New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

Ripken10

Sorry to nitpick, but isn’t this supposed to be Andy’s artwork? How would he know about Stinky Pete enough to use him in artwork? He never came home with them in TS2 and Woody had no idea Woody’s Roundup even existed which makes the audience assume Andy does not know about it either. Or is this a round up play set? I guess that would make sense but then why would Buttercup, Bonnie’s toy be represented? I am so confused…
I was under the assumption Andy did watch Woody's Roundup and that's why he got the toys. While there is some toys my son plays with while watching, he doesn't do that with most of his toys (in fact, Star wars is the only toy I tend to see my son play with while watching). So it is perfectly reasonable to assume a kid will watch a show without that toy around.

note2001

I won't allow myself to get excited over yet another overpriced, mass produced meat and pasta dining location.

The decor is silly (okay, it's toy story land, forgiven)
The food in disney's own promo video looked grey and unappetizing.
The dining area seems like it's going to be excessively loud with children.
Even the jar/pie deserts look like they found yet another way to cheap out on the food and make it easier to mass produce.

JohnD

I won't allow myself to get excited over yet another overpriced, mass produced meat and pasta dining location.

The decor is silly (okay, it's toy story land, forgiven)
The food in disney's own promo video looked grey and unappetizing.
The dining area seems like it's going to be excessively loud with children.
I have an ADR in April. It's possible its a one-and-done but worth a try. I could report back but we'll probably hear back soon enough after it opens 3/23.

What else would you expect from Andy?

This is another Dinoland USA situation. Sure, the theming is authentic: Dinoland really looks like a crummy parking lot carnival, and Roundup Rodeo BBQ really looks like a shoddy cardboard box.

The problem is that—no matter how painstakingly Imagineers build a crumbling parking lot or a cardboard box—neither are places people want to visit. When the core idea is bad, it can't be saved by careful execution.

Roundup Rodeo BBQ should have been a Lincoln Log cabin.

JohnD

This is another Dinoland USA situation. Sure, the theming is authentic: Dinoland really looks like a crummy parking lot carnival, and Roundup Rodeo BBQ really looks like a shoddy cardboard box.

The problem is that—no matter how painstakingly Imagineers build a crumbling parking lot or a cardboard box—neither are places people want to visit. When the core idea is bad, it can't be saved by careful execution.

I can see that. Use that theme only on the exterior entrance side. Then apply fake half logs to the interior inside.

note2001

Love the Lincoln Log idea, but disney's budget was probably more on par with the cardboard box. (Does the Andy even own Lincoln logs? I want to say yes, but cannot find any images of them in the movie.)

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Ok, I get this is going down the rabbit hole again but....
Its a back yard set up by a child, he is creating these things with what he has to work with. So now Disney gets dinged cause a child designed a restaurant out of a card board box and crayoned art on it?

Its toy story land folks, and its Andy's back yard. Its toys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom