New range of Walt Disney quote T-Shirts at Mouse Gear

FigmentJedi

When there are Disney shirts, there will be the complimentary pin/pin set. :D

400000064079.jpg

Again, it's just stupid and horribly disrespectful of them to bring Kermit into this.

I know this thread is pretty old, but what happened to these shirts? I saw them at the parks for awhile, but as of at least a couple months ago, they weren't there anymore...

Magenta Panther

I'm all for new merchandise. But the Kermit shirt doesn't sit right with me for some reason. I'm a Disney fan and Muppet fan. So its not that I'm opposed to either brand or characters. In fact I'd love more Muppet stuff.

I guess I feel that a quote of Disney's should belong with a Disney created character (lets face it, there are plenty to choose from). Not one that was gained in a corporate merger. If they wanted to do a Jim Henson quote, fine, but for everything that Disney did create, he didn't create Kermit.

I guess its only a matter of time before there's a Spiderman shirt with a Walt DIsney quote on it.

Brother, you spoke for me. This is what I'm talking about...Eisner and Iger buying properties that DON'T BELONG WITH DISNEY IN THE FIRST PLACE and then shoehorning them into the Disney pantheon. It's not just tacky, it's stupid. That frog shirt makes me want to :hurl:

Magenta Panther

This. They should be a little more respectful of Jim and make some quote T-Shirts of him too. He was at Walt's level and he deserves that.

I strongly disagree with that statement. If he were at Walt's level, he'd have built his own theme parks at which to sell Kermit shirts. :ROFLOL:

Magenta Panther

If they're going to make t-shirts with Walt's quotes on them, they should also have Walt's picture. I bet they'd sell better if they did. Heck, I'd buy one.

Tigger1988

Brother, you spoke for me. This is what I'm talking about...Eisner and Iger buying properties that DON'T BELONG WITH DISNEY IN THE FIRST PLACE and then shoehorning them into the Disney pantheon. It's not just tacky, it's stupid. That frog shirt makes me want to :hurl:

Yeah, Walt never bought properties that weren't Disney made. He totally came up with Winnie the Pooh, Mary Poppins and others. :rolleyes:

MarkTwain

Yeah, interesting. :rolleyes:

Or wholly inappropriate, to be more accurate.

I strongly disagree with that statement. If he were at Walt's level, he'd have built his own theme parks at which to sell Kermit shirts. :ROFLOL:

Correct. He wasn't Walt's and none of Walt's philosophy had anything to do with his creation.

Plus Mickey outclasses him by a mile IMO.

If they're going to make t-shirts with Walt's quotes on them, they should also have Walt's picture. I bet they'd sell better if they did. Heck, I'd buy one.

Oh good, Magenta Panther found the thread.

jt04

It is geat to see the Mavel mechandise in the WDW parks including Spiderman! And kudos to Universal for marketing and selling these great Disney products in their parks also.

Way to go IoA! :sohappy:

Sorry, just had to say it. :D

BoardwalkGlenn

I know this thread is pretty old, but what happened to these shirts? I saw them at the parks for awhile, but as of at least a couple months ago, they weren't there anymore...

I was on the hunt for the "why do we have to grow up" shirt when I was there in May. They were no longer in the parks. I did find the other 3 shirts in 2 different Disney outlet stores in Orlando, but of course not the one I wanted.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=571674

I did get my Mickey gnome however :slurp:

Magenta Panther

And of course, don't forget the original creations of the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Tarzan.

So...you see no difference between Disney buying a fully-formed property, and Disney adapting a property and plussing it with the talents of its artists, writers and musicians, thereby making it its own? You see no difference between the Collodi version of Pinocchio, for instance, and the Disney version?

By the way, just for your edification, it's actually possible to disagree with someone's opinion without mocking them. You might try it sometime.

Magenta Panther

Yeah, Walt never bought properties that weren't Disney made. He totally came up with Winnie the Pooh, Mary Poppins and others. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Is it possible that you have no understanding of the difference between corporate acquisition and artistry? I could point out the elements that made Disney's versions of Snow White, Pinocchio, Mary Poppins and Pooh so distinctive, enjoyable and memorable that for many people they're the ONLY versions, because Disney's shaping of story, character and theme made them so. But we've been through this before, and you're apparently unable to grasp what I've tried to explain to you. Maybe you feel okay being a cheerleader for Iger, but you'd never catch me doing it.

I would applaud Disney reshaping the characters, story and theme of a worn property like the Muppets, because they could certainly use it. But Disney IMO could better invest the time and money elsewhere. Like, I don't know, fixing the Yeti in WDW and the dragon at DLR. For starters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom