News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Chef idea Mickey`=

Did he get that info from a bus driver?
Speaking of bus driver, this lady was mumbling to her hubby or else on the bus when the bus was driving by the Poly construction.. she said "oh look they're building the ramp for the monorail" 🙄 (as if she knew they were building a new monorail station for it..) sometimes I just can't with these ppl trying to impress but with lies...x

TrojanUSC

I do not mean to be negative, really I love Walt Disney World, but the current room rates at the Polynesian and it's DVC tower are insane. Just the room rates are higher than hotel rooms you would get in New York or Las Vegas. I actually stayed at the Polynesian in 1992 & 1998.

You could stay at the recently refurbished Waldorf Astoria, the gorgeous new JW or the very nice Swan Reserve for literally one half the price, including Ubers to and from the parks. If you have any loyalty you'd also be eligible to earn upgrades and points. Other than the transportation, why anyone chooses to stay on property at this point is actually beyond me.

James Alucobond

Other than the transportation, why anyone chooses to stay on property at this point is actually beyond me.
Because for many, that is the entire draw. You don’t have to rent a car, you don’t have to sit in traffic, you don’t have to think about how to get from here to there, you don’t have to trek across a searing expanse of asphalt. Additionally, you can offer older children a degree of freedom of movement and choice that you might not feel comfortable offering them elsewhere. Without the feel of a self-contained entertainment metropolis, WDW is significantly less special and unique.

TrojanUSC

Because for many, that is the entire draw. You don’t have to rent a car, you don’t have to sit in traffic, you don’t have to think about how to get from here to there, you don’t have to trek across a searing expanse of asphalt. Additionally, you can offer older children a degree of freedom of movement and choice that you might not feel comfortable offering them elsewhere. Without the feel of a self-contained entertainment metropolis, WDW is significantly less special and unique.

I guess but all the aforementioned properties listed are on WDW property. You can take a Minnie Van to and from the parks and still come in hundreds cheaper than staying at a Disney deluxe hotel, with far nicer room and amenities.

BrianLo

I guess but all the aforementioned properties listed are on WDW property. You can take a Minnie Van to and from the parks and still come in hundreds cheaper than staying at a Disney deluxe hotel, with far nicer room and amenities.

Cash rates are nuts. Cash rates on DVC are extra nuts. But the core product is not actually meant to support cash rates long term and can be achieved for like 1/3rd the rack rate with DVC - sometimes even less. That tends to be where the justification lies.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I do not mean to be negative, really I love Walt Disney World, but the current room rates at the Polynesian and it's DVC tower are insane. Just the room rates are higher than hotel rooms you would get in New York or Las Vegas. I actually stayed at the Polynesian in 1992 & 1998.

I don't get it either but Poly sells so well that it is often excluded from discount offers. Without DVC I'd never be there.

Bocabear

I just booked a week near that date at Pop with the 30% discount... $220/night.
there is a world of difference between the Polynesian and Pop Century.... Let's compare Days Inn and Waldorf Astoria...
I do agree that the Deluxe resorts are outnof line with the quality they offer though. Location and convenience seems to be the draw....certainly not accomodation quality....and now with the new building, thematic immersion is also not part of the equation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom