News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

lentesta

Premium Member
Here's a recent photo from 2220, a standard-view room in Aotearoa. If you're staying at the Poly in the near future, consider requesting something in Niue, Rarotonga, or Samoa instead. Those will be farther from the Magic Kingdom, but closer to the GCH and the TTC.

unnamed.jpg

UNCgolf

Here's a recent photo from 2220, a standard-view room in Aotearoa. If you're staying at the Poly in the near future, consider requesting something in Niue, Rarotonga, or Samoa instead. Those will be farther from the Magic Kingdom, but closer to the GCH and the TTC.

View attachment 677608

Those rooms should be offered at a discount -- not just because of the view but because of the construction happening right outside.

cranbiz

Those rooms should be offered at a discount -- not just because of the view but because of the construction happening right outside.
Oh, you are a funny person. 🤣

Those rooms should be charged a premium. An advance look into the wonderous Polyday Inn and suites. Your DVC guide will be along shortly to assist you in your add on purchase.

(said in my best sarcastic voice)

Dan Deesnee

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I'm excited for the new DVC rooms. I have 5 kids which is about to put Poly out of reach since we can't stay in a Bungalow.

I am apprehensive though. The Poly is one of my favorite places in WDW so I'm hoping they pull off something that fits well and is respectful to the beauty and history of the Polynesian.

correcaminos

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I'm excited for the new DVC rooms. I have 5 kids which is about to put Poly out of reach since we can't stay in a Bungalow.

I am apprehensive though. The Poly is one of my favorite places in WDW so I'm hoping they pull off something that fits well and is respectful to the beauty and history of the Polynesian.
I'm one who is excited too. I just ignore the negativity. I also like the new lobby so there's that. The Polynesian is my favorite resort and has been since 1982. I'm hopeful it will be nice.

Epcot82Guy

I think that's an important distinction. While some are overall negative, most of the negative reaction seems to be what they are choosing to build and its fit with Poly. Not that they are expanding the resort. There is a version of this that would be a great addition. I'm not sure I believe this will be that. In short, a Poly explanation for DVC vs the "Polyday Inn" we may be getting.

That could be said for many recent WDW choices. "How" vs "what"...

JD80

WDW needs more 5 and 6 people options.

AJT607

I remember when they were constructing the new tower at Coronado Springs, they gave guests who were in rooms near the construction a little package explaining the hours for the construction, apologizing for any inconvenience and included some unique pins of the Three Caballeros with construction signs/gear. We were staying at Pop Century and jealous of our friends who chose to stay at CSR.

If they are going to seriously rent these rooms at the poly during this phase of the construction, a similar small gesture feels appropriate - but maybe the days of Disney providing that additional level of guest care/service are over.

Epcot82Guy

I remember when they were constructing the new tower at Coronado Springs, they gave guests who were in rooms near the construction a little package explaining the hours for the construction, apologizing for any inconvenience and included some unique pins of the Three Caballeros with construction signs/gear. We were staying at Pop Century and jealous of our friends who chose to stay at CSR.

If they are going to seriously rent these rooms at the poly during this phase of the construction, a similar small gesture feels appropriate - but maybe the days of Disney providing that additional level of guest care/service are over.

I think I still have my set of construction pins from that!

I stayed on the Poly DVC side from Nov 13-19. We had two afternoons at the Oasis pool, and walked around the resort a few times throughout the week - We didn't hear a thing! The only reason we knew there was construction was because we had read about it online prior to our stay - lots of articles, and keeping up with this thread for weeks lol - and we saw the giant piles of dirt from the monorail. 🤪

So glad we got in before the noise starts!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom