New restaurant mask rule

crawale

Why when the mask mandate has been eliminated in FL does WDW still require them? I know people come from all over the world to go to WDW but people from all over the world also go to FL and do not include theme parks in their vacations.
There was never a mask mandate for the state. Individual counties and towns have their own rules and of course businesses have their own rules.

Walt Disney1955

I like to hear what people think. You can dislike what’s being said but it’s pretty presumptuous to say nobody cares.

I'm with him. And there are lots of people like this. I keep an eye on Disney as well as other theme parks to see who will be the first one to drop the mask mandate. I suspect it'll go like dominoes after this. For example, if Universal wants the jump on Disney they'll do it first. I have Dollywood in mind as perhaps the first one. Since there are already, what, 17, 18 states that don't require a mask mandate including Florida I am hoping this thing goes the way of the dodo bird and they can have it just as optional and nothing more. There will still be people wearing them, but that can be their choice how they want to be on vacation. We live in Canada, there are far more draconian measures here than in the States with masks and such. So you can probably understand why we wouldn't want to pay good money to go on vacation just to wear masks in the hot sun that we have to replace every hour or two because they get too moist. Not a fun way to go through the Magic Kingdom. So yeah, we're one of those ones too that are waiting for the mask mandates to become optional so we can enjoy ourselves.

LittleBuford

Going to a theme park is one of the safest things you can do.
No, it isn’t. I’m not going to opine one way or the other as to whether people should be going to theme parks, but the claim that it’s one of the safest things you can do simply isn’t true.

The lowest risk level assigned by the CDC to going to an amusement parks is “moderate”, and that’s with everyone remaining six feet apart:

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
It's disheartening that people can't ask valid questions about Disney's policies and request examples of how they are being interpreted/enforced without the thread being turned into a fruitless mask debate. It happens so frequently that I can't help but wonder whether the same people show up to deliberately sabotage threads that could lead to answers they don't want to hear because those answers conflict with their own personal views.

Chi84

Premium Member
If you’re unwilling to wear a mask until your drinks/appetizers/orders come, stay home.
The issue is that other people are interpreting the rule to mean that people have to put on masks between courses or after you are finished eating and waiting for the check. I think its valuable to hear from people who have actually dined at table service restaurants and experienced Disney's own interpretation of the rule. If I had a nickel for every time a poster here advised others to "stay home" I would have enough to finance WDW trips for the remainder of my lifetime. To me, it just sounds rude.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Yet another case of guests abusing cast members instead of staying home because they don't like the mask rules. Why is this still happening?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yet another case of guests abusing cast members instead of staying home because they don't like the mask rules. Why is this still happening?

I hope some jail time and a lifetime ban happen

Archie123

There are a lot of emboldened people out there for several reasons.

Chi84

Premium Member
But the topic is mask use
firefly GIF
If that’s the case, it won’t be missed. I was hoping to find out a bit about how Disney was implementing the change in language regarding its restaurants. I already know what the same handful of people keep posting about masks, and the mods have made it pretty clear that mask debates are not welcome.

Lilofan

If that’s the case, it won’t be missed. I was hoping to find out a bit about how Disney was implementing the change in language regarding its restaurants. I already know what the same handful of people keep posting about masks, and the mods have made it pretty clear that mask debates are not welcome.
Disney must be going through a very challenging time enforcing mask rules especially if guests have been drinking a lot and may not be on their best behavior.

Chi84

Premium Member
Disney must be going through a very challenging time enforcing mask rules especially if guests have been drinking a lot and may not be on their best behavior.
Other than the Epcot festivals and conventions, I'm always surprised to hear about intoxicated guests at Disney. It just doesn't seem to be the place to go to get drunk, from either a social or financial perspective.

As far as mask-wearing in restaurants, I'm sure that getting guests who are drinking to comply with mask-wearing could be more difficult than enforcing rules with people getting on rides in the parks, but who knows?

Giss Neric

This new rule is not new as we have been doing this already. If you are seated on a table, we don't take off our masks immediately. We read through the menu and talk a bit but are masks are still on. When we are ready to order, we are ordering/talking to the waiter with our masks on. Now, when the service water or appetizers arrives, then that is the time we take them off.

I don't think wearing them between waiting for each course is necessary. As long as the food/drinks arrive until you're done paying, you could have them off. Once you leave your table put them back on. Is that really hard to do?

Chi84

Premium Member
This new rule is not new as we have been doing this already. If you are seated on a table, we don't take off our masks immediately. We read through the menu and talk a bit but are masks are still on. When we are ready to order, we are ordering/talking to the waiter with our masks on. Now, when the service water or appetizers arrives, then that is the time we take them off.

I don't think wearing them between waiting for each course is necessary. As long as the food/drinks arrive until you're done paying, you could have them off. Once you leave your table put them back on. Is that really hard to do?
Not at all - makes sense and works for you. Although the restaurants we visit usually have someone bring water as soon as we’re seated. Probably only makes a difference of a few minutes.

Giss Neric

Not at all - makes sense and works for you. Although the restaurants we visit usually have someone bring water as soon as we’re seated. Probably only makes a difference of a few minutes.
Oh yeah some restaurants bring in the water as soon as we are seated. Well, in my family, no one are water drinkers anyways except me so I'm the one usually drinking them immediately. The rest just waits for their drinks.

TokyoMiki

At Cali Grill nobody harassed us or said anything about mask rules. And those annoying things were off immediately once at table. And stayed off entirely. We spent a long time there, long enough to see new recruits be seated at neighboring tables only to watch them change over again.

I watched 2 uncovered make their way to the restroom unmolested by staff.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Went out to eat tonight. Preferred outdoor seating, but it was full, so requested a table away from others.

Wore our masks from the sidewalk to our table. Kept them on while ordering drinks. Drinks came, but we weren't starting to drink yet, so kept them on while ordering dinner. This was not difficult, awkward, uncomfortable, or inconvenient.

It was respectful of and courteous to our server, who wore a mask the entire time.

We put our masks back on when finished (had already paid by leaving my cc on the table about two-thirds of the way through the meal) and exited.

Why do people have a problem with this?

Why would I do less than this at WDW where there is higher traffic and higher risk? No one will have to ask me to do anything. But maybe that's just me - I don't want to accidentally kill someone, and I don't think "getting away with something" or "taking a stand" are more important than the health of my server or others. #adulting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom