New route for March of the First Order at Disney's Hollywood Studios

HoldenC

Good riddance. A waste of resources now that SWGE is opening. Purge the rest of the park of the Star Wars junk and confine it to Galaxy's Edge. A shame the Star Wars Fashion Show in the hub area isnt getting axed too

JohnD

I do agree. As much as we enjoyed the march, once SWGE opens, it will definitely be best to keep all the Star Wars characters and street entertainment there and maintain the ambience of the other areas of the park.

Makes sense. MOTFO are supposed to really be Phasma and her guards. Makes sense to put it SW:GE if they put it in there at all. SW:AGFFA is a show about the Star Wars franchise so wouldn't be appropriate in SW:GE but remain on the center stage.

NoChesterHester

Why close this 7 weeks before SWGE opens? Giving up on summer, Disney?

Could be creating a tad bit of scarcity before the big event. Withdraw at least for a bit and make the character interactions more novel again when it opens.

Or they could be just cutting operational cost ahead of GE opening with a low attendance summer...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The march was fine, but agreed it happened WAY too often to be special and not just annoying. it should have been 2-3 times a day MAX

TrainsOfDisney

Side note.... how much would it have cost to create a little extension of the Star Tours area and build a place for the “museum” and meet and greets, stage show, and roaming / marching storm troopers? This could have been a little mini-star wars land while galaxies edge was being built and it wouldn’t have plopped Star Wars characters in the middle of Hollywood and Animation Courtyard.

Seems like the meet and greets could have gone where you meet Olaf and Minnie.... so that’s one step down. The video they play could have gone in old sounds dangerous. And the displays / gift shop could have gone in sounds dangerous exit. Ok.... so just open up the old parade doors and make a little courtyard back there?

Indy_UK

More importantly, surely this means that the terrible Galaxy Far Far away show is going away soon too.

I'm the biggest Star Wars fan but I want everything Star Wars which isn't in Galaxies Edge stripped away

mm52200

More importantly, surely this means that the terrible Galaxy Far Far away show is going away soon too.

I'm the biggest Star Wars fan but I want everything Star Wars which isn't in Galaxies Edge stripped away
Galaxy Far Far Away is staying for the time being, but who knows for how long.

dreamfinder

Why close this 7 weeks before SWGE opens? Giving up on summer, Disney?

Perhaps they are just going to be reassigned to SW:GE? And need time to train/familiarize with new roles prior to CM previews and then the AP previews? Thought DLR CMs started training 4-6 weeks before open, so it's not impossible.

moodyquesadilla

Makes sense. MOTFO are supposed to really be Phasma and her guards. Makes sense to put it SW:GE if they put it in there at all. SW:AGFFA is a show about the Star Wars franchise so wouldn't be appropriate in SW:GE but remain on the center stage.

Unfortunately I don't think they'll be able to use her in SWGE. Things happening in Batuu are confirmed to canonically take place between TLJ and TROS - Phasma is gone by this point.

nickys

Premium Member

Agree about that stupid show.

I’d hate to see Jedi Training go though. Kids love that, and so do parents. Eldest is still miffed his little brother got to do it and he was too old. And since some fans insist it can’t possibly take place in SW:GE, I hope it stays.

ImperfectPixie

Agree about that stupid show.

I’d hate to see Jedi Training go though. Kids love that, and so do parents. Eldest is still miffed his little brother got to do it and he was too old. And since some fans insist it can’t possibly take place in SW:GE, I hope it stays.
I do too. Our oldest is heartbroken that he only got to do it once - and it's one of his favorite Disney memories. I'd hate for his younger brother to miss it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom