New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

Bocabear

Wasn't woody the toy version of a marionette that had a children's TV show? I thought there was a tv show tie in to the actual toy product in the storyline.... If so, wouldn't the restaurant have been better to have looked like the TV show sets instead of cut-outs and more scattered toys? Seems like they could create a more engaging setting if the interior was a cartoon Western tv show...forever at sunset like some of the Disney restaurants are perpetual night time... Cartoon rendered Western environments, a stable, barn, plains in the distance and cartoon rock features... Make the restaurant a setting where Woody and Jessie would live... that sort of thing. The giant christmas lights and cut out toys is really played out.
1659709740491.png

that sort of thing...but not that exactly... lol THAT is the sort of place that would be a must-do for a meal.... not another room of the Toy Story Mania queue...

Club Cooloholic

Wasn't woody the toy version of a marionette that had a children's TV show? I thought there was a tv show tie in to the actual toy product in the storyline.... If so, wouldn't the restaurant have been better to have looked like the TV show sets instead of cut-outs and more scattered toys? Seems like they could create a more engaging setting if the interior was a cartoon Western tv show...forever at sunset like some of the Disney restaurants are perpetual night time... Cartoon rendered Western environments, a stable, barn, plains in the distance and cartoon rock features... Make the restaurant a setting where Woody and Jessie would live... that sort of thing. The giant christmas lights and cut out toys is really played out.
View attachment 658194
that sort of thing...but not that exactly... lol THAT is the sort of place that would be a must-do for a meal.... not another room of the Toy Story Mania queue...
Based on the concept art, which is usually better than the finished product, I can't understand why this restaurant wasn't built in like 2 months tops lol.

Last edited:

Kevin_W

Based on the concept art, which is usually better than the finished product, I can't understand why this restaurant wasn't built in like 2 months tops lol.

Well, as I like to point out at times, there is Turkey Hill gas station 1-2 miles from my house that started construction in July 2021 and isn't open yet. Admittedly, it does have a convenience store and a car wash in addition to just the gas pumps... but 13 months for a gas station! Heck a BiBiBop (carbon copy of 30 other such restaurants) took 9 months near me.

Club Cooloholic

Well, as I like to point out at times, there is Turkey Hill gas station 1-2 miles from my house that started construction in July 2021 and isn't open yet. Admittedly, it does have a convenience store and a car wash in addition to just the gas pumps... but 13 months for a gas station! Heck a BiBiBop (carbon copy of 30 other such restaurants) took 9 months near me.
Yeah. Though they're could have been issues with the gas pumps, and it's not like other projects haven't gotten completed. That dumb cake restaurant will probably open before tou know it. Maybe. And we can be hopeful, it's taking longer because they realize how undrrwealming the concept was and how people really crave high themes so they are tweaking it.

James Alucobond

Yeah. Though they're could have been issues with the gas pumps, and it's not like other projects haven't gotten completed. That dumb cake restaurant will probably open before tou know it. Maybe. And we can be hopeful, it's taking longer because they realize how undrrwealming the concept was and how people really crave high themes so they are tweaking it.
The Cake Bake Shop will be operated by a third party and will likely not have to deal with the staffing issues of the resort at large. Why rush to complete this restaurant when they can’t currently staff everything else at Hollywood Studios?

Club Cooloholic

The Cake Bake Shop will be operated by a third party and will likely not have to deal with the staffing issues of the resort at large. Why rush to complete this restaurant when they can’t currently staff everything else at Hollywood Studios?
Well, they made sure the Space restaurant finally got open, and that was in a park with a plethora of sit down restaurants, especially compared to DHS, where somehow they managed to open to two entire new lands without providing one sit down in either.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

This. They are struggling to fill positions all over WDW in every line of business. The one thing they do have coming up now is that they can reassign all those cast members in the world showcase who were placeholders for the international cast members that are arriving now.

James Alucobond

OK, Shays your point? Is there a reason Disney can't find waitstaff as well as Patina?
Patina has been at several job fairs as well and is probably struggling to some degree, but I would imagine satisfying their commitment to Disney World ranks high on their to-do list. Disney is simultaneously trying to staff the entire resort, and they probably don't want to over-hire cast that they might have to cut in the future once currently constrained sources of staffing return in full force (international program, for instance).

UNCgolf

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom