right. He's just doing what every other Disney Fan site does. Throw out rumors.
We're different... YES... We are... We're not like the rest... :D

Lee

Adventurer
Exactly! We here would never just throw a wild rumor out there...

btw...Superstar TV and Sounds Dangerous...watch those spaces...:lookaroun

See?:D

Epcot82Guy

Come On! We always deal with evidence-laden soon-to-be facts on this boards, and we relegate ourselves to that. I mean what better sources than a monorail driver's cousin who knows someone named Bush which sounds like Busch which is a company that competes with Disney. CLEARLY they are perhaps the best source (next to Corrus, of course) out there.

Rumors are fun, I guess. So just always check your facts and have fun with them! :wave: The more you know... :D

peter11435

EpcotServo said:

There is a big difference. Hill pretends to be "in the know" and writes like a jounalist reporting facts, not a disney fan on a message board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom