New Rule: For orders placed after 10/1, guests must be present to meet mobility vendor deliverypersons

Goofyernmost

You guys are in need of an imagination. A customer service violation is not a legal event it’s a normal course of being customer service oriented. Simply put, which by the way I can’t imagine it being any simpler than what I said, it is just a variation of what would be considered good customer service. How about you guys put the lawyers and hidden meanings in your back pocket and just look for different meanings with words.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
You guys are in need of an imagination. A customer service violation is not a legal event it’s a normal course of being customer service oriented. Simply put, which by the way I can’t imagine it being any simpler than what I said, it is just a variation of what would be considered good customer service. How about you guys put the lawyers and hidden meanings in your back pocket and just look for different meanings with words.
Im not looking for lawyer speak . No hidden meanings. I just fail to see how it is a violation of good customer service.

Goofyernmost

Im not looking for lawyer speak . No hidden meanings. I just fail to see how it is a violation of good customer service.
Need a scooter and then you will know. Until then you will not understand. As a person with a current disability, having help in dealing with this stuff means a lot to me. To others, not so much!

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Need a scooter and then you will know. Until then you will not understand. As a person with a current disability, having help in dealing with this stuff means a lot to me. To others, not so much!
I know plenty about the scooter issues. We travel a lot with my parents. My mother has had MS for years and is on crutches/scooter. I know the issues involved. I still dont see Disney as being in the wrong with this.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
We've all become accustomed to a certain level of service at WDW. They are now chipping away at that. Forgive me, but I consider that a violation of Disney's own previously set customer service standards.
Would you hire a car and expect Disney to keep the keys until you arrive. ?

Goofyernmost

I know plenty about the scooter issues. We travel a lot with my parents. My mother has had MS for years and is on crutches/scooter. I know the issues involved. I still dont see Disney as being in the wrong with this.
Then lets just drop it. It has little to any importance in either of our lives. We will just leave it at, it just seems wrong and you apparently don't think that, so life goes on. I have tried a couple of times to explain how I feel about it, and apparently I am not able to communicate properly on the topic. :)

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Then lets just drop it. It has little to any importance in either of our lives. We will just leave it at, it just seems wrong and you apparently don't think that, so life goes on. I have tried a couple of times to explain how I feel about it, and apparently I am not able to communicate properly on the topic. :)
I will agree to disagree with you sir. And respect your opinion also 👍

EOD K9

You know who I feel for the most? Kingdom Strollers. I rented from them quite often. They most likely named their company because of the Disney connection. Now they are booted to the curb. They have lost preferred vendor status and have to just meet with their clients on site. Pity. <some sarcasm here>

LSLS

So I fully admit I haven't dealt with this, so I dont know this answer. Is there a reason you would need to use a specific mobility company?

Goofyernmost

So I fully admit I haven't dealt with this, so I dont know this answer. Is there a reason you would need to use a specific mobility company?
It depends on how you look at it. If Disney will allow that delivery for companies that have intertwined with Disney, financially and not allow others in then competition can be burdened really bad. Cost is the primary incentive for picking a company because one scooter is about the same as any other quality wise**, but, if Disney won't allow them to receive a delivery without their being present to sign for it, then anyone that uses those companies are forced to use the one and pay more for the one that will be allowed. It's either that or possibly lose time at a park with family because they had to be there to accept it. I don't know how it is all going to work out, but, something smells bad about it. If one is allowed to drop them off without a required presence then they all should be allowed. Disney has no liability in it at all unless it is an error on the part of an employee (cast member) screws it up somehow or the other.

However, like I said before, it is time to let this go. None of it is the end of the world, just one more straw on the proverbial camels back. It won't change my way of using it because I don't stay in Disney Resorts mostly because of price gouging. However, others may be really inconvenienced.
Renting a Disney scooter in the park is far more expensive and can be unavailable so someone that truly needs one can find themselves without a way of touring so they will rent from an outside agency.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
If it was something they'd been doing for years and I was accustomed to, yes.
Then you are a far more trusting person than me. I would want to be there to check for any problems / damage to the thing i was collecting. I don't want to get stiffed for something i didn't do.

LSLS

It depends on how you look at it. If Disney will allow that delivery for companies that have intertwined with Disney, financially and not allow others in then competition can be burdened really bad. Cost is the primary incentive for picking a company because one scooter is about the same as any other quality wise**, but, if Disney won't allow them to receive a delivery without their being present to sign for it, then anyone that uses those companies are forced to use the one and pay more for the one that will be allowed. It's either that or possibly lose time at a park with family because they had to be there to accept it. I don't know how it is all going to work out, but, something smells bad about it. If one is allowed to drop them off without a required presence then they all should be allowed. Disney has no liability in it at all unless it is an error on the part of an employee (cast member) screws it up somehow or the other.

However, like I said before, it is time to let this go. None of it is the end of the world, just one more straw on the proverbial camels back. It won't change my way of using it because I don't stay in Disney Resorts mostly because of price gouging. However, others may be really inconvenienced.
Renting a Disney scooter in the park is far more expensive and can be unavailable so someone that truly needs one can find themselves without a way of touring so they will rent from an outside agency.

Oh I said in the beginning it's simply a money grab by Disney to get the companies to pay them more. No other reason passes the common sense test since they are allowing select vendors to continue. It definitely is a huge blow to small companies operating around Orlando. But other than it's probably going to cost more to rent scooters, I wasnt sure if it could have a larger impact on those who need them. I'm not defending Disney on this by any means.

DisneyJoe

Oh I said in the beginning it's simply a money grab by Disney to get the companies to pay them more. No other reason passes the common sense test since they are allowing select vendors to continue. It definitely is a huge blow to small companies operating around Orlando. But other than it's probably going to cost more to rent scooters, I wasnt sure if it could have a larger impact on those who need them. I'm not defending Disney on this by any means.
At least so far, the pricing I am seeing for ECVs is lower, with a lower cost per day the more days you rent.

Minnesota disney fan

Okay, I don't have a dog in this race. But, I do have an opinion, for what it's worth:)
I think that the huge increase in renting ECV's, wheelchairs and strollers is the main reason for this. Also a lot of people preorder food items to be delivered. That has to be a Big increase in the work of the bell services department. Right or wrong, I think that is the main reason behind this at this time.

LSLS

Okay, I don't have a dog in this race. But, I do have an opinion, for what it's worth:)
I think that the huge increase in renting ECV's, wheelchairs and strollers is the main reason for this. Also a lot of people preorder food items to be delivered. That has to be a Big increase in the work of the bell services department. Right or wrong, I think that is the main reason behind this at this time.

Then why would they still allow it if you use a certain vendor?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom