News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I thought Riviera's looked small but in practice works fine (and it's not like the quiet pool absorbs people, I've never seen more than about 20 people over there).

The problem is that this Poly pool doesn't look compelling enough to persuade guests to *not* walk to the Lava Pool. I think Disney needed to make this a second feature pool because the Lava Pool is already overcrowded, but from a rendering it looks like a miss. Hoping like Riviera I'm wrong again.

LittleBuford

I like Tikiman, but he's a way off the mark.

Most, if not all, of the criticism thus far of the Polyday Inn / Hale Moena Low Income Housing Complex (FL Annex) is about its exterior. But nice attempt at a strawman visual argument and deflection.
@Disney Analyst posted that at a time when the discussion was focused on the interior, so it was not deflection.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I like Tikiman, but he's a way off the mark.

Most, if not all, of the criticism thus far of the Polyday Inn / Hale Moena Low Income Housing Complex (FL Annex) is about its exterior. But nice attempt at a strawman visual argument and deflection.

Exterior was the initial criticism (and continues to be criticized) but people have since added on interior critique about how plain the room color scheme is.

nicb88

Ooh. Where did you find this? I'm all for a true quiet pool. Nice view of the lake from there too, it seems. That's something I like about the Contemporary pool.
The pattern on the side of the building is interesting too.
I had heard from a MK-Poly boat driver last week that they were getting Polynesian artists in to decorate the sides of the buildings but I presumed it to be the typical rumour mill. But this seems to confirm it could be true!

Dr.GrantSeeker

At least they didn’t fumble the effect this overcrowding will have on transportation and food service options for Poly, right? Right?
I've brought that up in this thread before. Food options at Poly already can't handle current capacity. The Monorail is going to be even worse once this tower opens. Thank god they built the walking path on the west side of Seven Seas because staying at the Grand and getting on the Monorail to go to MK is terrible. The trains are already packed by the time it arrives at the GF!

Beacon Joe

I've brought that up in this thread before. Food options at Poly already can't handle current capacity. The Monorail is going to be even worse once this tower opens. Thank god they built the walking path on the west side of Seven Seas because staying at the Grand and getting on the Monorail to go to MK is terrible. The trains are already packed by the time it arrives at the GF!

Am I reading this right? The Polyday Inn doesn't add any dining options to the resort?

I guess that probably answers the unanswered question I've posted in this thread a few times before as to whether or not this monstrosity will give the Polynesian Resort its own gym space or if Grand Floridian guests will contend with a small gym now supporting 3 hotels instead of 2. Which was already ridiculous.

Marionnette

I had heard from a MK-Poly boat driver last week that they were getting Polynesian artists in to decorate the sides of the buildings but I presumed it to be the typical rumour mill. But this seems to confirm it could be true!
Did he get that info from a bus driver?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom