New Retro Shirts at Mouse Gear!!

Figment82

Original Poster
Hope this hasn't been posted - did a quick run-through and didn't see it...

But much to everyone's complete surprise, two new retro (isn't that a great oxymoron?) Epcot Center shirts arrived at Mouse Gear yesterday. I own both of them, and can have photos up in the morning. They are both exact replicas of original 80's era shirts, so most of you will probably be able to visualize them right away.

The first one is yellow, with SSE flanked by palm trees. Below it in large blue letters reads "EPCOT Center" surrounded by a box.

The second one is a white three-quarters sleeved shirt with red sleeves. The Flower logo is repeated in rainbow colors in a straight line across the chest. The Epcot Center font is the one similar to the font used on the wand (remember the discussion that was held earlier about that font's origins).

Looks like XXL is the largest size that they come in, but that may change over time. Like I said, I'll have photos in the morning (and I can include SKU's as well, but I am guessing they will be store-exclusive like the last ones).

xtimMOOthyx

AHHHHHHHHHH! This makes me so happy! I have been watching both of these shirts on eBay, and have not been able to get either! Looks like I will be owning one of each soon. Thanks for the news...and I'm looking forward to the pictures! Keep the vintage shirts coming!!

TheBeatles

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying to win that vintage yellow t-shirt forever. I'd still like a vintage EPCOT Center tee as opposed to a new one.

cb3k

Thanks a bunch, I can't wait to grab one for myself...I'm thinking that I am gonna go for the yellow vintage SSE with the Palms, as for the red and white with RAINBOW spanned across my chest...Hmmmmm..may have to hold out.

cymbaldiva

Thanks for the great news - can't wait to see the photos of them!

Please let them be there in Septmenber, please let them be there in September... :)

Disney_Freak429

I wake up on my B-Day to see that we have 2 new retro shirts out I love it!!! *waits for pics* looks like I will need even more cash for the 25th. Happy B-Day to me more retro goodness. :) But on the bad news I saw the WOL hell with the signs gone. Looks like I win some lose some.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying to win that vintage yellow t-shirt forever. I'd still like a vintage EPCOT Center tee as opposed to a new one.
we have probably been in some bidding wars together. id like to say that i won it... but i havent. i just cant go over $25. sometimes you get lucky and no one is paying attention when somehting like that comes up.

so am i understanding this correctly, they are going to have this in MouseGears? if so.... ill be calling GR.

WDWFigment

As someone who watches (and buys) retro EPCOT Center shirts on eBay, I can tell you all a few things.

First, there is a 99.9% chance the link SewIn2Disney posted is the correct shirt; unless there is some other shirt almost identical to it that I've never seen.

Second, although you may think the quality of Disney merchandise has gone down over the years, the yellow shirt was originally very thin and very prone to shrinking. Unless they emulated the material of the shirt too, a new one is likely to be of higher quality.

Third, due to the shrinking, and the general style of tighter shirts back when the yellow one was released, anyone who wears a size L or greater would have a tough time fitting into one of the older shirts. I normally wear a size Small, and when I order the vintage shirts, I get large usually, and those fit me well.

Cool find! Hopefully they will release a blue, "21st Century starts..." with SSE (most of you should know the design about which I'm talking) shirt soon. In my opinion, that one is best!

EDIT: Or maybe they will start selling this shirt (my all time favorite and top 'steal' off eBay at only $10.49 plus shipping!):
249a_1.JPG

Sizes?

Are the shirts 100% cotton or the retro super soft 50/50? I hope 100% cotton because I love the retro shirts but I wear an extra large and in the super soft 50/50, XL is way too tight and I have NEVER seen a XXL! I want both of these shirts! I just hope they come in larger size. You know, regular size people like to wear the emo look too!?!? LOL

angelfaerie52

Are these shirts in a "regular" cut or do they have a "girl" fitted cut, too? Or maybe some of the fitted cut shirts left? I am going to Epcot on Thursday (!!!) and would love to pick up something... the days of waiitng for this finally over...

cb3k

As someone who watches (and buys) retro EPCOT Center shirts on eBay, I can tell you all a few things.

First, there is a 99.9% chance the link SewIn2Disney posted is the correct shirt; unless there is some other shirt almost identical to it that I've never seen.

Second, although you may think the quality of Disney merchandise has gone down over the years, the yellow shirt was originally very thin and very prone to shrinking. Unless they emulated the material of the shirt too, a new one is likely to be of higher quality.

Third, due to the shrinking, and the general style of tighter shirts back when the yellow one was released, anyone who wears a size L or greater would have a tough time fitting into one of the older shirts. I normally wear a size Small, and when I order the vintage shirts, I get large usually, and those fit me well.

Cool find! Hopefully they will release a blue, "21st Century starts..." with SSE (most of you should know the design about which I'm talking) shirt soon. In my opinion, that one is best!

EDIT: Or maybe they will start selling this shirt (my all time favorite and top 'steal' off eBay at only $10.49 plus shipping!):
249a_1.JPG
HAHAHA...I sure hope this isn't the "Large" that you were referring to in the post.

WDWFigment

HAHAHA...I sure hope this isn't the "Large" that you were referring to in the post.

That shirt was tagged a medium. It fits like an extra-small. My Figment shirt is tagged a large and fits like a muscle fit small (think small from an Abercrombie Co. brand).

Number_6

249a_1.JPG

Dude! I had that shirt when I was a kid! I also had one with Figment dressed as Indiana Jones, swinging one a rope/whip/vine(I can't remember which) that said "Looking for Adventure." :lol:

WDWFigment

Dude! I had that shirt when I was a kid! I also had one with Figment dressed as Indiana Jones, swinging one a rope/whip/vine(I can't remember which) that said "Looking for Adventure." :lol:

:eek: Are you serious?! That shirt sounds AWESOME! Do you still by any chance have the shirt, or any pictures of it? (perhaps some old vacation pictures from a day you wore it?) I would really like to see it!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom