New Pricing for 2008

KnK

Just read on another site (allearsnet.com) that they will be introducing a new price stucture for lodging in 2008. Looks like the days of booking the last day of value season and having the price carry over is gone.

Paul&chris2005

We just got back from the world and we stayed off-site at The Sheraton Vistana Resort, we got a timeshare there now - I looked at staying onsite, but to be honest 2 weeks at a Mod Resort was way too expensive for us too handle, by the time we got out flights and spending money, plus for the ever raising tickets. I have stayed on-site twice for a full 2weeks before and to be honest off-site is better. I dont think I could handle 2 weeks in one of the resorts. We done 1 night at PoL Riverside and the place was far too big, between the 20min walk from reception to out room, then the 10 min walk to the bus depot it was just too spread out - at the Vistana we got Cabs to out room and were $15 to MK & $7 to DTD. The money we saved by staying offsite and spending it on Cabs was still huge. To be honest off-site is way better IMO - you see more of the place, you can hit USF and the rest easier, better restaurants and more freedom - you dont have about 20 Disney related channels, one for the top 7 rides, one for DVC, one for Resort info, one for park info - its great - you actually get TV!!!

Upvote 0

New2WDW

So when do we start compiling a WDWmagic member recommended off site hotel list?

Looks like it already has.....

coltow suggests "Grampy's" home in Haines City, FL

Kadee suggests Doubletree
and
Paul&chris2005 thinks the rest of us are crazy for staying on property anyway while promoting The Sheraton Vistana Resort.

:lol:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Looks like it already has.....

coltow suggests "Grampy's" home in Haines City, FL

Kadee suggests Doubletree
and
Paul&chris2005 thinks the rest of us are crazy for staying on property anyway while promoting The Sheraton Vistana Resort.

:lol:
For about a year and a half I had "My friend Don's house" but that well kind of dried up.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

(We HATE driving in WDW) and the Disney Magic of being on property.

I don't mind driving at WDW, I've been driving down there for years, so it's not a strange place for me, it's like driving at home. While I like the magic of being on property, I also like to have a car so I can go elsewhere, I hate the idea of being trapped on property 24/7.

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

Staying off property adds more expenses: Rent car, daily parking fee. I know alot of the off-property hotels have shuttles but they were not very convenient with pick ups and drop offs.

Makes having a rental car a necessity. If the on-property price increases, more people are staying off property and they have cars. Universal/IOA may see a spike in attendance.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Add to this list that many off property resorts offer full hot breakfasts, for families on budgets this could be another reason to go offsite. My brother and his wife on our group trip in Dec. '04 stayed offsite and there room was cheaper than our discounted rate at Pop Century, they had a full kitchen as well and made to order free hot breakfasts.
I agree that the EMH are no longer so magical, because everyone flocks to those parks. In Dec. '06 the wait time for Soarin' during the EMH exceeded 2 hours..during the EMH's. We usually go to morning ones at MK/Epcot, hit those hard and hop the monorail to the other park.

Upvote 0

mnmrmustard

We are flying in from the west coast for our first trip to WDW in January and are planning to stay at Pop Century our first day. I would have liked to done the whole time on property, but the pricetag was just too steep.

So the other 11 days of our time there we will be staying in a 3 bedroom lockout at the Grand Beach (formerly Embassy Vacation Resort) on Lake Bryan, right across I-4 from Downtown Disney. Hopefully it'll be a good place :)

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Embassy Suites gets free Breakfast Buffet for guests. If you fit the up to 6 in a room that sleeps their it's not a bad deal. Breakfast can be a wait sometimes though for a table. And Ham and Cheese omlets for 9 days in a row can get old though.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Staying off property adds more expenses: Rent car, daily parking fee. I know alot of the off-property hotels have shuttles but they were not very convenient with pick ups and drop offs.

Makes having a rental car a necessity. If the on-property price increases, more people are staying off property and they have cars. Universal/IOA may see a spike in attendance.

For me these are not additional expenses, as I have an AP so park for Free. I like renting a car so I can do other things and eat anywhere I want and not have to hop this bus here and change to another bus here to get someplace and I don't like being trapped on property.

BTW, the new Seaworld water park looks like it's going to be fabulous. I drove by it when down in May.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We live in Illinois, get AP's and squeeze 3 trips in a 12 mnth time period with those AP's. We usually drive down, unless we can get some really great deals on airfare. I'd say we are about 75% driving, 25% flying. So as others have said, the parking and buses aren't really an issue. Although, when on property we do tend to let Disney do the driving for us. If we couldn't get great room rates we'd go back off site. I wouldn't love doing that, but lets face it, $136 and change for a night at the values is a bit much for what you get.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom