new pre show for HISTA

magicjay1989

Original Poster
If you thought that true colors was a comercial just wait till you see this one. Anyways It talks about how one picture tell a thousand one word and it goes and shows a boy puting up signs for his lost dog and him going around the naborhood asking if you seen his dog champ. After he has put up all of his signs he goes home and his mom comes out to try and comfort him and the boy starts to cry his dog comes runing in and jumps on the boy.

Then they cut to a slide show of a weding and it looks like every thing is going wrong but the famileys laughing about it and they do a flashback of a boy puting a frog in his outfit right befor they take the weding pictures and to make a long story short the frog gets of the boys pocket and the bride ends up kissing it.

At the very end of this they show kodaks logo and say there slogan. Then it goes into Dr. Channings mesage from the end of true colors. This is all done on plasma flat screens above the adiances heads. I belive there are four rows of them staring with six screens and then loseing one moniter per row.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by magicjay1989
If you thought that true colors was a comercial just wait till you see this one. Anyways It talks about how one picture tell a thousand one word and it goes and shows a boy puting up signs for his lost dog and him going around the naborhood asking if you seen his dog champ. After he has put up all of his signs he goes home and his mom comes out to try and comfort him and the boy starts to cry his dog comes runing in and jumps on the boy.

Then they cut to a slide show of a weding and it looks like every thing is going wrong but the famileys laughing about it and they do a flashback of a boy puting a frog in his outfit right befor they take the weding pictures and to make a long story short the frog gets of the boys pocket and the bride ends up kissing it.

At the very end of this they show kodaks logo and say there slogan. Then it goes into Dr. Channings mesage from the end of true colors. This is all done on plasma flat screens above the adiances heads. I belive there are four rows of them staring with six screens and then loseing one moniter per row.

Sounds cute to me...although I did love that True Colors song :)

wdwjmp239

Re: Re: new pre show for HISTA

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Sounds cute to me...although I did love that True Colors song :)

Of course, the song "True Colors" is from Cyndi Lauper. If you want to hear the original, then you need to purchase this album:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=3:35:18|PM&sql=Aj6jyeaw04xs7

Else, the version of "True Colors" you heard at the old HISTA pre-show is a knock off of the original -- even though it is pretty good. :)

WDW John

Originally posted by Pumbas Nakasak
Sponsors putting commercials in pavillions. Tut what ever next.

It doesn't sound like a commercial so much as a plug. Haven't they been doing this for years? Especially at Epcot?

magicjay1989

Original Poster
theres no music and its only like a few pictures and the only tie in with imagination is the words Just imagine the possiblety
The true colors preshow was better theamed because it talked about ways to spark your imagination. If you see this one you will like true colors a lot more.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I liked true colors. I'm sure I'll like this one too, but nothing will come close to "Makin' Memories". :p

"HOLD YOUR BREATH AND SAY CHEESE!"

imagineersrock

Originally posted by magicjay1989
theres no music and its only like a few pictures and the only tie in with imagination is the words Just imagine the possiblety
The true colors preshow was better theamed because it talked about ways to spark your imagination. If you see this one you will like true colors a lot more.

........SIGH.................:brick:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
So how long is this "new" commerical? 2 days?.... as opposed to 1 day with the old 1991 slide show...:lol: :D

magicjay1989

Original Poster
It felt shorter than true colors to me. I think they start it later so that they can get all people in so that they all see it from start to finish insted of leting guest come in the middle. Let the brainwashing begin:hammer:

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by WDW John
It doesn't sound like a commercial so much as a plug. Haven't they been doing this for years? Especially at Epcot?

Yes...the old Universe of Energy (that put me to sleep) was basically a 40 minute commercial for Exxon...especially the movie at the end. And then you know about FedEx on Space Mountain...and the Ice Station...and Test Track...and Dinoland w/ Mickey D's...etc

ISTCrew20

I always thought the worst in-park advertisment is the AT&T sign at the end of SSE. Dont know why, I just always thought that was aweful...and of course, its followed by that dumb lady's voice (that ruins the whole atmoshere of the ride) inviting you to go to Global Neiborhood.

MGM had the right idea when they put up the fake billboards, but working ads, for Coke, and KODAK.

And of course, on DINOSAUR, all in the upstair queue after the preshow..."something something through a genorous grant from the McDonalds Corparation. "

I think Test Track has the best equlibrium of the ride and the ad. GM gets there name out there, but without overkilling it, but just dropping there name at a couple key points in the ride.

TrevEG

Geeze... another commercial? Coudn't the imagineers and kodak put something together that would at least somewhat tie in with the actual show? When I heard they were doing away with that horrid true colors pre-show I had such high hopes. You know. Maybe like a brief, commical history of the immagination labs. I can think of a million ways to sell the kodak product through that. But, come one. A bride kissing a frog? I guess Im jus asking for a little too much... :veryconfu

General Grizz

You have to give credit where credit is due. KODAK has had 'commericals' at Imagination since the opening - from a photo contest wall upstairs at the old Image Works area to the preshows. They put money into the running in the attraction...and lots of sponsors are dropping out. Think all the way back to 1964....the words 'General Electric' were said in the Carousel of Progress several times in the ride itself!

As for KODAK, if it weren't for this camera company, Figment may have been 100% gone back in 1999...and possibly not around today.

QUESTION: You're saying there's no MUSIC or no SONG? It seems kinda unnatural to have no music at all...if not, they may as well have kept 'True Colors'...

General Grizz

CoP and Horizons had GE logos EVERYWHERE....big ones, too, especially in Horizons. In fact, the main point of the final scene was the GE logo...all lit up. But GE did SO much for Horizons....it's unthinkable.

magicjay1989

Original Poster
Originally posted by grizzlyhall

QUESTION: You're saying there's no MUSIC or no SONG? It seems kinda unnatural to have no music at all...if not, they may as well have kept 'True Colors'...

A little back round music but that was it! Maybe there was no music, I don't remeber

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom