New Pricing for 2008

KnK

Just read on another site (allearsnet.com) that they will be introducing a new price stucture for lodging in 2008. Looks like the days of booking the last day of value season and having the price carry over is gone.

KnK

Original Poster
In the past we have always traveled Friday through Monday (10 days). This year it will be Saturday through Tuesday. We have always liked the fact that we get two weekends a year. Looks like next year I might want to rethink the plan.

I am just going to wait and see.

Upvote 0

sbkline

This could be good news, too, assumming that it works the other way around as well.

For those people who's trips start out in peak season, and then carry over into regular season, for example, that means that their rates would drop when the season switches, as opposed to getting stuck with peak season rates for the whole trip.

So I don't see much problem here...again, assumming that this works both ways.

Upvote 0

KnK

Original Poster
This could be good news, too, assumming that it works the other way around as well.

For those people who's trips start out in peak season, and then carry over into regular season, for example, that means that their rates would drop when the season switches, as opposed to getting stuck with peak season rates for the whole trip.

Very good point. I've never split between two seasons. We always go the second week of September.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

When people's seasons crossed over, what they would do was check out and check back in at the lower rate which probably caused disney some headaches and that is one of the things the new pricing structure will eliminate.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Originally Posted by New2WDW
I thought it mentioned Jan 1 2008 as when the prices will take effect?

Anyway, does anyone think the mid week prices will go down any or just that the weekend prices will go up?

I think this change along with the past price changes on tickets will start pushing more folks back off property...:shrug:

WHAT! One can hope can't he? :lol:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

That is the only positive I see but what many people did in the past to avoid this was break their resort stays into 2 parts. While this change does remove this hassle it adds quite a few more.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Originally Posted by New2WDW
I thought it mentioned Jan 1 2008 as when the prices will take effect?

Anyway, does anyone think the mid week prices will go down any or just that the weekend prices will go up?

I think this change along with the past price changes on tickets will start pushing more folks back off property...:shrug:

WHAT! One can hope can't he? :lol:
I am normally an optimist but in this case I have a very pessimistic view and I think that weekend rates will rise. How much they will rise will be the determining factor for my family at least as to weather we start to look off property. If it is $10 more per night on the weekends it won't be a big deal but if it is more like $50 then there will be a serious problem.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I am normally an optimist but in this case I have a very pessimistic view and I think that weekend rates will rise. How much they will rise will be the determining factor for my family at least as to weather we start to look off property. If it is $10 more per night on the weekends it won't be a big deal but if it is more like $50 then there will be a serious problem.
Same with us - we like to do a couple of weekend getaway trips per year. But if it's going to cost a substantial amount more, we either won't go,or we'll stay offsite.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

I can see the room discount offer now......

ROOM DISCOUNT: Weekend rate equal to weekday rate on select seasons and resorts only for odd numbered Saturdays throughout the cheapest season while no one else is coming on those specific dates!

Upvote 0

Grammy58

Me too.
This October will be the first time I have ever done the check in on value next day higher rate. i am so glad we did it. With all the changes wdw is doing to make more money its sad to say After this year I will probably not go back to wdw.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

If they price things too high, we may never see Pop Century finished. I think the value guests will be the first to go back off property, esp if you end up paying $136.00 w/tax for a pref. room at a value. For the size of the room and the only real ammenities being bus service, emh and disney theme, you can get much more bang for your buck off property w/ coupons or AAA discounts etc.

For us, we might end up doing a few days off property going to places we haven't been to in 6+ yrs (sea world, US/IOA etc) and then doing M-F at the 4 WDW parks.

Upvote 0

celticdog

The process that Disney is instituting in January is really no different from many of the hotels nationwide. In Las Vegas, for example, there are separate rates for weekdays and weekends. It doesn't seem to affect the crowds. The weekends attract more people ,therefore the rates should be higher.

In time, they may even come up with a weekely rate.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

If they price things too high, we may never see Pop Century finished. I think the value guests will be the first to go back off property, esp if you end up paying $136.00 w/tax for a pref. room at a value. For the size of the room and the only real ammenities being bus service, emh and disney theme, you can get much more bang for your buck off property w/ coupons or AAA discounts etc.

For us, we might end up doing a few days off property going to places we haven't been to in 6+ yrs (sea world, US/IOA etc) and then doing M-F at the 4 WDW parks.

I agree with you on this! The value guest which obviously has made a difference these past two years will probably start disappearing. The EMH has really been overcrowded and becomes the park we avoid while vacationing and I have heard many people complain about the value resort buses being too crowded which leaves only Themeing and Dining Plan for why I would still want to come back. And yes I understand all other resorts do this type of fee increase, but this is Disney and they have done many price changes over the last year and a half and it is climbing out of reach for us and I know for many others altogether. :cry:

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

It doesn't seem to affect the crowds.

Yes, but the locals that disney depends on to fill the rooms at the last minute might severely drop off and they will end up with empty hotel rooms. Disney has alot more rooms to fill and the options of going off property are many. Also, I think they are going to see that they will have empty room during cross over times where the rates increase because people will cut their trips shorter not to pay the extra $$.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

How many full week trips do they lose because of the "weekenders" have filled up the rooms? I know that there is a BIG difference between parking lot fullness on weekends and weekdays. Maybe they are turning away too many week long trips for room only weekends?

BTW -- anybody ever booked at DLR. They have weekend rates usually skyrocketing if you book more than 3-4 months out. This has turned us away from a last minute weekend trip a few times because FRI and SAT were $350 a night at the Pier and only $200 on Thurs/Sun.

IF the resort is only at 35% all week and at 100% on weekends and they are turning away 30% of reservations due to capacity -- they are losing money.

Besides, why not charge for more demand? Doesn't mean I like it, but it makes perfect sense.

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

Also, starting this year, they will be adding the cost of dining for a certain holiday seasons (Christmas Season, New Years, Easter, etc.) starting in near the end of this year. The cost will be an average of $1-6 a plate depending what they're serving and if it's a character breakfast.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Also, starting this year, they will be adding the cost of dining for a certain holiday seasons (Christmas Season, New Years, Easter, etc.) starting in near the end of this year. The cost will be an average of $1-6 a plate depending what they're serving and if it's a character breakfast.

When does this start exactly and what are the specific costs? We have another trip booked in Dec. and have made reservations for LTT. Do you mean that the cost of the meal is going up per person, or is this with the dining plan?? Or is there a link where I can find more information? Thanks so much!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom