New race to be announced in April

Wilt Dasney

On Clue 2...even if someone had deciphered it, that plaque also hangs at Magic Kingdom, even if it's original to Disneyland.

I didn't follow him at the end of that clue anyway. "Yesterday" and "tomorrow" I get and think is actually a bit clever, but then he added something like "with fantasy as the key" as if that accounts for the word "Fantasy" on the plaque. Um...wha?

Phonedave

On Clue 2...even if someone had deciphered it, that plaque also hangs at Magic Kingdom, even if it's original to Disneyland.

I didn't follow him at the end of that clue anyway. "Yesterday" and "tomorrow" I get and think is actually a bit clever, but then he added something like "with fantasy as the key" as if that accounts for the word "Fantasy" on the plaque. Um...wha?

Clue three sums that up nicely ...... crackpot

And is his loose bow tie bothering anybody else aside from me? Thats a pet peeve of mine, people who wear ties loose or have shirt collars that are the wrong size so a tie looks like crap. Hmmm, maybe there is some running OCD there after all :)

-dave

garyhoov

Trophy Husband

Ha! Great point (and I'll take your word for it since I'm not as big a Disney geek as you:lookaroun).

Imagine this clue:

Does that clue represent:

A. A Bird
B. A Cake
C. A Car

The answer is C. When I wrote it, I tried to make my mind as vague as the people writing these clues. Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States. He was killed in Ford's Theater. Ford is a car, therefore the clue pointed to car.

. . . but somebody could just as easily come up with logical routes to the other answers that make just as much sense (and I did so myself).

Alfred Hitchcock released The Birds in 1963.

16 could stand for a Sweet 16 birthday party which would be associated with a cake.

Wilt Dasney

At this point, unless the course is run at least partially on the moon and Scarlett Johanson, naked in a vat of bannana pudding is one of the prizes, I don't think the race will live up to the hype.:lookaroun

*sigh*

I had no idea how true these words would prove to be. :(

Ah, what might have been...

:lol:

MKCP 1985

I did send an e-mail to ask why they made the decision to be exclusionary. Disney guest relations is usually good to respond. Not so certain about the Disney Endurance races staff - they haven't been as well staffed and inquiries there don't go to the general guest relations lines, so a response is usually not the same day.

Any response will be passed along, for informational purposes.

The e-mail from RunDisney contains the following message: "Disneyland Resort becomes Never Land for a magical weekend especially for Fairies and Princesses. . . "

My e-message, word for word:

"Very disappointing announcement as I am neither a Fairy nor a Princess. As of today, 2 of 7 RunDisney events are specifically for women - what is the reason for that? "

Today's response, verbatim and un-edited:
"Doug-

Both men and women can participate in all of the weekend activities.

The overall theme for the weekend is Tinker Bell.

Thanks,

RunDisney "

:shrug:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
The e-mail from RunDisney contains the following message: "Disneyland Resort becomes Never Land for a magical weekend especially for Fairies and Princesses. . . "

"Very disappointing announcement as I am neither a Fairy nor a Princess. As of today, 2 of 7 RunDisney events are specifically for women - what is the reason for that? "

"Doug-

Thanks,

RunDisney "

:dazzle:

Doug, I will pay your entry fee if you run dressed as Tinker-Bell.:D

GoofyFan1

"Doug-

Thanks,

RunDisney "

Isn't it nice to know RunDisney cares so much about the way guys feel? They don't want to hear it, which is obvious from the Disney blog site that only has 16 comment and NONE of the is negative toward the race.

One woman on the runDisney FB page said the men should just "man up" and run it.

stranger

"Doug-

Thanks,

RunDisney "

2 out of 7 racing shirts will fit me properly, while 5 out 7 running shirts fit men properly. Men still come out ahead. :p

My one complaint is the way Disney hyped up this new “mysterious race” and everything leading up to the announcement. Very Lebron James of Disney. :lookaroun

MKCP 1985

2 out of 7 racing shirts will fit me properly, while 5 out 7 running shirts fit men properly. Men still come out ahead. :p

My one complaint is the way Disney hyped up this new “mysterious race” and everything leading up to the announcement. Very Lebron James of Disney. :lookaroun

send us a picture in that Tinkerbell shirt, will ya? :cool: :wave:

that is my second complaint - this January race will keep you in California instead of coming back to Florida to run the WDW Half. :cry:

Phonedave

send us a picture in that Tinkerbell shirt, will ya? :cool: :wave:

that is my second complaint - this January race will keep you in California instead of coming back to Florida to run the WDW Half. :cry:

Thats my major complaint. Too close to WDW Marathon Weekend.

I happen to have this thing called a job. I can't jet here and there on a whim to run in races. I have projects, deadlines, etc. Not to mention it gets expensive.

It being a 'womens' race really does not bother me. I think it is kind of silly, none of the women runners I talk to feel that 'normal' races are men centric. Maybe it makes more first time female runners (runners running for the first time, not people who are female for the first time) more comfortable.

-dave

Wilt Dasney

Maybe it makes more first time female runners (runners running for the first time, not people who are female for the first time) more comfortable.

That's my thought as well. There's a women's mini-triathlon held around here every year for which I've interviewed some participants. Some of them say things along the lines of only feeling comfortable around other women, due to self-consciousness, etc. If races like this (even though they aren't exclusively for women) get them off the couch when nothing else would, I'm all for it.

MKCP 1985

I'm not Doug, but if anyone wants to pay for my entry fee and flights out there I have no problems tossing on a pair of wings and tights. Any takers?

he only made that offer because (1) he knows I won't do it; and (2) he could recoup more than the investment in the travel through blackmail if I did. :ROFLOL:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
he only made that offer because (1) he knows I won't do it; and (2) he could recoup more than the investment in the travel through blackmail if I did. :ROFLOL:

:lol:

That was my thinking. There are plenty of people for whom I wouldn't make that offer because I know they'd take me up in a minute.

As for the idea of a race for "first-timers", I actually think that's a great idea, but I don't see why it has to be a girl thing. Anyone who runs, man or woman, has to start somewhere, right?

If this had been unveiled as a race very specifically designed for first-timers (or maybe just very slow runners), it may have actually lived up to the hype.

Don't list or celebrate the top times, but celebrate everybody in the field. Make it a complete team effort with the goal, rather than personal times, for a certain percentage of people to actually finish and everybody could encourage everybody else every step of the way.

If done right, something like that could be exciting and unique.

SleepingMonk

...It being a 'womens' race really does not bother me. I think it is kind of silly, none of the women runners I talk to feel that 'normal' races are men centric....

Maybe because the "normal" races are gender neutral?

A fairy race, princess race or tinkerbell race is most certainly geared toward females.

There are no knight in shining armour races, Gaston the burly hero races, etc...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom