New refurbs (Snow/Splash)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Splash was NOT shut down 2 years ago when we went in February but think we went Presidents Day week...so maybe it had been down in January...mistake going then cause we hated the crowds. Last year think it was shut til Jan 27th so we got it for 1/2 of our stay. Darn Darn Darn this year we shall not see it at all unless they finish early.....:lookaroun....could happen...know it needs to be done...but can't even break it to the children or I will have to listen to moaning and groaning for months. Best to wait til we are there and they have some distractions going on.....:king:

Paul06TC

Oh Bob Saget!!

The Dancing Ducks Ride (Splash Mountain) is the girlfriends (will be my wife in 2 weeks from today) most favorite ride. This bums me out now....Kinda ruins the whole fun of going to WDW...me and her were planning to ride this ride about 10 times while we were going to be down there.

becca-becca

We went in January of 2006 during MLK weekend and Splash Mountain was not down.

Last year we went the week after MLK weekend and it was down from January 1 to January 27. We missed it. It was supposed to come back up maybe on our last day, but it didn't.

This year we are going January 25-Feb 2 and it is down again.

It is my favorite ride and I am so disappointed. I wish they would put it down for a really long time and do a major refurb so maybe they won't have to do so often, or schedule more frequent, smaller ones to keep it up.

Lauralee

I hope they put new boats on Splash Mountain. When I was there a few weeks ago, I sat in front and I didn't want to hold on because there was mold and the bars were literally falling apart (Like someone had scratched the moldy part away). It was gross.

noname70

I agree - WDW should consider the fact that some people must vacation at the same time each year and therefore vary the refurb schedule. This is very poor planning and short sighted management in my opinion.

Prof Ecks

Closed on January 1?

Last year, SP was actually open on January 1st. My son and I did R&RRC and SM on January 1st (our first day there). We ran around to do both rides because they actually closed on January 2nd. Is that going to be the case again this year? If you arrive on January 1, will SP be open that day?

thanks

Prof Ecks

I have no idea why I wrote SP instead of SM, but can someone let me know if Splash Mountain will be operating on January 1, like it did last year, or will it be closed ON January 1.

thanks

KingStefan

According to the official WDW site calendar, it will be down 1-31 Jan. But you are right, it does not seem to make sense for it to shut down on 1 Jan. These things are variable - maybe you'll be lucky.

Maybe and insider can answer more definitively. Anybody?

kucarachi

refurb newsletter

I made these same comments back in July, when i heard that SSE, HM, & RnRC, would all be shut down during the same week in september. Seems like everyone is being more kind this time around, maybe now that its effecting everyones trip the boo hoo hankercheif club is starting to feel a little sympathy? I still feel that its the middle of oct, jan is less than 2 1/2 months away and thats not enough notice. Unless egyptian sandstorms are coming in and taking all the paint off and breaking rides, i still stick with the statement that they should have 6 months notice for any ride and up to a year if more than 2 E-ticket rides are shut down. Because maybe you cant have it all, but if your planning a trip for 1st timers you'd like to know if the one thing they want to ride is going to be down or not....its not like everyone can afford to come back every year like some of us do. For some its once in a lifetime and a better system of heads up refurb would be nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom