Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
However Dinoland and Pandora tp me seem as if they may be the most likely options. Pandora expansion is marketable and honestly necessary given how underwhelming the dark ride is, and Dinoland is obvious in that it needs to totally change. Maybe something there, or maybe a replacement.

I wouldn't say the Pandora Dark Ride is really underwhelming. It only feels that way because of the long waits and the hype. It's a solid (if imperfect) C Ticket that warrants a 20 minute wait. 30 in summer. It's only dissapointing because of people who wait an hour and a half expecting an E like Pirates.

UNCgolf

I wouldn't say the Pandora Dark Ride is really underwhelming. It only feels that way because of the long waits and the hype. It's a solid (if imperfect) C Ticket that warrants a 20 minute wait. 30 in summer. It's only dissapointing because of people who wait an hour and a half expecting an E like Pirates.

I agree -- I actually thought it was a very good ride for what it was; it's just too short. I probably wouldn't be happy if I waited two hours to ride it, but I'm looking forward to riding it again. I liked it.

I started to say I'd save underwhelming for a ride like The Little Mermaid, but underwhelming is too good for that travesty.

ToTBellHop

I agree -- I actually thought it was a very good ride for what it was; it's just too short. I probably wouldn't be happy if I waited two hours to ride it, but I'm looking forward to riding it again. I liked it.

I started to say I'd save underwhelming for a ride like The Little Mermaid, but underwhelming is too good for that travesty.
I routinely wait 10 min for that and find it worth that wait. It’s better than Snow White and Pooh, IMHO. The ride just doesn’t live up to the E ticket queue.

sWANNISAX

What if the reason primeval whirl is still closed is because they decided not to fix it and they are going ahead with a Dino plan so it just makes sense to cut their losses.

ToTBellHop

What if the reason primeval whirl is still closed is because they decided not to fix it and they are going ahead with a Dino plan so it just makes sense to cut their losses.
Unlikely with how the closure is being incrementally extended. They would not purposely allow guests to book FP+ only to have them reassigned, so this suggests repair work of an uncertain timetable (likely due to parts). Doesn’t mean the ride can’t close in 6 months or 6 years. I’d be surprised if it’s still around in 10, but I’ve been surprised by their laziness in the past.

UNCgolf

I routinely wait 10 min for that and find it worth that wait. It’s better than Snow White and Pooh, IMHO. The ride just doesn’t live up to the E ticket queue.

I assume you're referring to Little Mermaid -- I agree that it's better than Pooh (Pooh deserves so much better) and fine for a short wait. It's probably better than Mine Train if you take the wait into consideration, but if you could just walk on either I'd much rather ride Mine Train.

It's just that it's such a major property (kicked off the Renaissance!) and they did almost nothing with it. It's a handful of small scenes tied to each song in the movie, and one showpiece scene for Under the Sea -- but even in it the animatronics just look cheap. The whole ride looks like something they threw together in a few months rather than something that was part of a major expansion to the park.

lazyboy97o

Unlikely with how the closure is being incrementally extended. They would not purposely allow guests to book FP+ only to have them reassigned, so this suggests repair work of an uncertain timetable (likely due to parts). Doesn’t mean the ride can’t close in 6 months or 6 years. I’d be surprised if it’s still around in 10, but I’ve been surprised by their laziness in the past.
What kind of part would be broken on both at the same time and not available for a stock ride with several others operating around the world?

BlakeW39

Indiana Jones in Dinoland and a Pandora roller coaster have both been rumored before and sound like candidates for this announcement.

Pure speculation on my part: Last year we got a "Dino-Riffic" dance party with not only Donald, but Launchpad and Scrooge McDuck. An out-of-left field announcement would be DuckTales in Dinoland. It has similar qualities to Indiana Jones, but is more overtly "Disney". It would fit the OPs description of "about animals, but not really" and certainly raise eyebrows among pursuits, though other Disney fans would be thrilled by the idea.
I also wouldn't be surprised if Disney announced a Jungle Book overlay of Kali River Rapids at some point.

Yessir, I am aware both have been rumored. Indiana Jones I think could potentially work if Indy is studying the relationship between man and beast (be it extant or mythological). I wouldn't want to replace the presence of dinosaurs though; we need to keep extinct animals, it just needs to be done better. A Pandora coaster would be very exciting, but I still think Dinoland should be more of a focus... though I'd like both.

I don't doubt Disney would do something loke this but dear God please not Ducktales, seriously I am not an unreasonable purist but that should not replace Dinoland at all. I actually have not seen the show so I'd appreciate hearing whether or not it could fit on its own. OP said the ride fits similarly to how Pandora does I believe - and Pandora was worked in to fit. If they cared to that I lean to believe they'd care enough to make something good once again.

It isn't bad. But the fact that they blew their budget one one AA and it isn't an awesome fantastical dragon or creature is so, so painful. A blue person..yay.

Yeah
Magic Kingdom is getting a TL overhaul
Epcot is getting FW overhaul
DHS is rumored to get some more stuff
AK is currently just sitting there. But I think they are looking at AK like where can we put something that if they want to eat up the most crowds and spread them more evenly, they need more big rides in not so visited areas. Asia is visited a lot because of Kali and Expedition Everest and of course people go to the Safaris and Pandora.
But Dinoland and Rafiki’s planet watch are hardly visited and cared for by Disney.
I do expect them to maybe get rid of Dinoland and replace it with a India style area with Jungle Book attached, maybe Lion King can be put in the Pandora expansion if possible as a neat surprise as the show is next to the land if I am correct. They also could use the river going through the park/ closed boat ride.
Dinoland could be moved north of Asia for more room and maybe be inside a prehistoric area tied in with an Ice Age era of animals. Maybe the train for Rafiki can be shortened to this prehistoric area and that could be an entrance for a multi attraction using the train and Indy style vehicles in one ride like what RotR is doing, more then one experience in one ride. We don’t need a land but maybe a huge attraction for Zootopia.

All those plans seem convoluted. Why would they move FotLK to Pandora? And why would they make abother Indian area with Dinoland only to build Dinoland again next to Asia #1? Lol am I reading this wrong?

Animaniac93-98

I don't doubt Disney would do something loke this but dear God please not Ducktales, seriously I am not an unreasonable purist but that should not replace Dinoland at all. I actually have not seen the show so I'd appreciate hearing whether or not it could fit on its own. OP said the ride fits similarly to how Pandora does I believe - and Pandora was worked in to fit. If they cared to that I lean to believe they'd care enough to make something good once again.

It wouldn't replace Dinoland, nothing will IMO. They'd be fools to throw out a popular ride like Dinosaur, but various IPs could be worked into the land (like Indy). We know a trend in WDI is finding ways to put new characters in existing attractions.

Tank Man

Yessir, I am aware both have been rumored. Indiana Jones I think could potentially work if Indy is studying the relationship between man and beast (be it extant or mythological). I wouldn't want to replace the presence of dinosaurs though; we need to keep extinct animals, it just needs to be done better. A Pandora coaster would be very exciting, but I still think Dinoland should be more of a focus... though I'd like both.

It isn't bad. But the fact that they blew their budget one one AA and it isn't an awesome fantastical dragon or creature is so, so painful. A blue person..yay.

All those plans seem convoluted. Why would they move FotLK to Pandora? And why would they make abother Indian area with Dinoland only to build Dinoland again next to Asia #1? Lol am I reading this wrong?
Lol,
I meant by making a full on new Dinoland with upgraded and better theming with some inspiration from the original version will be cool as well as Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures need more representation.
By FotLK I meant maybe a ride in the expansion area there as that (if I am correct) is technology apart of Africa and it is next to FotLK and maybe a Lion King ride could go their instead but AK may not get a new ride until Avatar 2 comes out right after the 50th so that might just be for Pandora.

Tank Man

It wouldn't replace Dinoland, nothing will IMO. They'd be fools to throw out a popular ride like Dinosaur, but various IPs could be worked into the land (like Indy). We know a trend in WDI is finding ways to put new characters in existing attractions.
Dinosaur is a mid popular attraction.
It is overshadowed by FoP and maybe EE but whatever. I do love the ride but it’s original plans are amazing with raptors, more and bigger Dinos and a giant bridge scene.
I wish they rebuilt the CtE ride as “Countdown to Extinction” and maybe fix the story as instead the guests machine gets attacked in a journey through the Jurassic Period and get sent to the extinction of the Dino’s because of the malfunction and feature more Dinos and maybe the raptor attack would be nice.

BlakeW39

Count me as a member of the “Ducktales would be pretty great in Dinoland” camp. They could absolutely make it work.

Nothing should replace Dinoland unless it is more dinosaurs. Dinosaurs *must* remain an integral part of the park in some way. It is important to have extant, extinct, and non-existant animals all there.

However can you explain to me what Ducktales is and if it could fit in the park at all? I know it isn't like (the IP who shall not be named) but I also do not know if it fits the bill.

Lol,
I meant by making a full on new Dinoland with upgraded and better theming with some inspiration from the original version will be cool as well as Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures need more representation.
By FotLK I meant maybe a ride in the expansion area there as that (if I am correct) is technology apart of Africa and it is next to FotLK and maybe a Lion King ride could go their instead but AK may not get a new ride until Avatar 2 comes out right after the 50th so that might just be for Pandora.

Ah. A Lion King ride in Africa would be cool, personally I would vote on a flume, and I think it would be better than a Jungle Book ride for a number of reasons. I totally agree with you on the prehistoric fauna bit - it should not only remain but be expanded upon.

I agree. But there have been talks from numerous insiders to suggest to me that Indy is not going to DAK, but rather to DHS if anywhere. I don't believe it will be Indy. I also don't know if they'd do anything new with dinosaurs. Even though dinosaurs will always be massively appealing to just about everyone, Disney has to no good dinosaur IP to *add* to the parks - I can however see them keeping Dinosaur.

thequeuelinelectures

I heard a few months back that Zootopia was not being considered for AK in any form. Plans change but if something were to be announced at D23 I wouldn’t hold your breath for Zootopia

Cmdr_Crimson

It's Ren and Stimpy with Disney characters. Low-brow trashy humor and crude drawings. Too much slapstick and the pace is frantic.
Uhhh...They tried that well before that...Anyone remember this?
schnookums_and_meat_funny_cartoon_show.jpg

nickys

Premium Member
What kind of part would be broken on both at the same time and not available for a stock ride with several others operating around the world?

Well if they are replacing the restraints to be individual ones, as speculated could be the case, it would take time to do every ride vehicle. Even if they’re doing it themselves.

BlakeW39

I heard a few months back that Zootopia was not being considered for AK in any form. Plans change but if something were to be announced at D23 I wouldn’t hold your breath for Zootopia

Zootopia doesn't even deserve to be talked about. I have to believe that even Walt Disney wouldn't do something that awful in one of the parks. Guardians is far from ideal but even close to that bad.

Also, reading the first page or so of this thread, I don't want to let this thread fall into that madness lol

I would bet on something to do with Pandora. Pandora attracts a crowd wouldn't a 3rd ride make sense?

Ya, Dinoland is bad. The play ground there is great. My kids could spend hours there.

Well yes Pandora attracts a crowd so what you want is an E somewhere else like, say, Dinoland, to detract guests from FoP and to the newer ride. And they don't have to abandon Dinosaur or the bone dig to breathe new life into the sad land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom